• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Scaling Issue (IMPORTANT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel people aren't realizing that Amexim is not arguing for tier 2-B anyone other than those who have the feat of fighting against the dude who doesn't have anything to it being inconsistent for HIM and only HIM.

For example, the S/M protagonist.

Stuff like Pikachu harming Arceus is PIS because he is never portrayed as being comparable to the CT members. Plateless Arceus is < individual CT member

J-man just did.

"5B charuzard.

>2B lucario.

>emerald beat the regi Pokemon.

>zinnia fought latioos.

>lucario vs regi.

>manga lance.

>4A mystery dungeon protagonists.

>2B dusknoir.

>rainbow rocket episode.

Literally goes on forever."

Pikachu vs Regice.

Paul vs Brandon in Gen 4.

It does go on forever.

Then what if Arcues does not have Universal level durability? THat is all it boils down to right? Because he might have Universal level AP but maybe his durability does not scale. Which leads me to believe that pokemon has way lower durability than their AP.

Kaltias said:
Stuff like Pikachu harming Arceus is PIS because he is never portrayed as being comparable to the CT members. Plateless Arceus is < individual CT member
Actually not true Kaltias.

In the manga, plateless Arceus creates an entire set of the trio and controls them with ease.

But thats beside the point. Your still right.

Rocker1189 said:
Then what if Arcues does not have Universal level durability? THat is all it boils down to right? Because he might have Universal level AP but maybe his durability does not scale. Which leads me to believe that pokemon has way lower durability than their AP.
He tanked attacks from tier 2 beings, so no

the entire verse is a PIS shit storm, pokemon it's as inconstente as marvel and DC, we should make a powerscaling rule

Dark649 said:
It's something that we admins decided to maintain consistency if we get hated for this, we will not care since that's rediculos and stupid, so it doesn't need a rational justification. Other wiki's don't allow 4-B Cell and Sephiroth, here we don't allow 2-B trainers simple, the others gotta deal with and don't complain. If Pokémon is not consistent, we regulate it to make it consistent and disgregard a lot of pitiful PIS moments.
Bumping this comment.

I'm not arguing for just anyone to get upgraded-- only those who hold the Legendaries-- and even then-- I am still conservative on who gets scaled to them! Honestly, imo, it's looking good for just the Protagonists and Legendary owners in Rainbow Rocket- specifically Gen 4 Protagonist, US/UM Protagonist, Gen 2, and Gen 3 because they own legends, and the Rainbow Rocket bosses.

I don't even know if the champions scale to these protagonists anymore. But to argue that they can't scale without a reason is ******* idiotic

@Kaltias then this is just a huge mess and I stand by the notion that Trainers should not have scaling with their pokemon.

This is why this thread needs to be relocked immediately and a discussion rule to prevent something like this nonsense happening ever again.

I knew this would escalate this far...

I'm literally just watching the condescending tone and getting the images ready, since I know he will snap at some point.

EDIT: Alright, I'll give my opinion on this in a short while.

@Rocker1189

They can tank attacks from other Pokemon that are around their level tho.

If Palkia and Dialga had better AP then Dura, they would have one shot each other. Hell, any Pokemon would win, if they got the first hit on the other.

Just like how you can beat Akuma with Dan in Street Fighter or beat Whis with Yamcha in Xenoverse, certain Pokemon can beat other Pokemon within games no matter how nonsensical in lore it may be. It's basic game mechanics. And if some instances of a fodder Pokemon beating a Creation Trio member do happen in the story as well, that'd be simple PIS. No need to complicate things and make everyone in the series a multiverse buster.

Rocker1189 said:
@Kaltias then this is just a huge mess and I stand by the notion that Trainers should not have scaling with their pokemon.
We've been over this. I have typed up explanations explaining what trainer files are. This has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

Amexim said:
I'm not arguing for just anyone to get upgraded-- only those who hold the Legendaries-- and even then-- I am still conservative on who gets scaled to them! Honestly, imo, it's looking good for just the Protagonists and Legendary owners in Rainbow Rocket- specifically Gen 4 Protagonist, US/UM Protagonist, Gen 2, and Gen 3 because they own legends, and the Rainbow Rocket bosses.

I don't even know if the champions scale to these protagonists anymore. But to argue that they can't scale without a reason is ******* idiotic
This without the insult, but this.

Ryukama said:
Just like how you can beat Akuma with Dan in Street Fighter or beat Whis with Yamcha in Xenoverse, certain Pokemon can beat other Pokemon within games no matter how nonsensical in lore it may be. It's basic game mechanics. And if some instances of a fodder Pokemon beating a Creation Trio member do happen in the story as well, that'd be simple PIS. No need to complicate things and make everyone in the series a multiverse buster.
Explain manga or when explicitmy noted in game.

Ryukama said:
Literally this to a T.

People need to understand how much PIS is actually in Pokemon instead of thinking it isnt. Is everything PIS? Of course not. But a majority? Yes and this is one of them.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Explain manga or when explicitmy noted in game.
"And if some instances of a fodder Pokemon beating a Creation Trio member do happen in the story as well, that'd be simple PIS."

And I'm not arguing anyone is getting downgraded either. My god, can you guys be serious for a second? Because instead of actually considering anything, you resort to shit posting without any arguments, proving my damn point about this. If you go up and Read my comment up top, you'll realize that I'm playing DEVIL'S ADVOCATE by doing this-- I want there to be a reason for this ridiculous idea not to go through, but there doesn't seem to be.

No. Arceus with his plates isn't meteor level. But any trainer who has been demonstrated to catch Arceus (hypothetically speaking) is Arceus's level with his pokémon. Or at least "possibly".

Or, we could do what my alternative is, and make it so that way the CT are Ultra Necrozma level due to Cyrus's statement about catching them restricting their power. Honestly..m

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
This is why this thread needs to be relocked immediately and a discussion rule to prevent something like this nonsense happening ever again.
I knew this would escalate this far...
We relock it, we will have to go through another discussion regarding rationality. Something I am sure no one actually cares to go through.

Guess Pokemon is riddled with ta much PIS then ta have profiles. Especially with over hundreds of cases being ignored just because.

Ryukama, it's not just the games tho. It's in the anime and manga. And even then, the only things that were consistent in the game's were actual PLOT POINTS.

Ryukama... The dude is not arguing for everyone being multiversal. He is arguing about giving the people who have caught said pokémon having the tier, and if someone has fought them and it's not inconsistent, then scale them. Why is this so hard to understand?

We Admins have no problems to digregard major plot points in order to keep consistency.

Again, "And if some instances of a fodder Pokemon beating a Creation Trio member do happen in the story as well, that'd be simple PIS."

If people legitamately want Multiverse busting Magikarp and don't see an issue with scaling every fodder in the series to supreme gods of the lore like Creation Trio or Arceus there's nothing I can really say. I'm out of here.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Guess Pokemon is riddled with ta much PIS then ta have profiles. Especially with over hundreds of cases being ignored just because.
just beacause iron man fought the hulk countless times, it doesn't make it less of a PIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back