• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Bleach Speed Update

I'm not suggesting that you use his calculated speed though, and this calc is literal calcstacking anyways since it's utilizing the results of another calc, but aside from that it is trying to suggest a character, who we assume fights at >supersonic speeds, has an acceleration of ~1m/s2, do you know how dumb this is?

It literally means that this character takes over 5 minutes to hit even baseline supersonic speeds, a character that takes this damn long to reach those speeds would never be rated supersonic/hypersonic/you name it, so the number doesn't even make sense from the perspective of our ratings.

Matthew Schroeder said:
The high end of the calc being pushed is literally FTL and the lowest ball is high-end Relativistic. It is an undeniable outlier.
I know for sure you didn't even read the thread come on man, not a single person is vouching for FTL so please just stop being dishonest. And you do realize the other calc in thread is sub-rel+ right? which is a feat for the high tier.

Matthew Schroeder said:
So throwaway the controversial and arguable outlier / calc-stacking feat and instead use the Sub-Rel calc. Done.
And you need to take a break too, seriously dude you are not like this most of the time

It's not controversial. You are the one trying to make it so. I'd rather wait for the calc members to discuss this since 3 of them don't see it as such.

Matthew Schroeder said:
So throwaway the controversial and arguable outlier / calc-stacking feat and instead use the Sub-Rel calc. Done.
Were not doing anything to satisfy you, good thing the god-tier are above the high tier lol, this is pretty basic scaling. Did you even bother looking at the images above where Ichigo blitzes the high-tier? How did you even get outlier. I could name like 2 other feats that would have similar results in the exact same arc.

There's legit multiple threads about it one of which is nearing 300 posts. It is per definition a controversial feat, and it's not about "satisfying me", Sigurd, don't be facetious.

And trying to bring up several other non-accepted non-applied threads to try and act like it isn't an outlier doesn't even make sense.

Aernasilver said:
No. There is only this one and the staff one. The staff one isn't even gaining traction.
... So there are multiple threads with one of them having a lot of traction. Two is multiple.

[I]Matthew Schroeder said:
I think you bothered to read the calculation.

Acceleration in the first scene?
In the first scene, he was in REST, his speed was ZERO.
In the final scene, where he arrives at his destination, he had a speed.
Basically, it was from scratch, hit the speed 'X'. This, then, had an acceleration. Is it serious that you did not understand something so basic?

Dangai Ichigo said:
I think Matt means this one, we legit are nearing 300
And which is why I'm asking to stop going for the controversial thread as if wanting to spark controversy and instead go for the calc nobody is criticizng.

The only one who doesn't make sense here is you Matthew, there aren't multiple threads reaching 300. There is only this one and a staff thread. And to be honest in my experience from what i've seen in other threads you're the one that makes it "controversial".

You claimed it's appeal to authority because the calc members decided it's not calc stacking and still you're pushing it, you lie on the staff thread by trying to mislead others via stating the timeframe is an assumption. I really don't understand what your problem is honestly. You're simply trying to discredit the feat via every angel you can think of. Hell you even openly attack the fanbase apperently.

I never said there were multiple threads reaching 300, only this one. Please don't misconstruct my arguments┬▓

And don't try to act like I'm the only person against this or who sees what happens in threads such as this one as being problematic. There is a very apparent Bleach/Naruto Culture War happening on the wiki right now and it is at times petty and toxic. Not that trying to get upgrades for its own sake is the problem, but rather it is the isolating / echochamber way things tend to happen.

Bleach is often isolated nearly completely from the standards applied to most the rest of the wiki and nearly every thread / blog involves at least some insults from certain members. Even this thread.

The same also applies to Naruto threads. It's a cold war / arms race at this point. I feel both sides do wank their verses quite a bit and there's a lot of controversial calculations being applied regardless.

I don't think you can call this Relativistic feat an outlier. Going by the profiles there's a few Sub Rel calcs and one Sub Rel+ calc coming from a high tier ( Going by the comments above.)

