• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Sun and Moon Hype!!!!

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
What are your thoughts on the trailer, starters, characters, legendaries and region? Are you hyped? I sure am!!!!!

The region is waaaay different from what i expected, so i don't really know what i think of it yet. The starters are not that good this time IMO. I'm going with Litten, but i think the Grass starter having dual types since stage one is a bit unfair. At least Ice type is a bit more useful now, lol. I like that the character models are proportional, but the running animation looks kinda weird. I'll probably get used to it after a while though.

I always pick the version based on the legendaries, and while both are awesome, i have to go with Sun.

I hope we get a poison type legendary this gen.

It takes time to get used to the starters. I like them. I'm on team sun and team Litten too. As for types I'm gonna guess.

Littten: Fire/Dark

Rowlet: Grass/Flying

Popplio: Water/Psychic

Solgaleo: Fire/Steel or Fire/Psychic (Dude had a universe in his head lol.)

Lunaala: Dark/Fairy or Fairy/Poison or Ghost/Fairy(Kinda looks like a vampire.)

Oh wait, they revealed the names of the legendaries? Where? I don't remeber that in the trailer... maybe i missed it.

Lunaala is definately a Dark Type (you know, the Moon. Night. Dark.) but i don't know about Fairy. I honestly thought the legendary for moon was going to be Dark/Rock.

Solgaleo is an obvious Fire type, that much was obvious from the start, but i don't really know what his second type could be.

I can see Popplio and Litten being Psychic and Dark, yeah.

Solgaleo and Lunaala are the leaked japanese names that came with the starter names a while back. I'm just sticking to these names for now since they rarely change Legendary pokemon names when going overseas.

i said fairy since most of the moon based moves are fairy type. I still think Dark/Fairy is great. Solgaleo looks like he could be psychic because of that thing on his head.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Solgaleo and Lunaala are the leaked japanese names that came with the starter names a while back. I'm just sticking to these names for now since they rarely change Legendary pokemon names when going overseas.
i said fairy since most of the moon based moves are fairy type. I still think Dark/Fairy is great. Solgaleo looks like he could be psychic because of that thing on his head.
Oh i see... Well, i didn't get those news.

Yeah, that makes sense. Dark/Fairy is a pretty strong combo though.

I can see why you think that, but i'm still not convinced.

Excited for the game, though the non-legendary pokemon seen so far all look kind of terrible. Except the grass starter. It's alright. The others might grow on me, though.

@Sora I like them too. They would be nice to have in the game. But Mega Haxorus would be life!

@NEH True since Golduck has a gem on his head yet no psychic type.

Also to further support my hypothesis on the legendary types think about it, Psychic and Dark would be considered opposites of each other.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Excited for the game, though the non-legendary pokemon seen so far all look kind of terrible. Except the grass starter. It's alright. The others might grow on me, though.
Popplio had to grow on me. I think that we just got to get used to the simplicity of these designs.

I agree completely.... except for the part about the Grass starter. Although now i wonder if the screenshot of a bird pokemon being created was Rowlett's second form....

@Saikou I don't have a problem with how complex or simple they are, i just don't like them that much.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
@NEH like I said it takes time for them to grow on you.
Yeah, i guess you're right. I totally expect their final forms to look good, and tbh, i already like Litten a bit more than the others. But my bias for the fire type is probably part of the reason. I literally had 3 Fire types on my team in Y. Delphox, Talonflame and Pyroar. The Water dude on the Elite Four was hell, of course.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Tfw people complains about design too complex, now they complain about design too simple.
Do people legit compain about the design being complex? Because I loved the starters for pretty much every generation. Not a huge fan of Chimchar, Turtwig, and Tepig, though. Their evolutions are nice, at least.

On the other hand, while I think the grass/flying one is pretty alright here (and it's nice to have an owl pokemon that isn't entirely useless), the other two just don't look very good from a design standpoint. The fire one doesn't feel unique enough to have its own identity to me (take away the red and it looks like a trash pokemon you'd find in the wild and then box forever), and the water one is just...not appealing.

Like I said, they might grow on me though, purely because they're starters so I'll be around at least one of 'em, a lot.

Yeah that is my only complaint. These starters don't stand out too much. We need to see their evolutions.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Yeah that is my only complaint. These starters don't stand out too much. We need to see their evolutions.
Pretty much, yeah. Like I said, I didn't like Chimchar (like...at all), or Monferno, but Infernape really won me over.

Now the question that transcends space and time itself......Will we be able to remove the hat?

Not even Arceus can remove the hat.
Crap, I forgot that is the omnipotent hat. Trainer hat Tier:0 CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Not even Arceus can remove the hat.
Crap, I forgot that is the omnipotent hat. Trainer hat Tier:0 CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!
Azathoth is a Tier 0 entity, and not even him was able to remove the hat. Tier 0 hat further confirmed.

Back