• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Ben 10 UAFO speed upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Zamasu I would like to see the Ship stuff first and like I said lightspeed is generally beyond the characters so FTL reaction speed seems like the limit to me. It wouldn't make much sense for Rook to call the time beast FTL if everyone is MFTL anyways and we can't make the gap between their combat/travel and reaction speed too big otherwise no-one would ever get hit, also the time cycles which are faster than the time beast and thus faster than most characters, had trouble outpacing a black hole.

Andytrenom said:
Is it that time Chromastone flew to Petropia?
Chromastone and Vilgax yes. It's also consistent with Ship's feat because both locations were halfway across the galaxy.

Zamasu Chan said:
Those Cyclops guys were able to hit Ship while he was flying at that speed.
Can you give me a timestamp because from what I can see he never transformed into his spaceship form in that episode, also I don't really have a problem with flying characters having MFTL+ flight speed if they displayed such capabilities but scaling it to regular characters seems like a little bit too much of a leap, according to this logic the flight speed statistic would be unnecessary because it would scale to reaction speed which scales to combat speed more than not. Ben 10 seems to be one of those cases where you can't use that logic because of them consistently capping out at the speed of light when not flying and Jetray for instance seems to use hyperspace to travel at MFTL+ speeds, Ship can calculate out when he needs to stop and him flying into meteors isn't a big deal cause he has 7A durability.

While Jetray needed to use hyperspace to catchup to them, he can still fly as fast as the other ships normally.

@Firestorm fair point but he can still failed to react to 13:22 P'andor's lightspeed-attack so it would only scale to flight speed

@Zamasu Ship was already in orbit and thus would have slowed down already.

Zamasu Chan said:
Tbf Kevin was activity piloting the Rust Bucket 3 through space.
Maybe FTL reaction speed is enough to do that, pilots can also pilot jets that move 100 times faster than them + I'm sure it'll have some tracking software for incoming obstacles.

@Ant while the discussion has shifted away from Way Big, I was gonna make a small downgrade/clarification for every speed stat but reaction speed of Ben 10 characters anyways, so we might as well discuss it here now that we're talking about the subject anyways.

Okay. We would have to be careful to handle any changes in scaling rationally and systematically though. Otherwise the profiles will end up incoherent and unreliable.

If we accept the games as an alternate timeline due to the writer, we also have Evil Way Big traveling to Earth from outside the galaxy in a few days.

Firestorm808 said:
If we accept the games as an alternate timeline due to the writer, we also have Evil Way Big traveling to Earth from outside the galaxy in a few days.
Lemme guess. Ink Tank?

Ohhh, I think what he said in the video makes sense. It didn't happen but it still, can happen. It's also consistent with the Ship and Vilgax/Chromastone feat. There's also a 6-C XLR8 calc in there.

Not 100 % sure about scaling X to what he creates, everything was created from memory tho so technically it would scale to reaction speed but with their pocket dimension they could possibly take years to discuss everything and it would be instantaneous to the outside world (or not considering Galactic Gladiator was able to get confused which wouldn't happen if he got a lot of time to process things), it was however not implied that it took a very long time for them and if we use the Galactic Gladiator fight as an example then their reaction speed would scale to combat and travel speed.

For the Omnitrix are we scaling to regular big bang or Maltruant's big bang? Cause the second yt link doesn't work and the Dailymotion one's time stamp is a bit off.

Also if Ben 10 also uses cosmic inflation theory then I think we can only scale the Omnitrix to what is shown to be created and not observable or full size universe (and maybe account for there being 2 universes in 1 universe in Ben 10 as shown when they flew to the Forge apparently).

In regards to Alien X, he moves the Galaxies from his body to all corners of the universe. They don't spontaneously appear all over the place.

We do not tend to scale speed from creation or reality warping feats though.

@Ant in this case it should probably scale to reaction speed or relative speed of the pocket dimension to the main universe since the universe was created from memory meaning Ben, Bellicus and Serena would have to think about everything that is being created as evidenced by Ben screwing up Mr. Smoothy's logo. This case is also similar to Lucifer Morningstar (DC Comics) seeing the entire history of the universe in the blink of an eye, but to a lesser extent.

@Zamasu

Because they are usually treated as separate quantities within fiction. Range and power does not automatically translate into movement speed.

@Green

Ben does not remotely have the mental capacity to do that, so it seems more likely that Serena and Bellicus could copy the past universe via spacetime manipulation and advanced cosmic awareness in combination, or that it was an "it's magic" handwave that we are not supposed to think too deeply about.

@Ant Ben also normally can't keep up with MFTL+ beings like Galactic Gladiator (even without this calc he is MFTL+ for becoming the size of a galaxy) yet when in full control of Alien X he can and he is perfectly capable to control multiple Alien X duplicates at the same time, my guess is that Ben's capabilities inside the pocket dimension are amped far beyond what he can normally do and even if it wouldn't scale to Ben directly, it would still scale to Bellicus and Serena who do have the mental capacity to do that and since he can converse with them and control Alien X to an equal degree as the Galactic Gladiator's personalities, when inside the pocket dimension it would scale to Ben and thus Alien X in it's entirety.

Alien X Recreates The Universe (1080p Full HD)-0
Alien X Recreates The Universe (1080p Full HD)-0

@Antvasima

The galaxies are created within his body, and Alien X directly moves them throughout the universe. Creation and movement are separate. A Galaxy didn't just appear on the other side of the universe.

If Alien X can move a Galaxy with exponentially more mass than his normal body all throughout the universe, why can't he do the same with his own body?

You can even consider this an Attack Speed feat if he were to send a galaxy at an enemy.

Moving things via telekinesis does not automatically scale to combat speed. Sorry. I have no doubt that Alien X is MFTL+, but you have to prove it in some other way.

Didn't they use it offensively against each other, and were able to dodge?

The Storm King's Staff, right?

It moves the Sun at MFTL+ speeds, and Tempest dodged a beam from it.

If not Combat or Travel speed, does Telekinesis Speed apply to Attack Speed?

It is possible. I do not remember so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back