• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Ki Manipulation page? (Dragon Ball)

I've been doing a little thinking and I think a dragon ball specific page for ki users might be a good idea since it has a crap ton of uses like I mean a lot of uses. and pretty much every character in the series uses it

I didn't make the page I just want to hear others opinions since this a pretty big decision

agreed: 7

disagree: 5

neutral: 2

Last edited:
I've been doing a little thinking and I think a dragon ball specific page for ki users might be a good idea since it has a crap ton of uses like I mean a lot of uses. and pretty much every character in the series uses it

I didn't make the page I just want to hear others opinions since this a pretty big decision
I agree with this, Ki Manipulation actually has a lot of stuff in DB, it does deserve a page

Does have to be called “Ki Manipulation”?

Why not “Ki (Dragon Ball)”?

Ki Manipulation sounds like a general powers and abilities page than a specific verse.

Does have to be called “Ki Manipulation”?

Why not “Ki (Dragon Ball)”?

Ki Manipulation sounds like a general powers and abilities page than a specific verse.
well i didnt think of a name so i just put that, i was thinking "ki manipulation (dragon ball)" or sum

the only possible problem for me is that I feel like most of the uses for ki are just techniques that a specific person or group of people can use and not everyone who can use ki, and a ki manipulation page would only cover everything that all ki users can do
hell even just flight (air dance) was considered a special technique in the OG dragon ball and only the very most powerful characters could use it, and videl can use ki for flying but she can't use ki projectiles

Last edited:
What it's used for isn't the point. What matters is it's description, and DB Ki is basically the same force as what we classify as Chi on the site already.

Can’t Dragon Ball’s Ki capable of reality warping from the Ki Dragon from the Dragon Balls? Or am I mistaken?

the only possible problem for me is that I feel like most of the uses for ki are just techniques that a specific person or group of people can use and not everyone who can use ki, and a ki manipulation page would only cover everything that all ki users can do
hell even just flight (air dance) was considered a special technique in the OG dragon ball, and only like goku, piccolo junior, krillin, chaozu and tenshinhan could use it iirc, and videl can use ki for flying but she can't use ki projectiles
I agree with this. If ki is an ability that if you have it, you automatically have hella abilities with it, it deserves its own page. But it’s said, the possible uses of ki aren’t used by everyone. Most characters in early Dragon Ball can project energy, but can’t fly, and we have cases like Videl, who CAN fly, but she can’t project that energy offensively. Vegeta can also use ki, but when he was first introduced, he never had extra sensory perception

Can’t Dragon Ball’s Ki capable of reality warping from the Ki Dragon from the Dragon Balls? Or am I mistaken?
Technically it can create beings that can warp reality , it can also used to preferm vice shout [a shout that breaks down space and creates dimensional walls]

Ki in DB has absorption, absorption negation, fusion, absorption nulification, energy nulification, Light Manipulation, telekinesis, piercing damage, reality warping, BFR, teleportation, absorptionsoul manipulation and others stuff

I still disagree with the page’s creation. All of the DB characters have Ki, but some can’t use it in ways others can, and a small percentage just can’t use it at all

i mean, u can just specicify who has it and who doesn't, like in the chaos energy page, not everyone can use type 2 conceptual manip but they still can use chaos energy

Everyone has ki, it's a martial art technique [I know, dbz ****** it up]
Everyone can use it with the right training, ki sensing isn't common but it falls under it, you can sense evil intent, beings across the universe and dimensions, jowbstromg your opponents, and it make your eye sight much better and it's like a pseudo 6 sense

i mean, u can just specicify who has it and who doesn't, like in the chaos energy page, not everyone can use type 2 conceptual manip but they still can use chaos energy
This would be a bad idea. This idea is to add the ability to all the DB characters’ pages, but we have to state what they can’t use. That’s kind of a waste of space

This would be a bad idea. This idea is to add the ability to all the DB characters’ pages, but we have to state what they can’t use. That’s kind of a waste of space
Everyone in the main cats can use ki, everyone has ki, in order to use it you have to train, just like chakra or nen or something
You have It. It exists. You need to work hard or toriyama's blessing to have it

Ki as described in the DB wiki
  • Ki is also known as "latent energy" or "fighting power," which directly translates as "life force." This force is a tangible energy inside every living being, with its major focus being in the center of the body.
Chi as described here on this wiki
  • Chi Manipulation is the power to manipulate the vital energy coursing within living organism and that constitutes health, also known as Qi, Ki, Youki, and other names.
As you can plainly see, the are functionally the same thing, and that's the problem with making a page for DB Ki, not how many uses it has.

Back