• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Tier Buff for Rookie and Champion level Digimon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Hello guys, I am here to possibly Upgrade the Rookie and Champion level Digimon to new General tiers similar to what we did to the Ultimate and Mega level Digimon. So let's get started.

Rookie level

So I request that all Rookie level Digimon would be upgraded to 8-B or City Block level via being scaled to Guilmon's Fireball feat. This should scale to all Rookie as at this time, Guilmon is still comparable to other Rookie Class Digimon and thus should not be too far above others despite having a tamer.

Champion level

This is based on Executor N0's blog. Based on Darkanine's evaluation of the calc in the comment section, it is safe to say that Champion level Digimon could be solid High 7-A or Small Island level

Here is Darkanine's Calc(Comment) that we find to be most reasonable.

"We tend to use E=m*c*ΔT for temperature feats, instructions on how to use it are on the Calculations page. For the storm one, I don't think we typically use the PE of clouds (Not sure if it's against the rules, but I've never seen it tried), instead we compare the size of the Storm to a hurricane. So: A Hurricane produces 6*10^14 Watts per 665 km^2 8804395 / 665 = 13239.69172932331 6*10^14 * 13239.69172932331 = 7.943815e+18 W 1.8 Gigatons. High 7-A"

So what do you guys think?

I dunno...

Guilmon was explicitly created to be "Agumon, but better". It's been years since I watched Tamers and I can't immediately recall any feats that would corroborate this in any of the other series for a Rookie-level Digimon.

High 7-A Champions are easier to swallow, but it's still a little odd that we've decided to bump everyone up based on level alone.

Well we know said Renamon and Terriermon scale to Guilmon as well though.

We decided to mostly do this since most Digimon of a certain are at least comparable to one another with some obvious exceptions (Like Sukamon or Garbagemon) Plus we were already doing that beforehand as every Mega under the sun was Low 5-B and every Ultimate was 6-B. As of now all Rookies are 9-B and Champions are Low 7-B.

@Ever

I mean, it's been established that Lucemon is the exception to the rule, but good point.

Still, are there any other Rookie-level City Block feats for Digimon not like Lucemon?

Only other feats I know are Renamon and Terriermon who have fought Guilmon. Maybe Impmon. I haven't watched Tamers in a while. I mean all Guilmon did was vaporize a chunk of concrete.

@Ever I was actually tempted. But I know that wouldn't fly with Reppu XD

I agree with Repp here. guilmon's can be an outlier

Small island champion seems alright.

Meh, I understand Rookie being a little hard to swallow. I wasn't real sure of it. I actually just so happen to notice Guilmon, Renamon, Impmon and Terriermon were 8-B.

In season 3 they usually buff themselves via cards, I wouldnt put them as your typical rookies.

Well at the same time we did scale Impmon to it. But of course this Impmon does train himself(And becomes Beelzemon sooo) This is probably a thing we can keep to Tamers Rookies.

Ok, I updated the blog with the version of Darknine and also used the calculation in the feat of Yukidarumon, the result was 6-C. However the Adult Digimon is High 7-A, or even more, it seems consistent to me (There were three such feats occurring in a single episode).

About Digimon Tamers, the Guilmon that realized this feat had just been born and was totally inexperiente, Guilmon may even have a potential superior to that of Agumon, however a Digimon that has just appeared in the level in question does not even come close to Digimon that already Were on this level before, we can see this in WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon against the Dark Masters.

Anyway, when updating the Adults I suggest adding a new key to the Digimon Adventure's Child Digimon, something like "Dark Masters Arc " since in the Dark Masters Arc they were strong enough to fight Digimon Adults.

Guilmon is stated to be stronger than average child/rookie. I guess, this calc will apply to all Digimon that are part of the "Combat Species", such as Guilmon, Terriermon and DORUmon, but not to all average Child Digimon. "Combat Species" Digimon are specifically stated to be such one in their profiles, but I can make a list if needed.

As for Adult/Champion being around small island level, I'm ok with this. Take into account this will buff the Adult Digimon that are stronger than average, though (such as GeoGreymon or V-dramon).

Okay then. So Combat-Species Rookies are 8-B.

Then other normal Rookies will stay 9-B or could we make a case for higher?

There are consistent feats of Child level Digimon doing stuff that put them in a higher level? (except the ones from the protagonists, who are obviously more experience and powerful than your average child level)?

I dunno. Rookies other than main protag Rookies don't get much screen time unlike Higher level Digimon. I was just wondering if there was something your average everyday Rookie could scale to. My hopes weren't high. I'd have to look at every Wikimon file for Rooke level Digimon to see if I find something......Sigh.....That's a lot of Rookies tho....

I wouldn't really be comfortable with cross-scaling Adventure and Tamers so haphazardly, since Tamers was made to be it's own thing and thus has several differences from Adventure, namely the fact that Adventure was supposed to be an anime in Tamers that the main characters watched. Likewise, I wouldn't be okay with scaling their Adult and Perfect levels. Ultimates scaling is fine due to Mephismon though.

In general I'm not completely okay with scaling every Adult to the feat, but it should apply to most of the notable ones.

Well we should likely scale to the competent Adults. Y'know ones that hunt other Adults and such. Of course Digimon like Sukamon or Numemon obviously wouldn't scale. Like we said with the Perfect and Ultimate scaling, there will be exceptions to this scaling. However, how should we treat Tamers scaling? I mean we do have a scene of Renamon defeating Allomon who technically is an Adult Class...so outlier?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I mean we do have a scene of Renamon defeating Allomon who technically is an Adult Class...so outlier?

I do not think so, Digimon's Tamers Renamon fought many Digimon and absorbed their data by becoming a very powerful Digimon to the other Digimon in the child phase, normal Armors and Adults being defeated by it is not uncommon. These feats do not scale to normal Renamon, but the Digamon Tamers Renamon is far above normal.

Well, we have consistent feats of Renamon being your above average Child Digimon (the Renamon in Savers did survived the battle with a few adult Digimon, IIRC). But yes, we don't have to use the feats of protagonist Digimon to scale the normal Digimon, unless in cases like the one in the original post with Guilmon (as this Guilmon was newborn and unexperienced, and thus his feat applies to all Guilmon).

Anywho Can I go through with the changes?

Combat Species Rookies(only) will become 8-B

Champion level Digimon will become High 7-A.

It seems everyone is okay with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back