• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible 7-A metal gear

I love metal gear and yes I am a bit biased towards it but I'm going to attempt to upgrade the actual metal gears and the characters so let's get started
1. Shagohod- I know this isn't a metal gear but I just wanted to mention it fodder since volgin (A city block level character) punched through it so easily and the ap could be multi city block or town level via nuclear warhead
2. Peacewalker- not much to say here city level on ap/durability via the nuclear bomb stated to be better then the tsar bomba and huey not being sure if an atomic bomb could break its inner barrier this also has some merit since technology in metal gear is far better then real life's
3.Tx-55- same as peacewalker town or multi city block level in ap and for dura city level tx-55 is the metal gear in metal gear (msx) that comes after any of the games that big boss and venom snake was in as a main character venom snake (the leader of outer heaven in metal gear msx) called it the ultimate weapon (I can't add a picture for some reason but pm me and I'll give it to you)
metal gear D- which was stated to be many many times stronger than tx-55 by Dr madnar (pm for statement)
So it's 5x stronger then tx-55 at this point the metal gears reached mountain level and so do the characters I'll get into that sometime in the future
Metal gear rex would scale above metal gear D with otacons statement (pm for statement)
Metal gear Ray has damaged and is shown to be stronger and better than rex so mountain level Ray
If there is any questions or debunks you have please tell me

metal gear D- which was stated to be many many times stronger than tx-55 by Dr madnar (pm for statement)
That doesn't work for evidence. Any claim made must be backed by a scan and if possible a source/video of context around the scan.

Even if everything you said was true, it would be unverifiable without prior knowledge or the user going out on their own to find a source.

1. Shagohod- I know this isn't a metal gear but I just wanted to mention it fodder since volgin (A city block level character) punched through it so easily and the ap could be multi city block or town level via nuclear warhead
Not happening. It doesn't even backscale from other Mg's (Except maybe Pupa, which is still stronger than it), but even then, it's been damaged by far, far, less.
2. Peacewalker- not much to say here city level on ap/durability via the nuclear bomb stated to be better then the tsar bomba and huey not being sure if an atomic bomb could break its inner barrier this also has some merit since technology in metal gear is far better then real life's
Inverse square law, but even then, when Huey says it can tank a nuke, he isn't talking about the super massive experimental hydrogen bomb that Peace Walker has on itself (Obviously, why would PW ever hit itself with its own nuke?). He just mean nukes in general, so like 7-C, which obviously do exist in Metal Gear, we're given bomb yields multiple times.
3.Tx-55- same as peacewalker town or multi city block level in ap and for dura city level tx-55 is the metal gear in metal gear (msx) that comes after any of the games that big boss and venom snake was in as a main character venom snake (the leader of outer heaven in metal gear msx) called it the ultimate weapon (I can't add a picture for some reason but pm me and I'll give it to you)
Yeah, it is called the Ultimate Weapon, but not because it's the strongest, fastest, most durable, etc. In fact we know 100% it pales to even preceding MG's.
They call it the ultimate weapon due to its functionality. It's easy to move and transport, it can be deployed with ease, and can fire a nuke anywhere on the planet from anywhere on the planet, and it's a Metal Gear - The Ultimate Weapon (In general). Ignoring that statement needs to be scrutinized as it's said before the existence of other games, even in context, they're talking about how it's easy to use and can nuke anything, not because it could throw hands with peace Walker and win.
This one is fine though yeah.
So it's 5x stronger then tx-55 at this point the metal gears reached mountain level and so do the characters I'll get into that sometime in the future
This one isn't, we use "3" for "many", which yeah, it IS a low end (Unfortunately, Act 2 would love if it was more), but it's just to be safe. But the issue there is, TX-55 still needs to have its own rating to upscale, because it doesn't actually inherently scale to anything, in fact, if anything, it's one of the weakest MG's in the whole verse on purpose, trading overwhelming power with compact size.
Metal gear rex would scale above metal gear D with otacons statement (pm for statement)
This is true, in fact REX and RAY the strongest individual models.
Metal gear Ray has damaged and is shown to be stronger and better than rex so mountain level Ray
Yes, but also not mountain lv.

