• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possibly Vortex Storm Revision?

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
In the episode "Torrent of Terror" Vortex created a planetary storm. The calc is High 6-C for a thunderstorm of that's size however I heard that the results could change depending on how intense the storm is.

Vortex didn't just create a storm cloud across the planet. He also created different weather effects. In this video at around 14 minutes in they say their are different weather patterns all over the globe. Eygpt was being frozen over, Paris had a thunderstorm that unleashed lightning that blow off the upper part of the Eiffel Tower, Venice Italy was his last stop and he covered it in storm clouds and froze it over with his presence. Even at the beginning of the episode they state entire cities have been wiped out by his storms.

Is a storm like this still High 6-C, lower or higher?. Here's the original calc.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Darkanine/Danny_Phantom:_Vortexes_Planetary_Storm

Honestly, seeing as even the Pokemon one made Pikachu, Ho-Oh, Marshadow and many others High 6-B all because of a mountain region storm, I think Vortex could probably be a lot more based on this.

But I can't be 100% sure since im not a calc guy.

With my luck... Probably not ovo

Since Darkanine did the original calc I asked him first for a relook.

First I'd like to note that Pokemon's Tier 6 storms tend to be KE based... which means they might get revised in the near future. However this is not the thread for that.

Second, yes, this could absolutely be calc'd as higher. IIRC even a planetary storm calc'd with the lowest possible CAPE value for a storm would be 6-B.

Does the storm cover absolutely all the globe, or just specific places? If all you use CAPE, and if the intensity vary use 4k J/kg for the yield

@Antoniofer

It states the storm covered all 4 corners of the globe and Vortex's states he has disrupted weather patterns across the globe and that his power reaches the ends of the earth.

The only part of the earth he didn't cover was Amity Park and that's because Danny was controlling the weather of the town.

Ok, so, lowballing (I think?) using 4k J/kg and thickness of 8 km of clouds I got 16.412*10^21 J (Low 6-B+).

@Antoniofer

Do you think you could do a calculation blog for the feat when you have the time so I could get it evaluated?.

@Antoniofer

Thank you very much. Also, the reason I wanted it recalculated was because I noticed there were storm calcs that weren't planetary but had higher results so I wanted to know if Vortex's feats was really just High 6-C.

Back