• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Don't Need Me Spinach (Popeye upgrade thread)

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
If anyone has ever seen any of my upgrade threads, usually I cut to the chase immediately, attempt to provide definitive proof of my proposals, and refuse to attempt to waffle about. This time is no different.

Thanks to Mephistus, I now have a calculation for pre-spinach Popeye which clocks him in at Building level (8-C) by taking a gigantic explosion to the face and making it out with nary a scratch, which you can see here. Now, because of this durability feat, we can make some easy assumptions here.

1. Pre-spinach Popeye has 8-C durability.
2. Bluto/Brutus has consistently been shown to harm pre-spinach Popeye, giving him 8-C AP.
3. Due to Popeye being canonically stronger than Bluto/Brutus, he would scale above him, giving him 8-C AP as well.

Perhaps there are better feats for Popeye, I am sure. But until those can be brought out at some point, I propose that both Popeye and Bluto be upgraded to 8-C from 9-B.

That's it. That is the goal here. Thank you.

Last edited:
So Pops has been this built different even without Spinach eh? Looks good either way

I nearly forgot about this, for which I am ashamed.

Anyway, yeah, I'll apply this to the appropriate characters.

Back