Last edited:
Not happening. It doesn't even backscale from other Mg's but even then, it's been damaged by far, far, less.

Inverse square law, but even then, when Huey says it can tank a nuke, he isn't talking about the super massive experimental hydrogen bomb that Peace Walker has on itself (Obviously, why would PW ever hit itself with its own nuke?). He just mean nukes in general, so like 7-C, which obviously do exist in Metal Gear, we're given bomb yields multiple times.

Yeah, it is called the Ultimate Weapon, but not because it's the strongest, fastest, most durable, etc. In fact we know 100% it pales to even preceding MG's.
They call it the ultimate weapon due to its functionality. It's easy to move and transport, it can be deployed with ease, and can fire a nuke anywhere on the planet from anywhere on the planet, and it's a Metal Gear - The Ultimate Weapon (In general). Ignoring that statement needs to be scrutinized as it's said before the existence of other games, even in context, they're talking about how it's easy to use and can nuke anything, not because it could throw hands with peace Walker and win.

This one isn't, we use "3" for "many", which yeah, it IS a low end, but it's just to be safe. But the issue there is, TX-55 still needs to have its own rating to upscale, because it doesn't actually inherently scale to anything, in fact, if anything, it's one of the weakest MG's in the whole verse on purpose, trading overwhelming power with compact size.

This is true, in fact REX and RAY the strongest individual models.

Yes, but also no mountain lv.
This is why I have to do my own research and not rely on others well I'm going to scale other metal gear things and if were applying the peacewalker rex and Ray statements Ray should be upgraded to town level and I'll probably post a different crt to upgrade the actual characters

This one isn't, we use "3" for "many", which yeah, it IS a low end (Unfortunately, Act 2 would love if it was more), but it's just to be safe. But the issue there is, TX-55 still needs to have its own rating to upscale, because it doesn't actually inherently scale to anything, in fact, if anything, it's one of the weakest MG's in the whole verse on purpose, trading overwhelming power with compact size.
Actually we use 4x as the low ball for "many", 3x is for "several"

unrelated but quick question
since we have a blade mode multiplier, could we calc the KE of monsoon throwing his piles of rubble and/or raiden cutting up his big wheel?

unrelated but quick question
since we have a blade mode multiplier, could we calc the KE of monsoon throwing his piles of rubble and/or raiden cutting up his big wheel?
We have a multiplier, for speed. It doesn't apply to AP.
And you wouldn't even be able to use it because that whole fight was done in Ripper Mode, aka with any hypothetical multiplier.

And yes, I'm working on that.

We have a multiplier, for speed. It doesn't apply to AP.
yeah ik, I just meant that since it's able to move as fast as it does while raiden is in ripper/blade mode, how much KE would it wield
And you wouldn't even be able to use it because that whole fight was done in Ripper Mode, aka with any hypothetical multiplier.
wouldn't it just scale to the relativistic that raiden has? I'm not really physics educated, but at least I think relativistic planes throwing could wield good results. idk
And yes, I'm working on that.
based

yeah ik, I just meant that since it's able to move as fast as it does while raiden is in ripper/blade mode, how much KE would it wield

wouldn't it just scale to the relativistic that raiden has? I'm not really physics educated, but at least I think relativistic planes throwing could wield good results. idk

based
My dude, his AP right now comes from slicing apart boxers while under the time dilation effect. What you're saying we should do, we do. We use the KE for the slicing of them at high speeds.
But I do have a few ideas for potential upgrades, at the very least, 3x should be safe based on just swapping out the values on accepted calcs with higher values due to wacky info stated regarding tensile strength and material components. But there is a few feats I'm looking at.

But that's not the thread for that, and it won't be for awhile.

My dude, his AP right now comes from slicing apart boxers while under the time dilation effect. What you're saying we should do, we do. We use the KE for the slicing of them at high speeds.
ohhhh yeah I guess that would've been accounted for in the calc
well I'll just leave you to looking at your feats, hidden deep within the chariot secret lair of 8-B jojo and 7-B metal gear

Back