• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Hollow Knight Upgrades - A small respect thread I made [SPOILERS!]

EliminatorVenom

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Hey guys. So, I made a Hollow Knight respect thread a long while ago. Everything in portuguese, of course, but since it was small I decided I'd share this and see if you guys got interested or if there's anything new. Just a warning, the last links (I will make them apart from the normal ones, don't worry) are from wikia pages, and I wouldn't consider it concluded. I didn't revise every single piece of dialogue in the game, I still haven't bought the Hollow Knight book (the wanderer's journal, it looks really cool though) and I haven't took screenshots of the Quinn comic yet. Still, there is plenty of interesting stuff.

So, firstly I will post all the feats, and then I'll comment what I think of them, but of course, that is just my opinion. I know that the idea of the bugs being people-sized isn't the accepted one in this wiki, so my apologies if I refer to things in the RT as being average or building-sized. Just think that it is in context. Also, many of these are known, but maybe there are some blanks to fill in. Particularly in speed.

Feats
Wikia Feats
All credits due to Hollow Knight wikia, I'm only linking this because of the dialogue within.
My Thoughts:
Sorry about the wall of text, but oh well. In my opinion? Well, since people disagree with me that they should have average size, my other suggestions would be to analyse the feats. I really think a speed upgrade is warranted. There are some stuff that I didn't put in (Hornet being stated of being able to throw her needle through several yards, which should be quickly, ingame she always does so quickly and the mental image is really weird; also the Mothwing Cloak making the Knight blur when dashing), and there is certainly much more to be found, and there is a lot here that is irrelevant, but I wanted to put all of it. I hope this is useful and that you guys like it. It was a bit tiring translating everything from portuguese to english.

It's a lot to go over, but the feats about 10-C should have some calculations made, posted in blogs, and evaluated by calc group members.

Indeed, there is a lot to go through. I'm willing to help in what I can, although I'm only useful for lore things.

I can sum up the greatest feats, if that helps. I included many feats that would be considered secondary or unnecessary.

Also interesting enough about the Void Heart, it makes the Shade, The Siblings and The Void Tendrils Passive and it makes them die from one bit.

It has to count for something right?

I don't know. There can have a number of reasons, ranging from them being alive and "recognizing" you to having some kind of... "empathy" with the void? I wouldn't call it "resistance", you can still get hurt if you directly contact it, but I dunno.

Nah, once you get the Void Heart none of them do damage if you touch them (The Siblings even retreat back to their grave if you come close to them)

The only time something like that still happens is when you fight the Radiance and even then you only lose one mask of health.

I get the feeling it's only because of Game Mechanics that even happens, it logically shouldn't hurt at all.

I don't think it's really Void Manip Negation or something, probably just the void recognizing you as an ally and not attacking.

Either way, here're my 2 cents about the feats:

Also, if it is accepted that we should scale size off Marmu, well then every feat gets a bit stronger since the Knight's bigger this way.

Yeah, I do agree that many of those are either too small, unquantifiable and/or more interesting than actually useful. I also agree with most, if not all, of your commentaries. The Hornet bit I actually thought of adding that she is probably an exception, but the text would get even more bloated.

The fun thing is that there is still a lot to uncover from more dialogues, the comic (which I've read - nothing very special, but it does add some more credibility to Hornet's speed and Quirrel's power and skill, with she actually considering him somewhat equal) and the wanderer's journal. Considering how good the lore of HK is, I'd love to research more.

BTW In know this is an upgrade thread, but I feel Resurrection should be removed from The Knight's profile due to being sorta contradicted by the lore.

I am hesitant to. I don't remember the details, but I do know that the Shades the Knight leaves behind are actual, canon things. The entire Jinn bit reinforces this.

The shade is canon, even in Steel Soul Mode ("May your Shade at last find rest"), the thing is that The Knight can't actually revive and go recover it's Shade, once they die, that's that he just became a sibling.

Bump

Also The Knight, The Hollow Knight and all the vessels should have Immortality Type 1 and Self-sustance (Type 2 and 3 and maybe 1) since they were made to contain the infection for all eternity so they would have to be immortal for that and not require to sleep or eat.

