• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel_Champion_07

VS Battles
Retired
Large Island level (Killed Eli Morrow. Broke out of the Containment Module, which was meant to imprison Inhumans and has a similar design to that of Retreat, which can imprison the Hulk)
Even if it has a similar design, that doesn't mean it's the same. The Containment Module is made of a material that adapts to powers, which is why it can contain superhuman beings like Inhumans. The Retreat is made of a highly durable vibranium alloy, which is why it can withstand attacks from Hulk. They aren't made of the same thing.

Imo, Ghost Rider should not scale to Hulk and be downgraded to 7-A via tanking the Carbon Bomb

Last edited:
To play Devil's Advocate, why would it be massively weaker then the retreats designed to restrain the Tier 6's? Coulson himself seems baffled by the concept of Ghost Rider breaking from it which should be implying he at least thinks it's durable enough to contain characters he's already interacted with

To play Devil's Advocate, why would it be massively weaker then the retreats designed to restrain the Tier 6's? Coulson himself seems baffled by the concept of Ghost Rider breaking from it which should be implying he at least thinks it's durable enough to contain characters he's already interacted with
From my understanding, the Containment Module doesn't restrain its prisoners because of its durability but because it adapts to its prisoners' powers. Its durability could be lower than the Retreat's, but its ability to adapt to powers makes up for it

Last edited:
The Containment Module doesn't restrain its prisoners because of its durability but because it adapts to its prisoners' powers. Its durability could be lower than the Retreat's, but its ability to adapt to powers makes up for it
I mean what evidence do we have it's less durable then the retreat? Wy would S.H.I.E.L.D use inferior tech compared to stuff they've had since 2012 canonically speaking? Why would the module be so ineffective at adapting to Reyes' powers if it wasn't unprecedented? Why would Coulson be so shocked? It's pretty clear imo this feat is meant to put Robbie right up there

I mean what evidence do we have it's less durable then the retreat? Wy would S.H.I.E.L.D use inferior tech compared to stuff they've had since 2012 canonically speaking? Why would the module be so ineffective at adapting to Reyes' powers if it wasn't unprecedented? Why would Coulson be so shocked? It's pretty clear imo this feat is meant to put Robbie right up there
The only thing about its durability that was stated is that it's bulletproof. Whether it has a lower durability level compared to the Retreat or not doesn't mean it's inferior tech, and superior tech doesn't necessarily mean something is more durable. The module doesn't contain prisoners because of its durability: it contains them by adapting to their powers. They were shocked because it didn't adapt to Ghost Rider's powers and thus contain him inside.

Last edited:
The only thing about its durability that was stated is that it's bulletproof. Whether it has a lower durability level compared to the Retreat or not doesn't mean it's inferior tech, and superior tech doesn't necessarily mean something is more durable. The module doesn't contain prisoners because of its durability: it contains them by adapting to their powers. They were shocked because it didn't adapt to Ghost Rider's powers and thus contain him inside.
I mean it kinda does, If I have tech that fails to adapt to weaker heroes then other models then I have an inferior product. Even with the adaptation in mind, we have no reason for it to be worse at adapting then the others in the actual text

I mean it kinda does, If I have tech that fails to adapt to weaker heroes then other models then I have an inferior product. Even with the adaptation in mind, we have no reason for it to be worse at adapting then the others in the actual text
There is still no reason to scale the Containment Module to the Retreat. One is made of a material that specifically adapts to powers, while the other is made of a material that can withstand powers purely because it is super durable.

Last edited:
Back