• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP-682 Possible Resistances

so i went to the SCP experiment log regarding scp-682 and found this

you can use crtl +F again (just put in the Crtl F cutting laser)

for those not interested in doing that i'll just put this

Item: █████W ██████████ cutting laser

Tissue Test Record:
Tissue sample was successfully bisected 13 times before adopting a mirrored finish.

Termination Test Record:
After multiple attempts, the main body of SCP-682 was successfully bisected into parts that were equal in mass at T+7:13 hours. Dead scraps were removed from the room while the two halves (subsequently designated SCP-682-A and SCP-682-B) regenerated. After the recovery period, SCP-682-A and -B appeared to survey the area and evaluate each other, presumably in anticipation of attack. Surface fluctuations indicative of internal modification were noted, but all external changes occurred and disappeared far too quickly to be adequately described. High-energy bioluminescent organs on the face, spine, and forelimbs were observed as well on both specimens, usually forming, pulsing, and disappearing again over the course of a few seconds.

At T+35:42 hours, SCP-682-A and -B simultaneously collapsed on the floor and all vital signs ceased, remaining in this state for the following 48 hours. At T+84 hours, the laser was used again in an attempt to cut SCP-682-A and -B into more manageable pieces, leading to minor structural damage to the room as the laser beam reflected off their skin. As both -A and -B remained immobile despite the increased potential for escape, two D-class personnel were released into the room. Immediately upon their entry, [DATA EXPUNGED].

Technical failure of the observation equipment and test chamber breach was detected from outside, activating Safety Protocol T-98816-OC108/682-N147. Containment was successfully reestablished at the cost of ███ security personnel, ███ D-class personnel, and ██ researchers, including Doctors [DATA EXPUNGED]. The majority of the testing area was considered unsalvageable and demolished for later reconstruction. Experiment supervisor Dr. █████████ was found unconscious and in critical condition outside the observation chamber (see medical logs for ██████.██/██/████); medical staff succeeded in sufficiently reviving him to be debriefed by Agent ██████, whereupon he was harshly reprimanded and [DATA EXPUNGED].

Note: Only one SCP-682 was found in the locked-down area surrounding the wreckage, apparently at near-full mass rather than the expected 50% (scattered tissues within the facility account for the missing mass). Dr. █████████'s testimony indicates that SCP-682-A and -B exhibited a high degree of coordination following the security breach, but that once SCP-682-B became heavily damaged by security personnel, it was immediately devoured and reabsorbed by 682-A. Total loss of one of the SCP-682 specimens is considered highly improbable, and searches have been called to a halt. Agent ██████

Note: Much as our department would love to know whether SCP-682 retained a single consciousness during its dissection, or whether the two counterparts were actually able to cooperate until the stalemate was ended by external forces, for practical purposes we do not under any circumstances advise trying that again. - Dr. Noaqiyeum

So basically they used a cutting laser to cut 682. It worked the first time but when they tried using it later against the two 682's (The energy projection, aka the laser thing, bounced/reflected off of both 682's skins basically making him resistant to the energy projection.

Would it also count as attack reflection (as it literally says "the laser beam reflected off their skin")

Resistance to extreme heat/temperature manipulation (does this also count as resistance to fire manipulation too?)

Item:
Extremely high temperatures.

Tissue Test Record: Tissue sample was placed in a specially designed oven and heated to ████ Kelvin. Tissue caught fire and burned to non-anomalous ash.

Termination Test Record: SCP-682 was released into a testing room outfitted with heating coils identical to those used in the tissue test. The chamber was heated to ███ Kelvin, at which point SCP-682 developed a secondary carapace composed of solid helium. Carapace did not evaporate in the high temperatures as expected. The test was aborted, SCP-682 was sedated, and the temperature reduced to human-survivable temperatures, but the carapace remained in place. When D-class personnel entered the testing room to facilitate SCP-682's return to its containment chamber, the carapace shattered, shredding all personnel in the room and reducing the temperature to ███ Kelvin.

Note: This thing is smarter than we give it credit for. It baited us! -Dr. Carlson.

resistance to ice/absolute zero (Which one is it?)

NOTE: "Maybe we're overthinking this. There are still a lot of non-anomalous things we should try." -Dr. Carlson.

Item: 1 ton of liquid nitrogen.

Tissue Test Record: Sample froze solid. When struck by a hammer, it shattered.

Termination test record: The nitrogen was poured onto SCP-682 from above. SCP-682 became frozen solid and remained so for approximately 10 minutes, until it began generating intense heat from within. SCP-682 was fully thawed within 3 minutes, but continued to increase its body temperature. Test aborted when SCP-682's body became so hot that it began to melt through the sides of its containment chamber.

Note: Interesting, it retained the adaption even after it was no longer necessary. Maybe we should be more careful. -Dr. Carlson

also i was just curious what resistances would these tests be?

Item:
SCP-407

Tissue Test Record: N/A

Termination Test Record:

00:25 - SCP-682 didn’t seem to be soothed by SCP-407.
00:45 - SCP-682’s wounds from previous experiments heal rapidly. SCP-682 opened its mouth and emitted a high-pitched noise.
01:25 - SCP-682’s mouth filled with a white, foamy substance. SCP-682 screamed.
01:55 - SCP-682 swallowed the substance and choked.
02:35 - SCP-682 shot the substance out of it’s mouth, similar to the way a Toxotes shoots water.
03:55 - SCP-682 collapsed and remain unconscious for 5 minutes, presumably to heal quicker. Once regained consciousness, SCP-407’s effects demanifested.

