• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible OPM Revisions

Nonavilaible said:
Guys, Saitama training means absolutely nothing. It's still the 100 pushups/situps/squats + 10k run that Olympic athletes would scoff at. There is no evidence of any mathematical relationship between his training and his strength (since any real athlete could do it).
but that's the joke with Saitama. He shouldnt be as strong as he is just by doing that, but here he is.

Spartan1204 said:
Oh and another thing, Murata confirmed that Saitama still trains every day.
Saitama training means absolutely nothing. It's still the 100 pushups/situps/squats + 10k run that Olympic athletes would scoff at. There is no evidence of any mathematical relationship between his training and his strength (since any real athlete could do it).

Spartan1204 said:
ONE spent hours on this script, it would silly for him to show these match ups and then say "lol that's not what would happen". The virtual reality takes data directly from the user and from the data collected about the monaters. Kuseno is a much more reliable source than Saitama. Like King said to Genos in the chapter 84, you shouldn't use Saitama as a reference. He sees this as no more than a game because he's become so disconnected, when clearly it's more advanced than a game.
So, you're claiming Dr. Kuseno's simulator has no limits to it's simulations? So it's confirmed the program is accurate in it's measurements planet level and above? Where'd you get that info?

i don't think saitama gets stronger every day. i think ONE was making a joke about how logically if saitama was to face off against himself, he wouldn't be able to one shot like he normally does, and may have trouble. but he still one shot anyway because thats the joke. yet genos didn't understand this and took it as "sensei became even stronger than he was yesterday". now i may be wrong and saitama might actually have the ability to get stronger everyday, but well... who knows.

Misterheightman said:
i don't think saitama gets stronger every day. i think ONE was making a joke about how logically if saitama was to face off against himself, he wouldn't be able to one shot like he normally does, and may have trouble. but he still one shot anyway because thats the joke. yet genos didn't understand this and took it as "sensei became even stronger than he was yesterday". now i may be wrong and saitama might actually have the ability to get stronger everyday, but well... who knows.
Saitama still works out everyday.

Quangotjokes said:
but that's the joke with Saitama. He shouldnt be as strong as he is just by doing that, but here he is.
I know, but there are plenty of people still holding onto the idea that Saitama's strength must be directly dependent on his training, rather it being a joke. That's why now some say he has exponential growth, because they're still tryin to cram him into a math equation. Sure, I get it, that's the point of this wiki, but it can be taken too far.

@Nonavilaible I'm saying the match ups except the Saitama vs Saitama match up should be accurate. The simulation like Child Emperor's analysis device will measure things accurately except for Saitama. Saitama should almost always be treated as an outlier in the series.

Ryukama said:
Alright. So what do you think about base Metal Bat's AP?
I'm fine with your AP suggestion, though I still think there should be a distinction between Metal Bat with and without fighting spirit. This audio book emphasizes that as well.

@Quan

CK and gouketsu are both so far above genos that they can both one shot genos. But genos did say that gouketsu was the strongest opponent he ever faced. Which means gouketsu is likely stronger than CK

Spartan1204 said:
@Nonavilaible I'm saying the match ups except the Saitama vs Saitama match up should be accurate. The simulation like Child Emperor's analysis device will measure things accurately except for Saitama. Saitama should almost always be treated as an outlier in the series.
Sorry, I misunderstood and thought you were also claiming it proves Saitama has exponential strength growth. All the non-Saitama simulations make sense: Genos getting twoshotted, Metal Bat (no FS) losing quickly, Darkshine beating Kabuto with difficulty, etc. make sense. Just like Child Emperor's device, which is technically accurate, but only in a small range and with various other limitations.

Please stop repeatedly quoting posts. It spams the page and makes it harder to follow.

Also, please try to stick to the main topic of discussion.

@Quangotjokes

Doesn't matter if he does or doesn't. There's nothing to suggest that simulation, which had previously only measured mountain level forces, could measure planetary forces or much, much, more, as I'm about to explain. Or that Saitama has exponential growth directly related to his training. It only works as circular reasoning.

You asked what evidence there is against it being accurate, or Saitama not having exponential growth, and you'd be right. The answer: Saitama oneshot virtual Saitama from yesterday. Why does this make no sense. Even if you assume that Saitama has hax exponential growth, remember, he gained planetary power from fighting mountain busters at best. That's a huge leap. Huger even, is the leap he'd gain from fighting Boros. What kind of crazy exponential powerup would that be? Starbuster? And he currently oneshots himself just a normal day later from the first test, and, again, the best he could have fought in between is a mountain buster. No way Kuseno's simulation can measure star+ forces.

So what's more likely: Saitama can oneshot his past self a day later indefinitely, has exponentially grown to at least star level, and that Kuseno's device designed for <planet level fighters can measure star+ forces; OR the device can't measure minimum planet level Saitama because he's too powerful. Take your pick.

Trust me, I'm not lowballing him. He could be planet level, he could be starbuster, he could even have unlimited exponential growth for all we know. But it doesn't make sense that Kuseno's device could measure power levels that high. Would it work on solar system level strength? Galaxy level strength? Universe level strength? There's no logical place to draw the line. Of course planet/star level is much more reasonable, but we just have no data on Kuseno's accuracy. The other hero/monster data is acceptable because it correlates to the feats already shown in series.

Sure, Saitama could possibly have exponential growth, but there's no solid proof.

I dont see why it wouldnt make sense. Seems you dont want it to make sense. It measured Saitama. Not that hard to get.

It doesn't make sense because we know nothing about the machines limits. How do you know it measured Saitama accurately? There is no evidence other than it measured other weaker people pretty accurately. Computers don't have infinite processing power or information storage. That's why Child Emperor's (who is probably much smarter than Kuseno, the kid doesn't even specialize in weaponry, yet he oneshot a Demon threat in the webcomic) scouter device broke when it measured Saitama.

Again, maybe Saitama's an omniverse buster. Maybe he has exponentially expontial growth. Hey, maybe he's so exponential he'll start rising up dimensionally. But we just don't know that based on a limited simulation which has no verified accuracy at planet level and above.

Ignoring the Saitama stuff, if there's no disagreements about the other revisions I will start revising the pages.

anyways, i dont think saitama would even change from this new info. still confused as to how the other characters tiers will be handled. if metal bat loses to a 7-A character in 3 min, does that really warrant an upgrade?

So, is there anything left to discuss here, or should we close this thread?

Okay. What were the conclusions regarding what needs to be changed?

Summary of the changes

Carnage Kabuto Base and Carnage Mode are upgraded to At least 7-A.

Carnage Kabuto's Striking Strength and Attack Potency is upgraded to Mountain Level/Class for both Base and Carnage Mode

Carnage Kabuto's Carnage Mode Durability is upgraded to Mountain Level.

Zombieman gets moved to a solid High Mid Regen, Possibly Low High

Metal Bat Regular Durability is upgraded to Mountain level

I don't know if anything should be adjusted with Genos.

Why is Kabuto's base 7-A? Aren't his feats of wrecking Genos, beating Metal Bat and fighting Zombieman in his carnage mode?

Agree with everything else.

Back