What's worse is that matt doesn't understand the calc itself, but what I don't understand is why his trying to force a disagreement when he doesn't understand anything at all.

@Rin

The Sub-Rel calcs are for people like Yhwach, literal God Tiers of the Verse. The Sub-Rel+ calc is maybe fine but still involves vastly inferior characters getting upgraded above the current level of the God Tiers.

So to go for Relativistic+ / FTL on an (apparently) super lowballed calc is raising major red flags here.

As was said before, there is a practice called "Hiding the Outlier", where a feat is lowballed to extreme degrees to make it seem reasonably within the scale of other, lesser feats, and thus be accepted as an upgrade when in reality under more liberal assumptions you get a ludicrous result that would be dismissed out of hand.

I do agree with the last tid bid Matthew stated however. Naruto and Bleach fans don't get along and that's been that way forever. It's essentially like FT vs OP but on steroids since at least the two fan bases get along. Has the Bleach and Naruto fan base always been like this on this wiki? I'm actually curious as to how this supposed beef started since I thought Naruto vs Bleach beef died in 2013

@Rin

It was always a little bad but the last few weeks have been the worst it's ever been to the point that eyebrows of concern are being raised.

Then bring that up with other staff, I don't know what you mean by echochamber. Every thread I participate in I contact multiple staff members to verify the threads. There were literal months of backed up CRT's that were never applied.

Calcs are barely applied to Bleach, like idk what you're talking about dude. In the several months i've been here not a single calc was applied, because of SoldierBlue who disappeared apperently.

What does this thread even have to do with Naruto, I could care less about a petty flame war going on. All I care about is accurate information and profiles.

Ah I see. From what I've been gathering and assuming I'm guessing it has to do with the power of the verses? Never really understood why people get upset over that.

I'm no calc expert, but if what AguilaR101 says is true, then the calc doesn't make sense by the standards we use and that alone raises red flags, at least to me.

Also, I have to agree with Matt one thing, if nothing else: Bleach and Naruto threads do tend be echo chambers at times. Just saying.

AguilaR101 said:
Am I the only one seeing the issue with a character that fights at supersonic speeds in close quarters being assumed to have single digits of acceleration?
It looks to me like the calc is being lowballed to hell to hide the outlier.
The problem here is,you're thinking that ichigo's combat speed equals with his cruising speed.

They are not the same at all.

TheC2 said:
I'm no calc expert, but if what AguilaR101 says is true, then the calc doesn't make sense by the standards we use and that alone raises red flags, at least to me.
As AguilaR101's word is absolute, we do not need to discuss anything else on this site, we just need to ask for your opinion.

He cited this as stacking using the result of other calculations.

I think I'll have to explain it here again.

Basically, they're interpreting that Ichigo crosses the top of Shokonmanku to the ground, it's an isolated feat. But no, it's not an isolated feat, Ichigo was still in ON TRIP , he then crosses the top of the Shokonmanku to the ground, in case, that's his final speed.

So here we have initial velocity, end speed and time. With this we can find its acceleration and finally the distance between Reiokyu and Seireitei.

Now, I want someone to explain to me how this is the stacking calculation, being that, he crosses the top of Shokonmanku to the ground, is not feat isolated (I'll write this several times to see if they understand).

Matthew is correct in that the hostility between the Naruto and Bleach fandoms here has turned far too extreme, which is kind of silly when you think about it, as both are entertaining shounen manga, although the ending was unfortunately rushed (due to the author's health issues) in Bleach's case. I wish that he would have gone the HxH route instead, and taken an extended break to continue later.

Anyway, the others are correct in that it is the calc group members' job to decide these kind of issues. Perhaps TataHakai could start a thread in the calc group forum, and discuss the issue with the other 3 members who accepted this calculation, without either Matthew or any Bleach fans interfering?

Never mind. I found it: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2801720

Back