• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible New Ability

DemonGodMitchAubin

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
I just thought of this on the fly and I have no idea if it'll be accepted, but I thought of a new ability idea

How about adding an ability for people who have the power to change the time of day that's unrelated to Time Manipulation or rotating the planet? I've seen several cases like in series where people are able to seemingly make the sky appear to be Nighttime or Daytime even without it actually being that time of day. They just create a night sky and have it be a passive effect of their abilities. I have no idea if this would just fall under minor Reality Warping or Illusions, but I've seen it more than once, so I was curious if it warranted it's own ability.

It could be something like Night Manipulation, Sky Manipulation, or something else, I don't really have a great name for it

If it doesn't warrant an ability, that's fine, just got curious for this kind of thing

Isn't the more common name for it Circadian Manipulation? Regardless, I'm not totally opposed to it, it could work. Only concern is that it might be a little too niche.

Sky manip is a no no in terms of name. And I don't think this fits under reality warping.

In any case, do you have any examples of this ability? Something that neither uses time manip, grav or spatial manip?

Sky manip is a no no in terms of name. And I don't think this fits under reality warping.

In any case, do you have any examples of this ability? Something that neither uses time manip, grav or spatial manip?
Fairy Tail and Seven Deadly Sins do it and it's not based on changing time of day, gravity powers, or explicit spatial hax
kgqzuHj.jpg

XvNiGCl.jpg

5rhSuhK.jpg

Fairy Tail and Seven Deadly Sins do it and it's not based on changing time of day, gravity powers, or explicit spatial hax
kgqzuHj.jpg

XvNiGCl.jpg

5rhSuhK.jpg
I mean Selene and Jellal example do use power.

Selene have Dimensional and Spatial Magic.

Jellal have Heavenly Body Magic. (That involves the use of various astronomical objects, so this can truly be just a hole to use starlight)

Seven Deadly Sins example does work better, as it is just characters power and aura that bring the night with them. (Like : They are so strong the night is falling)

There's Ganondorf in Wind Waker, Morrigan from the Darkstalkers manga and maybe it can apply to those who force an eternal night upon the world.

Anyway, I don't know if it deserves its own page, but reality warping (minor or whatever) is the closest thing I think it can be related to.

I've a question though. At one point in Pink Panther the panther uses a remote which turns on/off day and night and it cartoonishly makes the sun fall down and be replaced with the moon and then the opposite. Would that fit or is that 4-C reality warping?

I like this, I can think of a few dudes who could use this, but at the same time, beyond those few dudes, I can't think of anything at all that would use this, so...?

If you can name them and how they do it could be helpful as the more characters are said (and if their powers work) then this ability could be added.

Yeah a lot of doctor slump characters can do this too.

But I am still iffy on the application of it.

Enies Lobby from One Piece. It floated above the water, and it was always day. Possibly from devil fruit awakenings, since there's 2 people who are surprisingly in the same job position and place that could be correlated to it, as they have light and gravity devil fruits.

Emm.... Moon Knight did that too

Anyways, I guess we should also think of a suitable name, at least if it's accepted so there's no need to think about the name.

And ofc, I agree.

Day ability
I do know someone that had such ability, and if is this were to be accepted, I will put such ability on the profile(not yet made)
although that being said, how does that work actually? Increase the rotation of earth or reflect the day between opposite side of Earth?

Depends, I mean, those with these feats, is it turning the weather into night by moving a celestial object?
Seems to be the main way, looks like it's rotating the earth without anybody knowing

Seems like a mixture of reality warping and manipulating the actual celestial bodies

It could also be someone block the light of the sun from reaching the surface via light manipulation or dark manipulation.

either way i feel like we need to make a difference.
1. making the night in a specific location
2. making the night by moving celestial bodies

Nah, if it's legit night time after that then it shouldn't be
If it's legit night time after that you have either
1. Manipulated time
2. rotated the planet
3. rotated the night sky
First is time manipulation, while the latter two are limited telekinesis.

Teletubbies power
there quite a lot who does it. It may just be an after effect due to certain type of hax though....

I probably don't have to mention cases where this is entirely unexplained like with Barney the Dinosaur
If it's entirely unexplained I would assume it's just a visual effect i.e. an illusion. Simply because that's the least significant epxlanation.
Or alternatively, I would list it just as "seemingly turns the sky to night" without linking anything. An ability for cases where we neither know what happened exactly or the mechanism of it would be kinda strange IMO.

Back