• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[Poll] Mario/Bowser Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think that Bowser creating a black hole that was able to destroy the universe seems quantifiable, but don't know if it scales to his and Mario's physical statistics. It seems more likely to be a specific ability and glass cannon issue.

Antvasima said:
Well, I think that Bowser creating a black hole that was able to destroy the universe seems quantifiable, but don't know if it scales to his and Mario's physical statistics. It seems more likely to be a specific ability and glass cannon issue.
^Basically this, however I support the downgrade.

Well, regardless, we will keep the unquestionable part of Bowser having created a black hole that could destroy the universe. What we will downgrade are simply his, Mario's, and Luigi's other, physical statistics. Hence, Bowser will keep the 3-B to 3-A rating, but it will be treated as a hax that cannot be used for combat purposes.

Antvasima said:
Well, regardless, we will keep the unquestionable part of Bowser having created a black hole that could destroy the universe. What we will downgrade are simply his, Mario's, and Luigi's other, physical statistics. Hence, Bowser will keep the 3-B to 3-A rating, but it will be treated as a hax that cannot be used for combat purposes.
Wouldn't it make the SMG divider redundant then? Last I check, the divider for Mario and Luigi, which I was against in the first place, exist because they fought Bowser powered by a Grand Star which displayed feats in both Galaxy games beyond the usual calibur the characters displayed in the series as a whole. If we just downgrade them to what they are normally capable of, the divider becomes insignificant. I just can't accept the fact Bowser would be only Mountain level for gaining the power of the Grand Star physically, something more powerful than Kamek's source of magic or himself, which he always grows into massive sizes before and after the games.

Well, we can remove the Mario Galaxy statistics and divider entirely from Mario and Luigi, rather than place them at unknown, if you wish.

Antvasima said:
Well, we can remove the Mario Galaxy statistics and divider entirely from Mario and Luigi, rather than place them at unknown, if you wish.
Fine, I'll accept placing them at unknown until somebody can provide a better stats placement for the Mario Bros because at the moment, LordXCano's suggestion are seriously off into the point I question how he even scale characters. Mountain level for drawing the power of the Grand Star when Bowser is already around that level? No, just no. That's downplay beyond belief.

Fine, I'll accept placing them at unknown until somebody can provide a better stats placement for the Mario Bros because at the moment, LordXCano's suggestion are seriously off. Mountain level for drawing the power of the Grand Star? No.....just no.

Yea setting smg mario & luigi to unknown is great until further notice

Hmm. I already removed the reactions, and strictly kept the flight speed.

However, lots of fiction tend to keep travel speed and movement speed separate, and I have not noticed any indication of Mario perceiving his environments in complete slow-motion within the SMG games, so I find it unlikely that he possesses MFTL+ reflexes/perceptions, even though this may seem counter-intuitive to being able to maneouvre at such speeds.

Antvasima said:
Hmm. I already removed the reactions, and strictly kept the flight speed.
However, lots of fiction tend to keep travel speed and movement speed separate, and I have not noticed any indication of Mario perceiving his environments in complete slow-motion within the SMG games, so I find it very unlikely to give him reflexes/perception at MFTL+ speeds, even though this may seem counter-intuitive to being able to maneouvre at such speeds.
I'm speaking of the fact he was able to dodge his attacks from Bowser as he was even able to resist the black hole he created in the final battle and dodge Bowser attacks who easily resists and flies from it. Plus slow motion does really show wether a character is FTL or not. Would you mind changing Kirby's durability with Hypernova to unknown? We might as well change the rest of the profiles that also recieve their stats from black holes.

How do you know that Bowser's attacks were MFTL+?

Reflexes mean heightened perception of the world. If a character does not perceive the world at this speed, it should logically not possess relexes at thst level, but I suppose that we could chalk it up to suspension of disbelief.

I can change Kirby's durability to unknown, yes.

Antvasima said:
How do you know that Bowser's attacks were MFTL+?
Reflexes mean heightened perception of the world. If a character does not perceive the world at this speed, it should logically not possess relexes at thst level, but I suppose that we could chalk it up to suspension of disbelief.

I can change Kirby's durability to unknown, yes.
Because Bowser tagged Lubba's ship with meteors at 12:45 which Bowser also utilized in his fight with Mario and being able to outrun/fly a black hole is considered FTL in this wiki, if I'm correct. Bowser was able to fly from the black hole towards Mario, delivering a punch. I'm speaking of Mario's reactions, not reflexes.

Well, he is currently rated as having MFTL+ flight speed, not FTL, but I still don't see how we can gauge specific movement speeds from either of them?

Antvasima said:
Well, he is currently rated as having MFTL+ flight speed, not FTL, but I still don't see how we can gauge specific movement speeds from either of them?
That's why I'm speaking for reaction speed. I understand the controversy of movement speed. Mario's obviously not FTL in movement but he can still dodge attacks that move as the meteors Bowser used in his attacks and his punches dispite the massive black hole behind them. Sorta like Tsuna from Hitman Reborn.

BTW, I also recall Megaman Starforce recieve his stats from a black hole. Would you like me to change it?

All right, but we still need some sort of reliable estimation for the meteors' speed levels.

Antvasima said:
All right, but we still need some sort of reliable estimation for the meteors' speed levels.
Well, I would ask the calc staff but I've already requested them 3 caculations and there hasn't been a response for not just mine but most of other's request. Considering Starship Mario is at least FTL, we can at least scale the meteors from that due to the fact it directly hit them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back