• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential Buff for Supernatural's Archangels

Takes part in Season 6, spoilers to anyone who's not up to date on that. In any case the way souls are described in Supernatural are potential energy sources. Even siphoning some of it was enough to give Castiel the juice to bring someone back to the future. Shown on episode 6.18. As he describes it it's dangerous too, like putting your hands on a nuclear reactor to siphon some of it.

And then add in Eve's Quote from the next episode.

EVE: (laughs) Is that what he told you? It's about the souls.

SAM: (scoffs) What about 'em?

EVE: Their power, you simple little monkey. Fuel. Each soul a beautiful little nuclear reactor. Put 'em together, you have the sun. Now think what the king of hell could do with that vast, untapped oil well. How powerful he'd be. Now Crowley wants to siphon off my supply, and torture my children to do it? Okay fine. I'll quite playing nice. I'll turn you all. Every soul, mine.

Now Eve doesn't explicity describe how much souls are needed. Could be a few thousands, could be millions, could be all of the ones in Purgatory. But basically she compared them to the sun. That amount of energy into that.

Take in the fact that Castiel easily one shotted Raphael with a thought, who could be comparable to the other Archangels. Multi-continent is what we have so far but basically it should be at least higher.

Then there's the argument about how Balthazar describes it as unsafe and would take out a chunk of the planet. But isn't that if he messes up?

BALTHAZAR: And I can only assume that you'd be the vessel, correct? Suck up all those souls into yourself? All that power?

CASTIEL: It's the only way.

BALTHAZAR: Or too much juice for you, in which case you explode, taking a substantial chunk of the planet along with you.

Balthazar is referring to how Castiel wouldn't be enough to contain all of that power. With how souls move though, as seen from Sam taking part of his spirit piece by piece, or Death and Famine consuming souls slowly, there's that possibility that it's not the full value of the souls that could do that much power. There's a possibility that only some of the power is enough to do that and that Balthazar doesn't believe that Castiel could take that much juice.

Basically, potential Small Star-level God Castiel.

Well I'd like to hear others' thoughts about it first at least. This might've been discussed before and this was a pointless thing.

In the season finale of Season 11, it's revealed that a single soul has the power equal to 100 Suns, meaning that Castiel had the equivallent power of 5,000,000 suns; and the bomb Dean carries in his chest if we say he had 500,000 souls, he'd have the power of 50,000,000 suns.

Back