• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Porygon vs. Technus (Battle of the Technological Wonders) (Voting Completed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
Because I'm tired of making Pokémon vs. Mega Man threads.

Technology is a resource that, especially in this modern era, has become a necessity for many people. And these two combatants take this close association with technology to a whole new level. While one can manipulate technology and bend it to his will, the other was formed from advanced programming, and eventually became sentient and escaped from its electronic prison into the real world. But which of these e-marvels are the strongest? Today, we find out!

In the blue corner, we have Porygo from Pokémon, and in the red corner, we have Technus from Danny Phantom.

Porygon by nidoking256
S02e12 Technus inside computer
-This battle is to the death or incapacitation. No holds barred.
-Neither character are aware of each other beforehand and there's is no prep time

-Neither character is allowed outside help.

-The battle takes place in cyberspace, giving both combatants the advantages they receive here.

-This fight is between a wild Porygon versus Technus 2.0.

-Speed is equalized.

With all of this being said, let the debate begin!

Porygon: 0

Technus: 7 (LordGriffin1000, ApiesDeathbyLazors, Eficiente, Derpyrebound, ShadowChild'sReaper, Jimboydejuan12, Litentric Teon)

Inconclusive: 0

Technus wins.

Lock On won't help much given Technus can turn intangible and thus Zap Cannon won't hit. Magic Coat reflects statis effect moves which Technus has none if so that won't be helpful.

Technus 2.0, like Porygon can also turn into data as well. Plus can possess Porygon who has no resistence to possession (Yes Tecnus can possess tech). Recover is usefull but will only delay the lose.

Technus wins via Intangiblity, Possession, and Forcefields (for extra protection and reflecting attacks)

I was literally wondering why nobody was approaching Technus' whole "Master of Technology" schtick.

To be honest, I was sleep deprived when I wrote that. I was gonna come on here to try to defend my points, by the only stuff I could think of sounded really weak. The best argument I could come up with was maybe Magic Coat could reflect Technus when he tries to posses Porygon, and that Trace would copy Technus' passive abilities, but all that seemed to accomplish was granting Porygon Filght (which he pretty much has in a digital enviroment) and Resistance to Existance Erasure, which is not equal to Possession Resistance.

Man, I really hate to say it, I mean it hurts my soul so bad, but I might have to chag- changgg- chaanng-

Technus Wins FRA :(

(some please prove me wrong)

Technus for above reasons. If this were a battle based on hacking something, then I would not know.

Danny Phantom is one show that seriously should get mroe love in vs battles of all brands (i.e. DeathBattle). Ghosts like Technus are pretty strong.

Technus has an advantage in AP, but Porygon should be capable of working around that via stat boosts. He could boost his speed and strength a ton while sharpening his beak, which would make for a quick one-shot.

However all Technus needs to do is possess Porygon and he wins. Are they bloodlusted?

ArbitraryNumbers said:
Technus has an advantage in AP, but Porygon should be capable of working around that via stat boosts. He could boost his speed and strength a ton while sharpening his beak, which would make for a quick one-shot.
However all Technus needs to do is possess Porygon and he wins. Are they bloodlusted?
No holds barred, so I'd rather think of it as following SBA, meaning in character, but willing to kill.

If it's something he knows is technology based, then yes.

Thing is, Porygon is much more data based than purely technology based.

Technus can possess technology yes, but when has he actually ever taken control of pure data?

@ProfessorKukui4Life

Yes, I believe so, as evidenced when he planted himself in the video game Doomed during the episode "Teacher of the Year," as well as the fact that he is known to be able to crack advanced computer code with ease and manipulate it, which is what Porygon basically is.

Technus should win. Based off of what the both of them show, he has an advantage with intangibility, possession, and Regenerationn. Yes Porygon has Recover as well and the move Sharpen, it's not really known by how mush of an increase it will give him. (In game logic a six-times use normally or 3-times of "sharply" increase, it says; in this case "Porygon's ATTACK can't go any higher), does that mean he's become tier Zero (joke). But all things considered Technus gets another vote from me.

And with that, the winner is Technus! If anyone has any real arguments for Porygon, say it now. Otherwise, this can be added to both profiles immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back