• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible New Tier Addition: "High 2-B"

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the title says, and im posting it here in the staff forum for self-explanatory reasons. This thread involving DBH made me and a few others think of a new tier to add to the tiering system, and one that I think is very viable to add. High 2-B.

What would High 2-B cover? Simply put, High 2-B being added would be for the verses that have a "constantly-increasing" Multiverse as part of their cosmology. "Endless", "Infinitely-branching", "Innumerable", "Ad-Infinitum", terms like these that can be used to describe it. A Multiverse that doesn't have a specific finite number of universes/timelines/space-time continuums to it's name, as it's constantly increasing in number, but is also not infinite since it's still finite in scope and won't reach infinite by increasing the number.

Now sure, at the moment, our ordinary 2-B tier basically covers this on some scale by specifying it's "extremely high into 2-B", but I propose that a "High 2-B" tier would help to be more organized when looking at this. Baseline 2-B starts when a verse's multiverse reaches 1001 universes, or more, as specified by "countless". However, a Multiverse that's infinitely increasing in the finite number of worlds really shouldn't fall in the same boat as the former, as there is a difference between a Multiverse with an explicit number of worlds and a Multiverse that has an unspecified number for always increasing it, thus making the latter a highly unspecified level of 2-B that should have it's own tier to organize it better.

What does everyone else think? Unnecessary? Or better to have?

I feel like this is unnecessary as most 2-B characters on the wiki are massively above baseline anyway. The weakest 2-B character on the wiki is rated that way based on a millions of universes statement. I'm well aware of several verses that would pretty much fall into this tier, but I'd prefer to stick to just considering those verses massively above baseline 2-B.

Well?purely for the sake of vs battling, this tier is more likely to limit stomp matches, sense due to it's nature things with it should on average have comparable AP, so purely on that front it makes sense. of course that same logic applied to high 3-A, ~~unless they readded that well I wasn't looking~~

I agree because Anos and Yogiri will become High 2-B, which means that Rimuru will have less enemies in the top 5 non smurf 2-B

I’m neutral,this new idea is interesting however I don’t think many verses in this site can qualify it,maybe just 4 or 5 verses can

I do think it's better to have, No real need to add a new number so no changing 10,000 pages just identifying and upgrading the maybe 40 or so that apply, of course my mark could be way off, I only know of the dragon ball, ben 10 and Mario pages that came up during the orginal discussion for this, there could be far more, and those an unexpected higher workload

Okay, but what would the actual tier be named though? Neutral on this btw. I could think about a handful of profiles this could maybe apply to.

Okay, but what would the actual tier be named though? Neutral on this btw. I could think about a handful of profiles this could maybe apply to.
2-B+ I suppose, Outerversal+ doesn't have a whole new name, the "+" can denote the "always increasing but not infinite" for this proposed tier.

The tier system doesn't even need to be touched, this could simply be an agreed upon colloquialism for versus matchups on the wiki.

This same logic can be applied to 1B Hyperversal too, hell even for IA and HIA and above for infinitely transcending hierarcies.
What about them??

I think 2B+, IB+ capture the ad infinitum phenomenon succinctly.

This same logic can be applied to 1B Hyperversal too, hell even for IA and HIA and above for infinitely transcending hierarcies.
What about them??

I think 2B+, IB+ capture the ad infinitum phenomenon succinctly.
Well, it dosen't happen enough to warrant 1-B+ rating, of course I'm not very fluent in such examples, I'd say the same for a theoretical 1-A+ but there aren't a ton 1-A period

High 2-B being added would be for the verses that have a "constantly-increasing" Multiverse as part of their cosmology. "Endless", "Infinitely-branching", "Innumerable", "Ad-Infinitum", terms like these that can be used to describe it.
I don't think innumerable is larger than normal 2-B

i mean with the amount of 2-B smurf/non smurf characters and their increasing number with vsthreads it is obviously gonna be popular.

2-B+ I suppose,
I don't know
From a naming standpoint it sounds kinda weird and from a context standpoint kinda lacking

Naming Standpoint wise i'd say High 2B cause that would be a more suitable correlation to High Multiversal
Just like how 3A is Finite Universal and High 3A is Infinite size Universal (High Universal)

And Just like how you have 3C which is Galaxy and 3C+ which Galaxy+
If you called it 2B+ then that would essentially be saying Multiversal+ which wouldn't work for obvious reasons

In summary, 2B+ can't be called multiverse+ and calling it High Multiversal sounds kinda off-putting

As for Context standpoint wise

Transfinite numbers are numbers that are "infinite" in the sense that they are larger than all finite numbers, yet not necessarily absolutely infinite.
Going beyond or surpassing any finite number, group, or magnitude.
Being or relating to the cardinal and ordinal numbers of infinite sets.

By definition alone, transfinite is made very clear to be something Beyond or Surpassing Finite Numbers and being akin to relating to Numbers of Infinite Sets. Just as Infinite has no numerical value because it essentially goes beyond numbers so does endless/countless because there's no numerical number or factor or equation or estimation that exist that possibly be used to comprehend.

To put it simply, endless is in a different league so naturally being i an entirely different tier isn't that much of a stretch and fair treatment

If you wan to look at naming conventions,

High Uni is infinitely>uni
high 2-A was uncountably infinitely>2-A
high 1-B is infinite layers above 1-B
High outer is inaccessible to an outer+ structure

I think "High 2-B" makes the least sense of all.

Ok..
Why not just Low 2A then
Both Transfinite and Infinite are both terms with very similar definitions and both can't be measured and exist in a state of Unquantifiability
Both also go beyond Finite Numbers

Btw i see your point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back