• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Post-Flashpoint and Post-Crisis DC Comics characters?

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
It is confusing how we should rate their comparative statistics.

For example, the superhuman Post-Flashpoint/New 52 characters have not yet demonstrated anywhere near the level of feats that their Post-Crisis counterparts did, but as of "Rebirth" we have currently been told that they are younger versions of the exact same characters.

The question is, should we scale the Post-Flashpoint characters from their Post-Flashpoint counterparts, and in the case of the Post-Crisis Bat-family characters, scale them retroactively from the current Batman, who has demonstrated higher feats than his older self?

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/494827

Well, I would wait for Post-Rebirth to settle in and see what we'll do then. Apparently Dad Superman was stated to be weaker than he was in his Post-Crisis Prime.

Also, reading through the old thread, the talks of Universal / Multiversal threats and destruction that went on during Darkseid Wars is somewhat reasonable, but I'm pretty sure it does not in any way scale to the Justice League. Maybe to God Hal Jordan who displays some impressive feats.

I should just read the whole storyline and give my thoughts.

Yes. I also have that impression, but would still appreciate a scan where it is explicitly stated that Superman is weaker, and Wally West Flash also does not seem anywhere nearly as powerful, after being turned younger.

Okay. As far as Post-Flashpoint things that would be good for me to read, I'd have: Rebirth Titles of Superman, Darkseid Wars and things of the like.

Uh, here's the thing. The official explanation is still unclear. We know that Post-Flashpoint is basically Post-Crisis - 10 Years, however, there are several other differences that occured due to the Flashpoint Retcon. Universes such as Vertigo and Wildstorm merged with mainstream DC (Well, for the former is more like we now have mainstream version of the Vertigo characters on Earth 0), and several origins were changed. Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman and Supergirl for instance all got bran new origin stories that changed their characters quite a lot.

@Matt

I've been following Rebirth Superman and Dad Supes is a lot weaker than in his prime, to the point that he's having trouble digging three mile trenches and fighting off dinosaurs.

However, his most notable feat is fighting The Eradicator, which was powered by the souls of hundreds of Kryptonians, but he only beat it after said Kryptonians entered his body.

Well, City level Superman will always be a low-end when that same Superman is in the Justice League and doing well alongside the Post-Flashpoint characters.

Okay. Thank you for the scan. I suppose that we cannot scale the current characters from their Post-Crisis counterparts then.

Well, this Superman is still in the Justice League, and is as powerful as any of the people there.

http://***************.to/Comic/Justice-League-2016

Yes, his much weaker power level seems more in line with the rest of the Justice League.

Back