• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Ki Manipulation page? (Dragon Ball)

u can just add on to the description like "but unlike normal chi, dragon balls ki has a ton of ways" etc etc

Ki as described in the DB wiki
  • Ki is also known as "latent energy" or "fighting power," which directly translates as "life force." This force is a tangible energy inside every living being, with its major focus being in the center of the body.
Chi as described here on this wiki
  • Chi Manipulation is the power to manipulate the vital energy coursing within living organism and that constitutes health, also known as Qi, Ki, Youki, and other names.
As you can plainly see, the are functionally the same thing, and that's the problem with making a page for DB Ki, not how many uses it has.
Ki in db is also made from vigour, courage, and right mindedness

As you can plainly see, the are functionally the same thing, and that's the problem with making a page for DB Ki, not how many uses it has.
Dragon Ball has a lot of powers due Ki, sure, the description is similar, but a normal Chi Manipulation standars doesnt include all possibles hax that Ki in DB does

Ki sensing is like karate, most people with legs and arms can use it, but in order to use it you have to train for it
I guess we should get rid of martial art section because some legless armless can use it

Ki in DB has absorption, absorption negation, fusion, absorption nulification, energy nulification, Light Manipulation, telekinesis, piercing damage, reality warping, BFR, teleportation, absorptionsoul manipulation and others stuff
Also it has environmental damage [when they power up the shake the planet, create tsunamis, huge earthquakes, gigantic tornadoes and such]

explosion manipulation since they can control the potency of there explosions with there energy attacks
Yes yes! They need that! Ki also has mass, they can control and shape how it is, how strong, fast, huge, small the ki is, they can create localised explosions, giant explosions, barrage of explosives

There are literally people like Master Roshi, who have great mastery of Ki, but he still can’t fly. He doesn’t fly, because he chooses not to, but that doesn’t mean it should be automatically added as an ability he can use, because he still can’t and doesn’t use it

There are literally people like Master Roshi, who have great mastery of Ki, but he still can’t fly. He doesn’t fly, because he chooses not to, but that doesn’t mean it should be automatically added as an ability he can use, because he still can’t use it
if he chooses not to fly then he chooses not to fly. why does that exactly change anything?

I heard the only reason he doesn't want to become the one who invented it [tien'd master] is his rival

There are literally people like Master Roshi, who have great mastery of Ki, but he still can’t fly. He doesn’t fly, because he chooses not to, but that doesn’t mean it should be automatically added as an ability he can use, because he still can’t use it
That's for the DB supporter to decide. The point is: Should there be a Ki page or no

Well, since I'm being completely ignored here, I'll just just say this one more time, then leave y'all to your little circle jerk.

It's not about how many uses the power has, it's about the fact that Ki and Chi are the same power on the most basic level and making a separate page for DB Ki would basically be copy/pasting Chi and then adding a few extra bells and whistles.

Anyway, have fun trying to get Staff approval for the page.

Master Roshi can also seal people, but I don’t see many other people do that. He has sealing, doesn’t have flight, others don’t have sealing and can fly, others can’t do either, others can do both. See? There are many characters who are masters at using ki, but some still can’t use abilities others can. The amount of abilities you have doesn’t automatically mean mastery, it’s just that maybe they never thought of using it like that, or can’t figure out how to. Like Krillin has Light Manipulation, via the Solar Flare, and isn’t an attack with blunt force, like other ki blasts that have light, but aren’t used for the sole purpose of being blindingly bright

Come on man, just say do you want a page or no. If no then say no. No need to say more.

Im neutral on this one btw
Okay, so I’m not allowed to give reasoning, and can’t try to persuade people, and tell them why I believe something shouldn’t go through? This is literally a debating site, this what we’re supposed to do, not just mindlessly state something

We already have a page for Chi Manipulation and Ki is the same thing. Also, Dragon Ball being Iconic or having some degrees of unique functions would only open doors for a bunch of other verses that also use Chi Manipulation to have profiles. And we really do not need to be making many different versions of Ki Manipulation page for each and every verse that uses it.

Flight is something you need to learn, just like ki you need to learn it, roshi didn't learn flights because the one who in invented it was his rival. It's something within the possibilities, we are creating this page because chi doesn't allow you to blind with people , merge, suppress other chi attacks, cause environmental damage, create holes in space, create a which granting lizard, seal people , destroy people with high mid [or mid high?] Regeneration if you are stronger than them, use telekinesis etc....
we are creating this page in order to tackle all of the things that are possible with ki and not with chi, they work fundamentally different to a hilarious degree.
Master roshi not flying isn't an anti feat for ki at all, the only people that use ki and don't flight are Master roshi and videl [I think]
That would be like saying "we don't need chakra page because naruto can't use shadow based jutsu" [tho I do know if hakai has page, if it doesn't , it needs to be tbh]

To be honest, while Ki in Dragon Ball is based on Chi, they have wider range of usage, and it is universal enegy system, so saying thing like Roshi can't flight or Videl can't project ki blast is a poor example, it is like claiming on Beerus can Hakai because he perform the feat while other GoDs can't Hakai cause they don't show using it despite using the same type of energy. Also with the establishment of God Ki in DBS especially Destruction Energy of GoD, and also its power established in Game verse, also the new Dark Ki and Evil Ki i think we should have a page dedicated to Dragon Ball Ki

Okay, so I’m not allowed to give reasoning, and can’t try to persuade people, and tell them why I believe something shouldn’t go through? This is literally a debating site, this what we’re supposed to do, not just mindlessly state something
I concede, but we could keep it civil.

We already have a page for Chi Manipulation and Ki is the same thing. Also, Dragon Ball being Iconic or having some degrees of unique functions would only open doors for a bunch of other verses that also use Chi Manipulation to have profiles. And we really do not need to be making many different versions of Ki Manipulation page for each and every verse that uses it.
"Have some degree of uniqueness to it"
Ki in dbz can create multi galaxy sized lizard that can create an entire universe, can rip holes in space-time, erase object, souls and much more [I know it's god ki but it's still ki] use telekinesis, fuse yourself or defuse others, environmental damage, create flashes of light, create beams with mass that can bypass some sorts of dura with just power alone, create localised explosions, gather energy from every source of ki to create a bomb that only worked twice.
Plus god ki, evil ki, demon ki, normal ki, spirit [that yardat people use which is just ki with a different name]

Ki in dragon ball is different than chi
ki in dbz is your life energy, and your fighting spirit yes, it's also made from vigour , courage and right mindedness, there is spirit which is ki but has different uses such as size changing forced spirit fission, instant transmission etc..
Normal ki
Evil ki
Demon god energy or demon ki [tho I need correction]
God ki/energy of Destruction

other verse specific ability pages have those pages in the first place, because when you have that one ability, you automatically have multiple abilities. Like I could literally create a page for Spiral Power, since having that power automatically gives you abilities like Reactive Evolution, Empowerment. That’s something literally all the Spiral Beings have, whether they mastered it, or can’t even use it at all. Having ki doesn’t automatically give you abilities such as flight, energy projection or anything the like

It just means we can add those other abilities to the Dragon Ball profiles, we do not need to make a Dragon Ball version of Ki Manipulation just to say he has Ki Manipulation + a bunch of other abilities rather than just listing the abilities they have on the profiles.

Even if we disagree Ki page for DB/Z/S, the game verse still have enough reason for a Ki page of their own, Ki in game verse have a long list of abilities and resistance, and with the ever growing list of DBH/XV abilities, listing all of them just make the process of applying new revision longer and waste more energy, and the profile look more of a mess

Back