• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possbility and binary

TISSG7Redgrave

The World's Unluckiest Person
Joke Battles
Administrator
I have a question does anyone who can destroy anything under the binary principe destroy possibilities or affect it?

wdym?

Well, what you said in the OP can only vaguely be linked to what you're suggesting it can do.

The link isn't strong enough for us to take it as a good enough link.

ok i will give a sample Ryouga Akizuki who can affect and erase any phenomenon that exists under a binary principle affect a possibility like Dr. Gii?

a possibility's binary, it either happens or it doesn't

But seriously, I think both of those descriptions of abilities are so vague that we can't conclusively answer which way it would go.

hmmm i'll wait for more input but i suspect it does just wanted some conclusive answer

I pretty much agree with the rest. The power is so generally formulated that it likely isn't healthy to extrapolate beyond feats. It's just like someone who's ability is literally said to be the "Destruction of anything" wouldn't just be assumed to be able to destroy kinds of stuff not demonstrated.

Like, in theory this ability would be able to just destroy all things non-binary at once, as either something is binary or it isn't, meaning that the class of all non-binary things is under the binary principle.

To answer from a purely theoretical standpoint: It's a matter of perspective. One can model probability/possibility as binary or not binary. In a binary system it would of course be modeled as binary, just as everything else.

I agree with everyone else. Seems so vague and odd that it probably isn't wise to assume it can do anything not shown.

Back