• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Transmutation Resistance?

Against non-Pokemons? Nope, and even if it were, it would be super out of character.

There's no reason to belive pokeballs wouldn't work on non-pokemons

also it would be OoC only against other humans, if Red were to fight a Greymon he would think that it was a pokemon and would try to capture it.

Statements of the games saying otherwise?

Pokedex not detecting non-Pokemons as Pokemons?

Naturally I'm against this power being combat applicable or if it works in anyone that is not a pokemon, but even if it works, the target most likely free itself without any type of harm.

Well Regigigas did prevent Brenden from returning the Regi trio to their pokeballs, The red energy hit them and it had no effect.

However Hunter J (The lady that rides the Salamance), turned all the Regi's into gold statues because they protected Regigigas every time she fired. So even Regigigas would have been transmutated otherwise the trio wouldn't have jumped in the way.

What ability would Regigigas have for preventing the Regi's being sucked into their pokeballs?.

Why would the pokeballs differenziate pokemons from other monster creatures ? Pokemons are made of flesh and blood like most other monsters and have nothing super unique to them, so why would something that works on them not work on other creatures ?

That's like saying that mafuba works only on Dragon Ball characters.

Human are also made of flesh and blood, and have nothing super unique to them, your point?

To be fair, in the Pokémon universe, anything with a conscience, that isn't a human, counts as a Pokémon, even a sword possessed by the spirit of a swordsman is a Pokémon.

I'm still having a hard time seeing how a pokemon releasing itself from a pokeball all on its own doesn't count as a resistance feat for them though.

Pokémon have unique characteristics (love fighting, always grow stronger, etc.), saying that everything can be a Pokémon is quite false. Also if we go by in the Pokémon multiverse then animals exist.

Eficiente said:
Pokémon have unique characteristics (love fighting, always grow stronger, etc.), saying that everything can be a Pokémon is quite false. Also if we by in the Pokémon multiverse then animals exist.
that's not enought to say that Pokeball would not work on other creatures.

You realize that regardless, the trainer isn't going to just throw a Pokeball at another human character or something right?

Yeah, no Trainer will ever throw a Pokéball to a human. The thing is, would it work on other creatures? Wouldn't verse equalization take care of that?

I already said how this wouldn't be the case, any arguments against that?

I wouldn't say they aren't there. We just rarely see them. Real World animals doesn't really debunk anything tho.

>"99% of all fictional characters can do that"

Except humans in that verse.

>"also the real life animals are non-canon"

I said "if we go by in the Pokémon multiverse", so no.

How does one call something a "Catfish Pokemon" when the concept of a Cat nor a Fish does not exist?

Ricsi-viragosi said:
It's almost like it's a kids show that didn't think about any of them...
That argument loses any meaning when the concept of Mimikyu and Banette exist.

Do you know how much dark stuff there is in kids shows?

And the english=real world connection is much more fit here.

Yeah I doubt they have real life animals but that's my opinion.

@Andyrenom

The creator of Naruto stated that he doesn't have guns in his show, yet one of his characters reference a the barrel of a gun... Them calling them Mouse or Cat Pokemon doesn't mean much in my opinion, Pokemon says a lot of things.

However this is off topic and It's just my thoughts on the matter, it's whatever, they could have animals, I just don't remember seeing any.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
It's akin to saying that any verse that speaks english is connected to the our world someway
That is such a false equivalency it's not funny.

We aren't talking about languages (Pokemon objectively has it's own writing language anyway)

Here we are talking about official names that are consistent in all canon. How is something a "Mouse Pokemon" when mice aren't a thing?

Back