• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Portgas D Ace additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one is relatively minor, but Ace needs a bit of a revamp for his power's and Abilities.

First of all, he should likely have his Busoshoku Haki changed into a proficient, given that he wa shown to be able to utilize Koka, a high level Busoshoku technique and from him being "unfazed" by Jinbe's Busoshoku Haki.

Secondly, he needs Kenbunshoku on a proficient level, as he was able to utilize his Kenbunshoku to place his attacks where Whitebeard would move, and is stated by both Whitebeard and Thach to posses "Great Kenbunshoku Haki."

And he also needs resistance to Cold Temperatures, Ace has no issues in dealing dealing the temperature of a winter storm while on a high elevation.

"But Gin I don't think the manga Adaptation is canon!" Yes, it actually is indeed canon. Episode A is included in One Piece's official magazine, and in Shueisha's official serialization, and Jump+. Boichi also took Oda's character notes from the novelization for this. It's worth noting the One Piece wiki also considers this as canon, despite them having a pretty clear understanding of what is and isn't canon.

This one is relatively minor, but Ace needs a bit of a revamp for his power's and Abilities.

First of all, he should likely have his Busoshoku Haki changed into a proficient, given that he wa shown to be able to utilize Koka, a high level Busoshoku technique and from him being "unfazed" by Jinbe's Busoshoku Haki.

Secondly, he needs Kenbunshoku on a proficient level, as he was able to utilize his Kenbunshoku to place his attacks where Whitebeard would move, and is stated by both Whitebeard and Thach to posses "Great Kenbunshoku Haki."

And he also needs resistance to Cold Temperatures, Ace has no issues in dealing dealing the temperature of a winter storm while on a high elevation.

"But Gin I don't think the manga Adaptation is canon!" Yes, it actually is indeed canon. Episode A is included in One Piece's official magazine, and in Shueisha's official serialization, and Jump+. Boichi also took Oda's character notes from the novelization for this. It's worth noting the One Piece wiki also considers this as canon, despite them having a pretty clear understanding of what is and isn't canon.
Agreed

Official ≠ canon.

Official is a story published in an official media (shonen jump/shueshia).

Fillers, ovas, movies and specials, it's all official. What would not be official are fanmades and fanfics. Like shokugeki no sanji, by the author of shokugeki, it is official but never canonical. And the same applies to the Boichi novel.

Last edited:
Official ≠ canon.
That depends entirely of the context, official releases are often considered canon, especially if it has author intent behind it. Perfect case being Trigun's Lost Plant, it wasn't written by the author himself but has the author's approval, his notes and included it in his official serialization for Trigun.

Fillers, ovas, movies and specials, it's all official. What would not be official are fanmades and fanfics. Like shokugeki no sanji, by the author of shokugeki, it is official but never canonical. And the same applies to the Boichi novel.
Different authors completely so I fail to see the point here, Shokuegeki no Sanji is based upon a novel written by the author and he didn't have the notes from the original author so that's just a blatant false comparison.

The same absolutely doesn't apply to Boichi's Episode A. Episode A is a direct manga Adaptation of Oda's Novel A, Boichi had Oda's notes when creating it and there aren't any notable contradictions to disqualify it being canon. Keep in mind, the One Piece wiki who are good when it comes to what is and isn't canon consider Boichi's Novel to be canon as well. As far as I'm concerned you haven't actually elaborated upon why you disagree with it being canon without the usage of clear false comparisons.

Official ≠ canon.

Its base in Novel wich is made by Oda, Oda gave permission to Boichi to Draw its. It's similar to One punch man Murata. There nothing to argue the canonical of the Ace manga by Boichi.

Exactly, Oda not writing it himself should be irrelevant whenever Boichi had notes and permission from Oda himself. Episode A is just a manga version of Novel A. Novel A is canon but Oda himself didn't write it, going by that same logic then Novel A wouldn't be canon and little to no novels in the HST would be considered canon.

That depends entirely of the context, official releases are often considered canon, especially if it has author intent behind it. Perfect case being Trigun's Lost Plant, it wasn't written by the author himself but has the author's approval, his notes and included it in his official serialization for Trigun.
"Often" is not absolute. In Trigun's Lost Plant, we have an official work being considered by the author himself. In the Boichi manga, only Shueshia's uncontrollable desire to make money on One Piece. Bring me a statement from Oda approving the scenes that weren't in the novel, in case you're not able, are still official-non-canonical.