Item: SCP-166

Tissue Test Record:
Sample decomposed without incident.

Termination Test Record:
SCP-166 is placed in SCP-682’s containment chamber. SCP-682 runs toward SCP-166 as it begins to “melt”. SCP-682’s “melting” state accelerates as it gets closer to SCP-166. At the point of contact, 682 has become what could only be described as a patch of grass covered with multiple flowers. Approximately 15 minutes later, SCP-682 begins to regenerate at the same speed it initially melted at, regenerating faster and faster as time goes by. Upon full regeneration, SCP-682 can be observed with several flowers and mushrooms on its back before a tree spontaneously sprouts out of its back, partially destroying the roof of its containment chamber.

Note: Do I have to pay for the damage to the roof? - Dr. Tralmaxoth

Note: Perhaps. - O5-5

also because 682 fought 106 would he be resistant to his powers too? (should we add those too?)

Items: SCP-106 and SCP-953

Note: The following incident occurred during a dual containment breach of SCP-106 and SCP-953

Termination Log: SCP-106 and SCP-953 both break into 682’s containment. There is no indication either item did this deliberately. Once the three items became aware of the others’ presence, all ceased movements and regarded each other with visible hostility, resulting a stalemate. 106 broke this stalemate by lowering itself through the floor them attempting to apprehend 953, who responded by latching itself on 682. All three items were presumably transported to 106’s pocket dimension. After a period of five hours, all three items manifested back in 682’s containment chamber, bearing heavy wounds from prolonged combat. 106 was the first to leave the area, returning to its containment cell. MTF teams deployed in preparation for the return of the items were able to apprehend 953. 682 had its body mass reduced by 67%, but has since recovered.

Note: I’m amazed all three are still alive, baring 682. 953 won’t talk about what happened and neither will 682. I can only assume it was brutal, judging from their injuries. Measures are being taken to ensure this never happens again, but we got really lucky. If 106 hadn’t taken the other two into the pocket dimension, this could have resulted in hundreds of causalities. - O5-6

Fighting doesn’t give resistance to all opponent powers other wise I agree

you agree with the ice/absolute zero one (which one is it?), the heat/temperature one (is it both or which one. does fire manipulation included), and the energy projection one?

finally lou what about the last two ones (i was curious about them if they are resistances and if so which ones. The scp-166 and scp-407 ones)

Just ice

Aren’t they one power now and no to fire manipulation

okay what about energy projection thing?

At T+84 hours, the laser was used again in an attempt to cut SCP-682-A and -B into more manageable pieces, leading to minor structural damage to the room as the laser beam reflected off their skin.

(does this also count as a sort of attack reflection, since it literally reflected the laser beam)

also does the 166 and 407 thing include any resistances?

No it used a mirror to reflect a lazer
okay what about energy projection thing?

At T+84 hours, the laser was used again in an attempt to cut SCP-682-A and -B into more manageable pieces, leading to minor structural damage to the room as the laser beam reflected off their skin.

(does this also count as a sort of attack reflection, since it literally reflected the laser beam)

also does the 166 and 407 thing include any resistances?
Unconventional biological manipulation resistance with adaption.

do you agree with anything here somebody?
Regarding that, I haven't visited the SCP web for a long time, but for some reason
I'm a little provoked to return to the SCP verse fandom

And for my opinion, to be honest... I'm still busy right now

so I will give my opinion tomorrow if I have time

Sorry

also because 682 fought 106 would he be resistant to his powers too? (should we add those too?)

Items: SCP-106 and SCP-953

Note: The following incident occurred during a dual containment breach of SCP-106 and SCP-953

Termination Log: SCP-106 and SCP-953 both break into 682’s containment. There is no indication either item did this deliberately. Once the three items became aware of the others’ presence, all ceased movements and regarded each other with visible hostility, resulting a stalemate. 106 broke this stalemate by lowering itself through the floor them attempting to apprehend 953, who responded by latching itself on 682. All three items were presumably transported to 106’s pocket dimension. After a period of five hours, all three items manifested back in 682’s containment chamber, bearing heavy wounds from prolonged combat. 106 was the first to leave the area, returning to its containment cell. MTF teams deployed in preparation for the return of the items were able to apprehend 953. 682 had its body mass reduced by 67%, but has since recovered.

Note: I’m amazed all three are still alive, baring 682. 953 won’t talk about what happened and neither will 682. I can only assume it was brutal, judging from their injuries. Measures are being taken to ensure this never happens again, but we got really lucky. If 106 hadn’t taken the other two into the pocket dimension, this could have resulted in hundreds of causalities. - O5-6
too vague to assume resistance. They fought, then came back out. No description of the fight is given to detail what occured.

Yeah put this under abilities under adaptation. This should be fine.

Resistance to Temperature Manipulation for the most part.

That would still be temperature manip.

can i add the temperature manipulation resistance now?

though if i do that. can you tell me how to put a link to the tests because if you use the page on which the tests came from, they don't specifically choose which part of the page the test came from.

Back