• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Transmutation Resistance?

Has this been asked already? It's been on my mind for quite a long time but never decided until now to ask, hence the reason this is on the Q&A board instead of CRT.

Anyways, shouldnt Pokemon gain a resistance to Transmutation (energy only) via the Pokeball? Im sure every Pokemon user here knows that when a Pokemon is released from/returned to it's pokeball, the ball itself turns them into pure white/red energy. And yet this principle doesn't harm a pokemon whatsoever as it constantly happens on a literal daily basis. Plus IIRC they are even stored as pure energy inside of the ball.

To go along with this, unless it's the master ball, Pokemon are only able to be turned into energy and captured by Pokeballs after a trainer uses their pokemon to weaken them in battle. That of course unless your a boss like Palkia that smacked a M.B. away like a fly. Either that, or Pokemon willingly allow themselves to be captured.

Not to mention, the anime has countless moments of Pokemon jumping out of their Pokeballs forcefully (I know no ones forgotten all the Brock and Crogunk moments ovo), so that should tell us something about a Pokeballs level of security with these things.

Case end point, if this does mean something, then Pokemon should get resistance to being transmuted as energy.

It would make more sense for them to just do something to the Pokeball that makes the Pokeball itself restore them.

I actually thought that from the first moment I saw a Pokéball working ovo. Also, iirc they can be transmutated by other pokemons

Yeah, it has sense, they resist to the pokeball itself rather than resisting being turned into... data?

Is it data? I always thought it was a redish or white energy from the pokeball?

Never thought of it being data based (still cool tho).

It's energy. Anyway Trainers with Pokeballs should have some very limited Sealing & Transmutation.

I can see vsthreads in the future with a Trainer trying to catch a Pokemon.

I can agree with Trainer having limited Sealing & Transmutation, but saying that Pokémon can resist it makes no sense when Pokéballs are made specifically to not kill them.

Not really?

They can only prevent the ball from working in the first place, not prevent the beam from the ball from turning them into energy.

That's just how the Pokéball works, not due to the Pokémon being able to turn from energy into matter.

Though, thinking about it, how can Pokémons turn themselves back from being transformed into data in failed captures? Maybe giving them some very limited resistance may make sense. I'm neutral now.

Once that someone resist the capture of the pokeball its effect dissapears from the pokemon, pretty much like any other pocket sealing device in fiction.

Pokéballs just turn them back to normal when they release them. It's not utterly insane to think that it would do the same in the event of a failed capture.

What about when Pokemon literally come out of Pokeballs on their own against their trainers orders?

That wouldnt be the pokeballs doing since the trainer isn't commanding it.

That im not understanding. In a failed capture, the Pokemon are freed because the pokeball gets destroyed (?). In a normal situation it would just be the pokeball in-tact, doing nothing, and the pokemon pops out on their own in "energy form" and then in their original states.

That doesnt sound like the same thing.

I swear I remember an episode of black and white showing the inside of a pokeball, the pokemon was simply in miniature. (Irises dragonite)

Ricsi-viragosi said:
I swear I remember an episode of black and white showing the inside of a pokeball, the pokemon was simply in miniature. (Irises dragonite)
I remember this but there also seemed to be an "energy-field" or something like that around Dragonite as well. I'd have to find a scan of this.

Sad that I actually remember this from such a horrible season....

In both cases, it's a Pokémon coming out of capture by its own will. It doesn't mean that the Pokémon can just turn itself back to normal under normal circumstances.

Ok, then pokemons should have a resistence to trasmutation, they can escape pokeballs even after getting trasmutated, which shows that they are able to do stuff while in that state.

I think we all agreed on trainers having limited transmutation and sealing, and we all disagreed about Pokémon resisting transmutation, especially given that iirc they get transmutated in verse.

I agree with Saikou as well. Pokeballs should have sealing and transmutation but Pokemon shouldn't have resistance.

So, we can add "Limited Sealing & Transmutation (Via Pokeballs)" on the profile or does it need more imput? I can see this matter being forgotten.

Back