• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Ash-Greninja Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
So this has been bugging me and likely a few other users for a while. Why is Ash-Greninja only 9-A? Based on what we see Ash-Greninja is special only to that one Greninja. It isn't a species latent power or anything. It's just a special Greninja with Battle Bond. So I honestly feel like he can scale to his fight with Charizard. So this is pretty much my request.

Ash-Greninja

"At least 7-C"

I agree with this. It makes no sense how at the very least Ash-Greninja is only 9-A when its consistently comparable to Charizard.

Plus An in-complete Ash-Greninja was on the level of Diantha's Mega Gardevoir.....

To what extent I do not know but there is no way he is only Room level.

Not because is has that look, it its as strong as Ash's.

Let's face it, it that Greninja is truly Ash's, then why is not Ash in a f*cking hospital or anything?

He should be dead if he still conectes to THAT Greninja.

I don't have S&M so I'd have to ask, how is Ash-Greninja in game canon again? It makes an appearance or something? Isn't A-G unique to Ash's Greninja?

Yeah, it is odd. Ash-Greninja is given to you during the Demon in which you transfer to the main game. The OT is Ash.

Isn't it weird for A-G to weaken quite massively just because he changed trainers? I mean if the OT is Ash, then it stands to reason that A-G gets Ash's A-G stats and not game A-G stats.

Not gonna lie, I'm not caught up with the anime since D/P (Is B/W or X/Y worth watching?) . So I'm going to have to base my thoughts on what is here.

Anyways, from what I see, Greninja should scale if he is constantly on Charizard's level, so how many times has he fought one?

@Professor I seriously doubt Ash-Greninja should scale to a Mega Evolved Pokemon, even more so, if it was in a weakened state.

A-G is pretty much Greninja's mega evo. He fought Mega Charizard around 2-3 times. At the very least twice. He also fought the champion's Gardevoir and Lysandre's Mega Gyarados.

SomebodyData said:
Not gonna lie, I'm not caught up with the anime since D/P (Is B/W or X/Y worth watching?) . So I'm going to have to base my thoughts on what is here.
Anyways, from what I see, Greninja should scale if he is constantly on Charizard's level, so how many times has he fought one?

@Professor I seriously doubt Ash-Greninja should scale to a Mega Evolved Pokemon, even more so, if it was in a weakened state.
BW isn't very good, I'm not sure about XY because I just started myself.

SomebodyData said:
If this is the case, then I can see him around this level. Supported
Well for your earlier comment, i'll say this:

DO NOT WATCH BW. YOU WILL BE SCAR'D FOR LIFE. It's seriously the worst season in Pokemon period.

XY is a HUGE emprovement however. I'd definitely reccomend it, along with the Sun and Moon anime.

As for the rest, well idk about Gardevoir because we currently have it as unknown right? So it's best not to have AG scale towards it. Gyardos on the other hand is a different matter.

But that's Ash's Ash-Greninja (Yeah it sound stupid but is true)

Is a trained one, I can't be scale to a wild one.

Disagree with the upgrade completely.

Well don't we add individual feats? Plus I said this doesn't scale to a wild one. No wild greninja gets Battle Bond. Heck you can't even breed a Battle Bond Greninja.

Don't see how this relates to a regular Greninja...I mean why is Ash-Greninja on that file in the first place? It's an ability specific to Ash' Greninja as no wild Greninja gets Battle Bond and like I said you can't breed it at all.

So I ask us to remove Ash-Greninja from the species Greninja file.

Ash-Greninja appears in Sun/Moon

I'm not saying to rmove it. I'm saying that scale it to the one from XY anime is loke if we upgrade Game Pikachu via scaling from Ash's.

Yes it appears in Sun and Moon as Ash's Greninja. The OT is literally Ash.....This is no regular Greninja.

Because the creators wanted to give a reference to the anime with cute skin.

But not resembling the same f*cking power as Ash's. :)

But it uses the exact same transformation as Ash's.....They created a paradox.....They really like making things hard for us.....

No it should not be 7-C.

Gamefreak has done this before, they released Ash's Pikachu but we dont (and shouldnt) rate Pikachu 7-B for it because at the end of the day its a trainer Pokemon.

But if you want to give him a rating based of feats than im fine with it.

This Ash Greninija is trained? Because that changes quite a bit, I just assumed that you guys knew that wild =/= trained ever in scaling.

Gonna have to stop supporting this.

SomebodyData said:
This Ash Greninija is trained? Because that changes quite a bit, I just assumed that you guys knew that wild =/= trained ever in scaling.
Gonna have to stop supporting this.
The only Ash-Greninja's are trained. There is no such thing as a wild Ash-Greninja. So it shouldn't even be on the Greninja file if that's the case....

Dragonmasterxyz said:
What kind of feats are you talking about? Like fighting Mega Charizard?
Thats not a feat thats powerscaling. A feat is like calcing the AP of his giant water shuriken those are feats he performed by himself with his own power.

RadicalMrR said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
What kind of feats are you talking about? Like fighting Mega Charizard?
Thats not a feat thats powerscaling. A feat is like calcing the AP of his giant water shuriken those are feats he performed by himself with his own power.
The fact of the matter is that there is nothing for Ash-Greninja other than that as it is always going to be a trained Pokemon. So I suggest we get rid of Ash-Greninja from the Greninja file then if that is the case. This is contradicting the rules in this case as a wild Ash-Greninja does not exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back