• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Post a Character, Receive a Character Sheet for a Zombie Apocalypse TTRPG

Me right now reacting to Mr Bambus thoughts on anime

star-platinum.gif

Idk Mob Psycho and OPM are pretty good media overall
I speak generally. I have, in the past, enjoyed an anime or two. But it is, moreso than most forms of media, oversaturated with the most vile and poorly written shit. Furthermore, a lot of this vile and poorly written shit is heralded as genuinely good by the weebs. So, I refer to anime as shit. Mostly because it is.

I have no interest specifically in OPM and Mob Psycho, they look like somewhat self-aware shonen shit with sprinklings of comedy. Not the worst premise, not something that interests me. In the past, I've rather liked Overlord, Death Note, and Neon Genesis Evangelion. Full Metal Alchemist was mid tier for me.

I try to watch a new one every year, picked from suggestions of my more weeby friends. I'll have a thread about that reasonably soon, actually.

I speak generally. I have, in the past, enjoyed an anime or two. But it is, moreso than most forms of media, oversaturated with the most vile and poorly written shit. Furthermore, a lot of this vile and poorly written shit is heralded as genuinely good by the weebs. So, I refer to anime as shit. Mostly because it is.
Oh yeah the piles of Isekai, Rom coms and moe garbage in the genre really puts me off as well. Thats why I prefer battle mangas or seinens even if they still carry some of the flaws of the industry overall.
I have no interest specifically in OPM and Mob Psycho, they look like somewhat self-aware shonen shit with sprinklings of comedy. Not the worst premise, not something that interests me. In the past, I've rather liked Overlord, Death Note, and Neon Genesis Evangelion. Full Metal Alchemist was mid tier for me.
I wouldn't really describe both like that. OPM parodies a bit (especially the early chapters) but its still a serious setting and the story and characters are played straight (even Saitama) it has comedic elements because ONE just writes like that.

As for Mob Psycho, its actually a coming of age story with a very positive self improving through relationships with others message, its really, really good and since ONE isnt a garbage writer a lot of the "anime shit" that puts off people isnt present on the story. I think you will like it.

I'm not an avid anime watcher admittedly (I tend to watch cartoons or some gameplay of some video games that interests me), and admittedly recommending people to watch some anime is a little difficult. There's a lot of weird shit out there.

Though at the same time, there are some Isekai and Rom com anime that I genuinely like, or just find as guilty pleasures.

I don't really have a preferred genre. I like what I like (with some exceptions of course).

Holy shit Bambu is based af
L

I try to watch a new one every year, picked from suggestions of my more weeby friends. I'll have a thread about that reasonably soon, actually.
Calling FMA mid tier still irks me but yoh are a shit ass

Hockey is just better then wrestling, if I wanted to watch wrestling id just watch MMA given its SIGNIFICANTLY more interesting to watch.

Wrestling is objectively one of the most effective H2H fighting styles on the planet and has a strong technical side, it is however boring watching people fight for positioning. It does have submissions which are solid at least.

Hockey is just better then wrestling, if I wanted to watch wrestling id just watch MMA given its SIGNIFICANTLY more interesting to watch.

Wrestling is objectively one of the most effective H2H fighting styles on the planet and has a strong technical side, it is however boring watching people fight for positioning. It does have submissions which are solid at least.
I can name 5 sports off the top of my dome that I'd rather watch than hockey.

I will never get the appeal of that...

I mean its a high paced game which involves hits, fights and general technical skills revolving around skating, stick handling, passing and shooting. Its appeal is similar to sports like Football, American Football and Rugby.

If you can name 5 sports that you’d rather watch that’s perfectly fine, not everything is everyones cup of tea. You are well within your roght to be wrong

I don't like watching sports. I'm just saying that if I have to, Hockey is the best one. You are hearing the opinion of a non-sportsman.

Oh yeah the piles of Isekai, Rom coms and moe garbage in the genre really puts me off as well. Thats why I prefer battle mangas or seinens even if they still carry some of the flaws of the industry overall.

I wouldn't really describe both like that. OPM parodies a bit (especially the early chapters) but its still a serious setting and the story and characters are played straight (even Saitama) it has comedic elements because ONE just writes like that.

As for Mob Psycho, its actually a coming of age story with a very positive self improving through relationships with others message, its really, really good and since ONE isnt a garbage writer a lot of the "anime shit" that puts off people isnt present on the story. I think you will like it.
To be honest with you chief, I think I'd enjoy a good romcom over another action packed shonen. Not horny shit, mind you, because practically all anime is far too horny for my taste. But I think I could stomach tasteful romance.

Also yeah I don't really get watching sports.

Only reason I'm somewhat into them is because my dad is really into them, so I go to some games with him. But that's it.

I personally watch many sports like Surfing, Ice Hockey, Football, American Football, Basketball, Boxing, MMA, Rugby and Skateboarding

I mean its a high paced game which involves hits, fights and general technical skill revolving around stick handling, passing and shooting. Its appeal is similar to sports like Football, American Football and Rugby.

If you can name 5 sports that you’d rather watch that’s perfectly fine, not everything is everyones cup of tea. You are well within your roght to be wrong
Mf I can barely tell where the puck is at half the time lol.

Soccer is boring asf, Football is alright, and Rugby was never interesting.

Only sports I genuinely would go out of my way and watch are Basketball, MMA, Boxing, and Wrestling.

Back