Different authors completely so I fail to see the point here, Shokuegeki no Sanji is based upon a novel written by the author and he didn't have the notes from the original author so that's just a blatant false comparison.
Shokugeki no sanji has the same qualifications as the boichi adaptation, according to its own thread sources:"Shueisha's official serialization".And just like the adaptation of boichi, it comes from an original work by eiichiro oda, ONE PIECE, with original and exclusive scenes in the adaptation (boichi does the same thing). Does the "official being often canonical" argument only apply when it suits you?

The same absolutely doesn't apply to Boichi's Episode A. Episode A is a direct manga Adaptation of Oda's Novel A, Boichi had Oda's notes when creating it and there aren't any notable contradictions to disqualify it being canon. Keep in mind, the One Piece wiki who are good when it comes to what is and isn't canon consider Boichi's Novel to be canon as well. As far as I'm concerned you haven't actually elaborated upon why you disagree with it being canon without the usage of clear false comparisons.
I don't care what the one piece wiki thinks is right. If this were that important, we shouldn't even be discussing one piece on this site, and we would simply wait for the verdict of the omniscient wiki.They're just fans just like us, and they don't have any insider information about one piece, supporting boichi's manga just shows how disqualified these people are. Honestly, how come there aren't notable contradictions to discredit the adaptation? Ace's own vivrecard, which was published after the novel A, does not list weaponry and observation haki for Roger's son. That same vivrecard makes your crt a mere bad joke.

Last edited:
Its base in Novel wich is made by Oda, Oda gave permission to Boichi to Draw its. It's similar to One punch man Murata. There nothing to argue the canonical of the Ace manga by Boichi.
Show me any source proving that Oda allowed the boichi adaptation.
Exactly, Oda not writing it himself should be irrelevant whenever Boichi had notes and permission from Oda himself. Episode A is just a manga version of Novel A. Novel A is canon but Oda himself didn't write it, going by that same logic then Novel A wouldn't be canon and little to no novels in the HST would be considered canon.
Don't try to distort things. Novel A is supported by the author's statement, and databook information. "Episode A" does not have the first source of support cited, it adds numerous fillers, and contradicts what was said in the databook.

I'll reply to the above when I wake up, however first things off, get your emotions in order and quit acting like an upset child. You made two comments in the span of 5 seconds, both of which have needless amounts of aggression which doesn't help you at all. You also posted a bunch of misinformation and then accused me of "distorting." whenever the only one here doing so is literally you.

Lmfao the Trigun example is just funny, and that's coming from the person who's the most knowledgeable person on the wiki regarding the series.

Ace's own vivrecard, which was published after the novel A, does not list weaponry and observation haki for Roger's son.
It doesn't list armament haki either, and the novel, which was made by oda, gives him armament haki.

This isn't an argument, they didn't give Yamato Haoshoku Haki even though she's confirmed to have it.
That same vivrecard makes your crt a mere bad joke.
Be respectful

Translating: "Oh my god, you can't massacre me with arguments, because I'll be forced to put your name in "rules violation" by the end of tomorrow.

Try to grow up, man. I intend to be the only "child" here.

Translating: "Oh my god, you can't massacre me with arguments, because I'll be forced to put your name in "rules violation" by the end of tomorrow.

ClassicBiodegradableAfricanfisheagle-max-1mb.gif

Hmm starting to sound an awful like someone that was banned a few weeks back. 🤔 suggestion, try not to act so sus otherwise you'll blow your cover bud.

You came into this thread out of nowhere, with no other comments and with seemingly knowledge on who I am. Hmm.

And before I go to bed, let me state the Vivire Card argument is the only meme here. That came from when before the Manga Adaptation was made, I.E a textbook retcon.

This entire CRT is just peak existence.

Btw, I agree with everything. Don't know why canonicity is being argued lol.

"how should i know"

It's not haki, it's determination to get stronger, typical of shounen.

Just like Kaido, an experienced pirate, came to think that Luffy was immune to flames. And similarly he was mistaken with zoro's haoshoku.

Ace doesn't have haki, the pirate was thrilled, and NEVER said this without using "?" (uncertainty). Luffy does not have immunity to flames, and even less does Zoro have haoshoku. All of this is just hasty conclusions in the character's vision.

I feel like Ace can use armament haki but doesn’t really understand it… 🤷‍♂️
"how should i know"

It's not haki, it's determination to get stronger, typical of shounen.

Just like Kaido, an experienced pirate, came to think that Luffy was immune to flames. And similarly he was mistaken with zoro's haoshoku.

Ace doesn't have haki, the pirate was thrilled, and NEVER said this without using "?" (uncertainty). Luffy does not have immunity to flames, and even less does Zoro have haoshoku. All of this is just hasty conclusions in the character's vision.
Wtf are you even talking about…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back