• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Ghost Rider (MCU) downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I just rewatched the episodes and the more I saw and read, the more I think that Ghost riders AP and Durability are innacurate.

First Durability: Eli Morrow and Ghost Rider are both listed as Mountain level+, for taking an explosion caused by Eli. The only problem is, that there was no explosion. I looked up both profiles at the MCU wiki but still couldnt find that feat. It just doesnt exist. So, they are probably glass canons, right ?

As far as I understood and after rewatching the episodes, it seems that Eli created a giant quantum batterie and in that batterie a "demon core", basically a bomb made out of plutonium. It just didnt explode.

AP: Eli is listed as 7-A for creating this bomb, that can destroy half of LA (Found no source for that). His AP his fine, because he can create something with that potency. Ghost rider on the other hand is listed as 7-A for killing Eli, who can create a bomb. That doesnt seems fine to me, since Eli seems to be a glass canon.

Here is the clip of the end fight. At the end Eli and Ghost rider are both dragged into another dimension with the bomb. Their fate is unknown.

Correct me if I am wrong.

I will temporarily highlight this for more input.

I'm pretty sure Ghost Rider is listed as 7-A because he killed Eli who can tank that explosion.

Perhaps someone can link the feat in question, specifically the explosion that the OP couldn't find.

Gemmysaur said:
Perhaps someone can link the feat in question, specifically the explosion that the OP couldn't find.

There is no feat. I rewatched all the episodes in which Eli appeared (Let Me Stand Next to Your Fire, Lockup, The Good Samaritan, Deals With Our Devils, The Laws of Inferno Dynamics).

I see. We're gonna have to retrace the past GR threads to find whoever proposed this nonexistent feat then. In the meantime, can you propose another feat for Ghost Rider to base his stats upon?

Yes. Both profiles, and any other MCU characters scaled from them, may have to be adjusted to Unknown ratings then.

Looking at GR's history, these are his stats.

Attack Potency: Room level (Easily overpowered Daisy) | Possibly Building level (Stronger than Daisy) | Unknown (Killed Eli Morrow)

Speed: Peak Human | Supersonic attack speed (Can keep up with Daisy)

Lifting Strength: Unknow

Striking Strength:
Class MJ (Easily overpowered Daisy, as a Human) | Class PJ+

Durability:
Room level | Building level (Tanked Daisy's shockwaves, and survived a small building explosion, without a scratch on him.) | Unknow

The feat came here first into existence. AppleLord posted this: "Ghost Rider: Tanked the bomb (Carbon Nuke) along with his Uncle Eli Morrow, before been teleported to another dimension. (The bomb was said to be able to destroy half of Los Angeles, by S.H.I.E.L.D. Intel.)"

I do not think thst he visits this wiki anymore.

I actually watched both Ghost Rider movies (Much to my dismay on the second one) and I don't recall any mountain level feat myself. I believe the best feats he had was surviving getting smashed by a truck, being able to tow a helicopter, and turning a crane into a chainsaw.

@Dino Ranger Black We are talking about the version of Ghost Rider in the Agents of Shield TV series.

He survived the nuclear explosion, yes. The bomb detonated with them on another dimension.

If GR survived due to durability or due to resurrection, it's unknown.

Ghost Rider obviously did, but the feat isn't nearly as clear as the profiles imply. Also creating a bomb would be 7-A through Prep Time.

We dont know if they survived or the bomb even exploded, since they both just disappeared into the Multiverse and that was there last appearence in the show yet.

@Matthew So what statistics changes do you propose?

"With Morrow trapped and the Chinatown Crew defeated, Coulson tried to pull Ghost Rider to safety with the Hellfire Chain, however Ghost Rider so noticed that Morrow had managed to break himself free and was trying to escape. Dropping the chain, Ghost Rider grabbed a hold of Morrow and set his entire body on fire, causing Morrow to scream in agony as he painfully burned to death."

I dint think so

Even if ghost rider somehow survived the bomb (what we dont know), he wouldnt get Mountain AP, because he already killed Eli with fire.

The wiki can be innacurate.

@Antvasima

Give "7-A through Prep Time" For Eli.

Ghost Rider can be scaled from Eli's High 8-C feat, with the megawatts. For his durability, you can put "At least High 8-C , possibly far higher (Seemingly survived the detonation of Eli Morrow's plutonnium bomb, although it is unclear so far)

Ghost Rider would be At least High 8-C for being able to harm Eli.

Okay. Feel free to adjust the profiles accordingly. Although wouldn't "At least Large Building level, possibly Mountain level" be more appropriate as durability?

Perhaps until this is sorted out we should scale from Thor instead of Ghost Rider? I only ask because Thor's tier was changed based on GR's non-existent feat.

Who would scale from Thor and why Thor? Thor's tier was taken as an outlier a while back until Ghost Rider's Mountain something happened.

Gemmysaur said:
Who would scale from Thor and why Thor? Thor's tier was taken as an outlier a while back until Ghost Rider's Mountain something happened.
Hulk should scale from Thor, or vice versa. We were previously scaling from Thor IIRC until Ghost Rider showed up, and yes the Sokovia feat was (and possibly still is) an outlier.

Only Hulk and Hulkbuster scaled from Thor, and Ghost Rider has no relation to him other than paving the way to having his City level feat accepted.

Whether or not Sokovia is an outlier is another can of worms so let's not discuss that here.

Well, we already have lots of slow-moving revision projects running at once. We are running into overload territory.

Gemmysaur said:
Only Hulk and Hulkbuster scaled from Thor, and Ghost Rider has no relation to him other than paving the way to having his City level feat accepted.

Whether or not Sokovia is an outlier is another can of worms so let's not discuss that here.
Shouldn't Loki, Malekith and Ultron also scale to Thor? Weren't we scaling from the Bifrost Bridge explosion feat before?

Loki survived the Bifrost Explosion. That's an 8-A feat.

Thor survived the Sokovia Explosion, that's a 7-B feat.

Iron Man also has an 8-A feat.

It's not an outlier.

Malekith and Ultron definitely. Loki got neg'd by Hulk and Thor who got tired of talking to him.

Ok, I performed the changes. Even if I would like to change Elis Durability to Human level. From what I remember the Quantum batterie needed those megawatts to function, but Eli wasnt exposed to that energy, just to interdimensional energy. It would also be a little weird if a normal human could survive that.

I would also prefer not to change the other MCU statistics back and forth over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back