• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Upgrading and revision on the Patamon page

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
Hello!

I noticed the Patamon page is rather bare bones, only stating him as tier 7-B. I have two problems with this. Firstly, as MagnaAngemon, he played a major role in defeating Piedmon and delivered the final blow, who on this wiki has a durability ranking as "Mountian" (though with Wargreymo's recent upgrades, maybe his durability should be upgraded as well?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toqIBXzONBo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaGcmkb2wF0 (P.S. I couldn't find any english version of these clips, sorry)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoA2Q3zNTK4 Theirs also this clip of him holding his own against Blackwargreymo, but not much comes from this. Thought it would still be worth sharing.

As for my second problem, it only ranks MagnaAngemon in the tier, when Patamon has had several forms over the course of the anime. The ones who actually fought include

-Patamon (estimated: 9-A maybe?)

-Angemon (estimated: Probably 8-C as of Tri. Was more than able to defeat the Building Busting Kuwagamon)

-Pegasusmon (I have no clue, I didn't watch much of 02)

-MagnaAngemon (The one currently ranked)

-Seraphimon (Seraphimon is rather weird, in Adventure he has pretty much no feats, though some Digimon lore states he could create stars)

While on the subject of Seraphimon, I can't overstate how underwhemling he was in the anime..not only was his digivultion out of nowhere but he got hit once and just kind of turned back into Patamon.

Please let me know if I messed anything up or had any oversights. I'm still very new to this so I don't really know how to judge AP/DC, speed or durability.

Well, personally I don't know enough Digimon to say either way.

Oh and Piemo's durability feat is "tanking WarGreymons Gaia Force", and WarGreymon was upgraded to a small planet buster, so would that give Piemon small planet durability?

Sorry if im bumping this to much.

Piemon was recently upgraded to Low 5-B, so is it safe to say Patamon would be Low-5-B as MagnaAngemon?

Honestly, I am not certain whether or not the upgrades are correct? But for the sake of consistency between characters, I suppose so. I don't have much faith in the accuracy of the Digimon pages however. None of the staff knows anything about the characters, which makes it extremely hard to fact-check.

Antvasima said:
Honestly, I am not certain whether or not the upgrades are correct? But for the sake of consistency between characters, I suppose so. I don't have much faith in the accuracy of the Digimon pages however. None of the staff knows anything about the characters, which makes it extremely hard to fact-check.

Well, alright then. I'll get to editing the Patamon page.

@Darkanine I have a question. Did the gate of destiny destroyed Piemon or just sent him to another dimension?

BlitzStrike said:
@Darkanine I have a question. Did the gate of destiny destroyed Piemon or just sent him to another dimension?

Very good question on something I didn't think about. I'll rewatch the fight.

Alright. Rewatched the episode in its fullness and it appears that Magnaangemon only sends Piemon to another dimension.

Patamon's about the strength of lower end Child level Digimon. He can fight Picodevimon and other weak Digimon like Numemon.

_____

Angemon is mostly scaled off destroying giant Devimon and damaging Vamdemon who could tank build level attacks from the other Adult level Digimon. His durability comes from getting back up after being smacked by Venomvamdemon.

For Pegasmon he seems to be the same strength as most of the Armor Digimon. He can destroy Dark Towers in one hit which have Building level durability and takes about the same damage as the other Digimon when the whole group geting hit by attacks.

One thing I would like to clear up about Holyangemon "defeating" Piemon, all he did was push Piemon off a ledge while getting they keychains (Chosen Children and Digimon transformed into keychains) back and restored them back to their normal form.

When Piemon came back with all those Evilmon Holyangemon opened the Heaven's Gate to suck them all up and Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon blasted Piemon into the gate.

When he appeared into Adventure 02 he fights Blackwargreymon but he relies on trying to suck him into the Heaven't gate and tries to push him in. Blackwargreymon wins the fight by destroying the Holy Stone that allowed Angemon to evolve into Holyangemon so sadly the fight isn't very useful for scaling.

Later on he does get back up after be hit by Skullsatamon who could damage Paildramon with normal attacks. That's what I scaled his durability off of. This likely puts his durability at about the same as Angewomon and Paildramon who faired about the same against Skulldatamon's attack

Seraphimon was a difficult one to scale beacuse of how little screentime he got in the movie. His attacks were clearly more damaging then Angemon and Angewomons. Other then that it can be safe to assume that he is at least as strong as Holyangemon since Digimon never seem to lose power with evolutions.

And it looks like since I was away people are trying to scale off of the Dark Masters reshaping the Digital World (the size of the Earth) into Spiral Mountain. I expect this will be challenged on the same grounds of Rita moving the moon in Power Rangers. It's likely reality warping and not actual strength. We don't actually see how it was done or know how long it took. It happened when the Chosen Children were in the real world and at this point time was still desynchronised between the worlds.

Also keep in mind that the only reason Wargreymon was able to defeat Metalseadramon and Mugendramon was because of the Dramon Killer. Before he learned of it Metalseadramon clearly outclassed him.

I'd say we should get a mod's opinion but it looks like one already posted and admitted they know nothing about Digimon. Drat.

Well if the mods want I can show you were to get the episodes from. There are only about four hundred episodes...and a few movies. It shouldn't take to long.

And in addition, the absolutely horribly bland and unimaginative naming conventions for the franchise makes it incredibly hard to get any interest whatsoever in the characters that are being discussed.

Thanks both of you for the info and insight! Upon rewatching the episode I realized he wasn't as strong as I remember. Hell, he didn't even really knock him into the gate as I thought, Wargreymon did that with Gaiaforce.

Well, the Mon part is actually a facet of coding. Most programs have a ."insert file type here" configuration (not that this is new to you). The mon part is the same, showcasing that it is a Digital Monster with the parts before being the distinguishing feature. So WarGreymon is literally WarGrey (species).Mon(creature).

Antvasima said:
And in addition, the absolutely horribly bland and unimaginative naming conventions for the franchise makes it incredibly hard to get any interest whatsoever in the characters that are being discussed.
You'd actually be surprised where many Digimon's name are derived from and what their character is based off.

Antvasima said:
LordKnightmon's name is a pun on the word Rhodonite, a rose red colored crystal, which also influences his (or rather her) rose red colored armor. And to be fair, it's no different from Frieza and how his name is just a play on the word freezer.

An example of what I was talking about is someone like Seraphimon. His name and design is based on the mythological Seraph and the archangel Michael, which fits with how Angemon defeated Devimon, or otherwise the devil. And just for fun, written on the breechcloth he wears is a quote from Final Fantasy VII's Sephiroth which reads "All shall be one with me".

Well, my eyes start to glaze over as soon as anybody start the mention more than two Digimon names in a row.

Back