• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordAizenSama

VS Battles
Retired
So Manaphy (and apparently other legendary Pokemon) are scaled to eachother for the sole reason that they are legendaries.

In Manaphys case there is no proof for scaling at all and this type of blanket scaling leads to wanking profiles. Heck within the movie Manaphy has 0 feats and was physically kidnapped by humans, severely contradicting its speed and ap.

So i would suggest instead of blanket scaling how about scale pokemon to pokemon with actual reasons... Not just because they belong to a certain group.

WeeklyBattles said:
A baby that's one day old and has no idea how to even use its powers means nothing?
It means it should be unknown. Not small country level.

Provide evidence please for why it should be small country level

How does a legendary being captured by a human make it any weaker? Arceus was weakened by silver water. You canonically capture Yveltal and Xerneas in X and Y. Doesn't suddenly make them weaker. Using that excuse as an argument won't fly as it is pure PIS.

Ever makes a good point. There shouldn't be any reason why any legendary Pokemon in any circumstances can be captured by humans, especially when that pokemon we are talking about was literally born a day before and has 0 idea on how to properly use its true powers.

Matter of fact is Manaphys profile referencing just the anime? Because theres no evidence manaphy in other incarnations can be captured like that.

Even bog standard Pokemon have Tier 8 feats, I highly doubt a Pokemon meant to be a legendary figure (They're legendary Pokemon for a reason) could logically be captured by humans.

You guys are being ridiculous.

Arceus created the Universe, ok so the silver water and meteor is PIS.

What makes manaphy being captured PIS?? And why are you scaling to snother pokemon for no reason other then it is a legendary? That is not a reason at all

Most legendaries scaling to each other is fine, though those reasons are usually rather obvious.

However, in Manaphy's case, I thought explicitly what made it so potent was not raw power, but the ability to bond with any other Pokemon and the unique ability to swap souls. I could be misremembering, but that's what I recall.

A newborn infant that knows nothing of the world or its powers aint gonna be as strong as a fully grown experienced one, remember this is the verse where the same species can range in power by magnitudes, The fact it's a mythic should put it sbove a multitude of things, maybe not small country but it sure ain't unknown. Isn't there manaphy's in spinoffs? I know there's one in PMD but it's also an infant. I mean we got mega scaling going on do we not? Wouldnt mythic scaling be just as reasonable, hell maybe there's stuff in some obscure manga.

Legendary Pokemon are meant to be like legendary entities when compared to regular Pokemon. Even Magikarp has Tier 8 feats. It's just ridiculous to assume that a Legendary Pokemon meant to be a high figure would be weak enough to be captured by humans, which would be weaker than even regular Pokemon.

@Cal

We scale GoDs because we know for a fact that they're stronger than the like of Goku so all of them scale to Unviersal level and secondly the angels are stronger than the Gods so there's that.

Using OBD (who's using a wrong scaling) to justify a wrong scaling makes no sense.

We're not called OBD, yes?

No everlasting, it is ridiculous to assume it is small country level when it has ZERO evidence of being remotely as powerful as other legendaries.

What is so hard about gathering actual evidence for scaling and not using headcanon? Blanket scaling is just a way to wank profiles.

Define ridiculous. I'd prefer you not you say we are doing so just because you disagree.

It is called complementary scaling. We have had multiple thread for this and I am surprised this is STILL an issue. Pokemon is not the only verse to do so. We in the end decided this was the best way to scale Pokemon for now. The lol feats method led to very unrealistic results. Unless you want us to believe a Corsola is multiple times stronger than the likes of Dragonite or Kommo-o.

I'm not saying it should be Low 6-B, I'm saying that having it captured by humans is a blatant low-end and PIS.

What's headcanon about saying that a Legendary Pokemon being captured by humans (When even regular Pokemon are Tier 8) is PIS?

This is also ignoring the fact that Manaphy being capturable by humans is a major plot point in the movie, whether it's a new born or not. Remember Manaphy was the only way anyone could find the Sea Temple, something that's invisible and constantly travels the oceans. Manaphy has a natural homing instinct that allows them to locate the temple at all times so its the only way a person can find the temple. In other words, without Manaphy in anyone's possession it would be literally impossible to find the temple, preventing any story in the movie from progressing. This should also support it being PIS.

I dont care what other verse you think do this. Two wrongs dont make a right. Make a content revision for them if you want to just like I am.

It is called complentary scaling.

No. Its called blanket scaling because they belong to a certain group that x must be this strong.

>We had multiple threads discussing this

And this is partly why im so dumbfounded that this got through.

Scale characters that have reasons to scale. Its so simple.

There is also the fact that Manap y'know file is NOT just a newborn Manaphy. It is a Composite file. As such the Manaphy in question is not just the one Manaphy.

"The lol feats method led to very unrealistic results. Unless you want us to believe a Corsola is multiple times stronger than the likes of Dragonite or Kommo-o."

I fail to see how this is any different from "They are weak because they look weak". You're basically saying that using actual feats to rank Pokemon profiles was rejected because it didn't feel right.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
There is also the fact that Manap y'know file is NOT just a newborn Manaphy. It is a Composite file. As such the Manaphy in question is not just the one Manaphy.
Ypu could put together a million manaphys and you still have no proof that it should scale to other legendaries.

Even if we say Manaphy getting captured is PIS, is there still any indication that all legendaries scale to each other despite that?

@Ryu Not ALL legendaries are equal to eachother. Their powers varies a lot.

Manaphy has zero feats, none in the slightlest. Explain to me why he scale just for being the status of a "legendary"?

@Blue As you mentioned, BoG Goku is described as being the lowest level of a God Ki user. With his power being compared to a tree stump against the mighty castle that is the gods.

Therefore we can indicate any GoD or Angel should be far above him.

Could we do the same for Manaphy? Since Manaphy is a legendary we know at bare minimum he's stronger than guys like Magikarp yet not scale him to other legendaries? Or is it best to just keep him at Unknown?

I am in agreement with Everlasting, Cal, and Dragon.

Using the "but muh humans captured it" argument is completely fallacious as even Magikarp and baseline Pokémon have Tier 8 feats, and Legendary Pokémon are seem as impossibly powerful and rare, and often there are only one of each in the whole world, and some are even considered gods among Pokémon.

While i have agreed with teh current pokemon scaling, i feel like the justification is a little bit....off this one time

While there is a treshold for a Pokémon to be considered legendary, this does not automatically mean they scale to each other.

Legendaries are mostly considered such via being EXTREMELY rare, aka only one existing in the entire world, or being regarded as deities (the Tapus) despite not having shown feats to support them

@Xcano Except Corsola in verse are not powerful Pokemon when they are so weak that an unevolved Pokemon is their natural predator. I sorry, but no matter how you slice it, Corsola be much stronger than most Pokemon powerhouses is flat out wrong. This was a something discussed previously as well. And we all agreed that it was nonsensical. Nothing has changed since then.

I am more in agreement with Aizen and Thebluedash here. From my own experience with featless pokemons, in fact.

@Dragon Okay, then scale from that unevolved Pokemon and go outwards from there. Don't just do it based on "Well this guy looks pretty strong and he's got an arbitrary label so he's Small Country level".

I still agree that a Pokemon without any feats whatsoever shouldn't be scalled or given a tier "because legendary".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back