• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Certain Pokémon Interview and Some Questions

Sniper670

He/Him
This implies that the attacks do kill, but he simply chose to make them faint instead of die, because death bad I guess

Does this give Pokémon attacks that cause opponents to faint something that cause opponents to die in crossverse? Perish Song, Sheer Cold(Already accepted as absolute Zero), Destiny Bond? And ohko moves

Question 1: “Why don’t Pokemon die?”
Tajiri: “When something you’ve raised dies, you feel incredibly sad right? Pokemon’s supposed to be fun and interesting, so I don’t want to make anyone sad. That’s why I decided not to have them die. When they lose to other trainers or wild Pokemon, they faint — but they absolutely don’t die. Since they’ve only fainted, you can take them to the Pokemon Center to heal them. There’s also Cubone, who was born from the thought of how sad it would be for a Pokemon to die. The bone Cubone holds is actually the bone of its dead mother. Cubone treasures it.”

Back