• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom - Vortex Revision!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Finally! The last Danny Phantom character that needs to be revised.

For those who took part in the past downgrade, I explained why Vortex's Low 6-B wasn't applicable for scaling. Mainly because he didn't create a planetary storm outright, he simply disrupted the weather patterns across the globe. It was multiple different storms that made up the planetary storm. This means Vortex shouldn't have a Low 6-B rating in general.

New Scaling

I have created a blog that contains Vortex's weather feats that also uses the information from our references to common feats page that already has calcs done for creating storms.

It also explains the scaling at the bottom. Which is simply Vortex's AP scales to his weather attacks since he only uses his weather powers for attacking. His Striking Strength and Durability do not scaling because Vortex does not physically attack others and he is shown to have an inherent weakness to his own powers being used against him. Danny's shields scale as they blocked Vortex's attacks without fail even when Vortex was angry.

I also explained why KE (Kinetic Energy) should be used so Vortex will be 7-A as explained in the blog. Thoughts? I already have his profile written out with scan, references and so on, just need this to be evaluated.

I think it's fine like that, I personally believe it should scale to more people but that's just me.
Looks fine to me, but wouldn’t Pariah Dark scale to this?
I wanted to handle the Vortex scaling itself before tackling potential scaling because it would effectively change everyone's rating due to the 100x multiplier from the Ecto-Skeleton. There is also another feat that I would like calculated before making that thread to try and get some consistency with Tier 7 feats.

So potential upgrades are likely but this is Vortex focused at the moment.

Bump.

I'm pretty much finished with the scaling thread draft, so when/if this gets accepted, I'll post it... be prepared for for future upgrades (Tier 7).

Alright, this should be fine to apply now but will leave this open for a while since I asked someone to comment and they said they'll check it out when then get the chance. After that, I'll update Vortex's profile then proceed with the next revision.

Yep, this seems pretty straightforward.

As for the calculation itself, I believe that it should be revised by using the area of Venice rather than a 20 km radius.

Yep, this seems pretty straightforward.

As for the calculation itself, I believe that it should be revised by using the area of Venice rather than a 20 km radius.
I'll do a revised version.

Last edited:
7-A for multiple storms all over the planet to the point of them covering the entire planet after a while? Seems a bit low no? Wouldn’t Low 6-B/timeframe yield better results?

7-A for multiple storms all over the planet to the point of them covering the entire planet after a while? Seems a bit low no? Wouldn’t Low 6-B/timeframe yield better results?
Well we don't know how long it actually took him, and the 7-A is just for him creating a single storm. However, I did a revised version for his Venice Italy Storm and got 6-C/Island level. We just need another calc member to evaluate it (one has already approved it).

Last edited:
Alright so 6-C Vortex seems accepted since the two calc members approved it so I'll update Vortex's profile. I'll hold off on updating Danny's shields since I'm going to post the overall revisions after I update Vortex's profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back