That and if IIRC all the vessels were born a long time ago, Elderbug was born after the Hallowest went to hell and that's after the Pure Vessel grew up all the way and was then sealed. So that is more proof that they're immortal.

Bump

Also The Knight, The Hollow Knight and all the vessels should have Immortality Type 1 and Self-sustance (Type 2 and 3 and maybe 1) since they were made to contain the infection for all eternity so they would have to be immortal for that and not require to sleep or eat.

That and if IIRC all the vessels were born a long time ago, Elderbug was born after the Hallowest went to hell and that's after the Pure Vessel grew up all the way and was then sealed. So that is more proof that they're immortal.
This would also mean Hornet gets either Immortality Type 1 or Longevity since she was born before The Hollow Knight was sealed So fear not, your waifu is legal

Oh yeah, the Knight and such entities should be immortal, for sure. They aren't even exactly biological, if I'm not mistaken.

They also don't need to eat, drink, breathe (can't they even breathe if they have no nose or mouth?) Or sleep, since they need to contain the radiance for all eternity and I doubt they would get food or water inside the black egg, or need to sleep and potentially get possessed by the radiance, The Knight doesn't eat, drink, rest or sleep in their journey aside from the benches but you can potentially do it without them ever resting for long.

So Self sustance

I'm not sure about breathing- considering the Radiance leaked out, the HK's prison wasn't quite air-tight. Then again who knows how long it lasted. Food makes perfect sense. As for sleep, well The Knight falls asleep when entering a dream, and we don't really have a way of knowing how awake the HK is in his state

That said the Knight never needing any rest wouldn't be enough by itself, I mean considering the hot springs and the benches it already rests more than 70% of videogame characters

Oh yeah, the Knight definetly sleeps. It can be argued if they actually need sleep, but it is actively shown that they can, they even gets sleepy-eyed on the bench, and I do think they need to rest, at least in the sense that it allows for their wounds to recuperate. Perhaps they don't need to rest in itself, but rather to do something to heal themselves and their body, which rest can do but they have other ways of achieving (Like FOCUSing). I don't think they need to breathe too. Again, no evidence, but that doesn't seem biologically likely.

Also, as a sidenote and without any form of solid evidence or anything, I believe the Hollow Knight is conscious and suffering horribly from their condition. They don't seem too happy when stabbing themselves in their bossfight, and the way they act in the fight when compared to them as the Pure Vessel... They just seem controlled and pushed around by the Infection rather than using their actuall skills and capabilities.

I meant more like they don't actually need to sleep, they can but don't need to, obviously they need to heal but it's not the same as stamina.

Plus I don't think they can even breath without mouth or nose

Actually, would the bosses of this game get limited paralysis inducement from screaming? Incredibly minor and unimportant addition, it just came to my mind.

Yeah, to me it just looks like that the screams are powerful enough to maybe exert some physical force, like pushing stuff, and the Knight just waits a bit, waiting for them to actually do something to attack.

Although, I think we could add that to the Hollow Knight. It is mentioned by Elderbug that his screams are incredibly loud and managed to stun him.

I mean, if the shouts are that strong Minor Sound Manipulation should work.

Yeah. Right at the beginning of the game, Elderbug says he was stunned by the HK's roar, and once the three Dreamers awoke, the Hollow Knight pretty much shook the entire Forgotten Crossroads by screaming.

No i mean, for everyone, if they're screaming loudly enough to faze something that's basically a bug-sized, adorable terminator, I think that's noteworthy, if fairly useless in battles

so shouldnt people that use essence have sealing, scaling off the dreamer and grimm who each use essence to seal stuff, and specifically essence cause the stuff that you can see on the seals themselves look like essence and there should be no reason that other essence users such as moth priest and radiance should not have it

No i mean, for everyone, if they're screaming loudly enough to faze something that's basically a bug-sized, adorable terminator, I think that's noteworthy, if fairly useless in battles
Oooh. Makes sense for me.

so shouldnt people that use essence have sealing, scaling off the dreamer and grimm who each use essence to seal stuff, and specifically essence cause the stuff that you can see on the seals themselves look like essence and there should be no reason that other essence users such as moth priest and radiance should not have it
I'm unsure. I feel like it should be a learned ability, but even so, the Moth Priest and Radiance do seem they should have such knowledge.

Back