• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Popeye (without spinach) possible upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two problems (you can ignore them though):

1. The size of the Earth seems down graded;

2. With calculated speed it would be impossible to travel across the globe.

Yamatohime said:
I have two problems (you can ignore them though):
1. The size of the Earth seems down graded;

2. With calculated speed it would be impossible to travel across the globe.
Nah, I wouldn't think so. Seems like an animation trick to make the slapstick funnier, if Bluto wasn't big enough to be seen, then their would be no joke. If I tried calculating the Earths size from Bluto's size, I'd probably get a hilariously low figure. Not really what you meant on your second point though.

Darkanine said:
Nah, I wouldn't think so. Seems like an animation trick to make the slapstick funnier, if Bluto wasn't big enough to be seen, then their would be no joke. If I tried calculating the Earths size from Bluto's size, I'd probably get a hilariously low figure.
Yeah... But the time is hardly useful here for calculation as well. By the same reasons.

Darkanine said:
Not really what you meant on your second point though.
At such speed he would leave Earth gravitational field with ease.

@Yamato

the 2nd point really isn't a point because their have been simaler feats in fiction at simaler speeds

Popeye is a big *Insert what ever phrase you want here* to science I mean

Popeye gave the sun a black eye

and ALAS Sadly this calc can't be used anyway's if you watch the episode all the way through Popeye does indeed eat spinach https://youtu.be/K04jSEfKhms?t=213 See here

Did he? I didn't notice that in the short. I'll rewatch to make sure.

Well, that settles the matter then, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back