• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible MapleStory Speed Feats

Reppuzan

VS Battles
Retired
I'm not sure if anyone will care but after a fairly long conversation with ThePerpetual I've come to two possible speed feats for MapleStory, both involving the character Luminous.

First off, his version of teleportation is called "Light Speed" here in the West and was originally called "Light Transformation" upon its original release in Korea. As a result, this implies that Luminous is converting himself into light before reappearing somewhere else, and the reset of the Heroes are on par with them, implying lightspeed reactions. However, since teleportation is an iffy subject in regards to combat speed, I wanted some imput before I start changing anything.

The second feat involves his Morning Star skill which "drops a meteor" on to his opponents with his telekinesis. Since the game is incredibly vague about it (aside from the fact that it hits the Earth 210ms after the activation), I assumed he pulled it from somewhere up high since it doesn't mention "created" or "summoned". ThePerpetual helped me make a Low End and a High End.

Low End: The scientific definition of a meteor means that it fell from 80-120 km. I'm averaging this to 100 km.

100km * 1000 = 100000 m

100000m/ 0.21s = 476190.4762m/s = Mach 1,399.5

Massively Hypersonic+

High End: Assuming he pulled debris from orbit, the meteor fell from a height of 11500km.

11500000m/0.21s = 54761904.76m/s

54761904.76m/s /340.26 = Mach 160,941.4

Relativistic

So,

Low End: Massively Hypersonic+

High End: Relativistic

This would scale to practically every Top Tier character and maybe even some of the lower-characters.

Thoughts? (Credits to ThePerpetual for bringing this topic up to me and helping me formulate this)

Errrmmm...

That high end should be Mach 16094.14, 1/10th of what you have. So Sub-Relativistic. That value would seem perfectly acceptable to me, personally, though more input from others would be preferable.

Well... 11500 times 1000 = 11,500,000 m

11,500,000m /.21s = 54761904.76 m/s

54761904.76m/s / 340.26 = Mach 160941.353

I redid it and got the same result. Where did I screw up? (I know I'm bad at math).

Well, we'll see if anyone is interested (TheEverlasting was the only one to comment on my last MapleStory Scaling post but he gave me the thumbs up for my scaling reasoning)

So... if no one is going to answer I suppose I'll leave it at "At least Massively Hypersonic+, possibly Relativistic" until someone actually cares to put their two cents on it.

You will need to post this as a blog and have the calculation group look at it before inserting it into a profile.

Back