• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Scaling Issue (IMPORTANT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, no, no. Im not letting everyone go with this "I dont agree or I dont believe it". Please, give arguments as to why this is not acceptable.

We literally had the other thread derailed because of this.

Matt, the reason I am pushing for this isn't because I don't think it's bullshit, it's because I haven't seen a rational argument from anyone debunking it yet. Unless you want me to post a wall of text here, I suggest you GO AND READ THE THREAD LINKED AT THE TOP and read all of my comments, as well as Seed's and J-man's.

Read them well, and don't post "it's bullshit and won't be accepted" without SOLID evidence that appears consistently against legend scaling. Please. Because this is the issue here.

I didn't even get a chance to rebut anyone because the thread closed before I got to finish typing.

The Everlasting said:
Literally what even is the argument here?
Cutting it short: People are trying to get 2-B trainers, champs, etc. accepted.

Disagreeing ofc but idk if anyone else is.

To know more, well, you should read the other thread sadly...

>5B charuzard.

>2B lucario.

>emerald beat the regi Pokemon.

>zinnia fought latioos.

>lucario vs regi.

>manga lance.

>4A mystery dungeon protagonists.

>2B dusknoir.

>rainbow rocket episode.

Literally goes on forever.

Read Amex's posts. I said and I quote,

"I should note that I do not give two ***** if we scale notable trainers. I just better not see a 2-B Youngster Joey and his Top Percentage Ratatta running around."

That's all. At the same exact time, I also believe that we should stick to what was agreed upon, however, Amexim notably has disagreements with this method. So yeah. I don't really care.

So, am I a liar, PaChi? Was I wrong? Because I have only seen 1 argument that wasn't incredulity here when I'm typing this, and even then, it's still not a vary good one. Doesn't explain why Cyrus and Sun don't scale to each other, nor does it even bother to explain the literal plot discrepancy-- nor does it address any arguments about why Protagonists can't scale to the Legends they caught, and why no trainers can scale to them. It just repeated someone else's opinion.

Thanks J-man. But, yeah, there needs to be an argument that addresses this issue, otherwise we're lying to ourselves by saying trained Pokémon (and the Mystery Dungeon mons...?) CANNOT under ANY circumstances scale to legends-- when there is constantly more consistent showings of this ridiculous thing to be true than not.

@Amexim Please, dont address me, Im done with this topic. I will accept anything if its agreed by everyone.

Basically I agree. While I am actually neutral for or against it... I tried to give reasons why or why not it won't / could be accepted. That's all he wants.. Arguments. Not opinions.

Well, I already stated what I wanted to state about this issue in the other thread. So... Yeah. Just announcing my presence. ovo

Matthew Schroeder said:
Just chalk it up to PIS and Game Mechanics and move on.
This.

Also scaling every Pokemon character to people who in lore are supreme gods such as Dialga and Palkia is a huge no no. And hopefully everyone here can see the problem with 2-B Magikarp.

Real question is why do trainers even scale to their pokemon in the first place, that made no sense and when I saw that thread about it I knew something like this will happen.

We did. Last time we closed this, the other thread got derailed when discussing rationality, subjectivity and objectivity.

Rocker1189 said:
Real question is why do trainers even scale to their pokemon in the first place, that made no sense and when I saw that thread about it I knew something like this will happen.
We explained it on the Pokemon Trainers and Digimon Tamers thread. Everything was expalined there.

Are doing this? Really? Jesus...

This isn't less or more PIS than any other instances of the CT being affected by lower stuff. I thought we accepted that stuff long ago.

There's literally nothing logical to refute this scaling to my knowledge. It's so consistent that trained Pokémon can fight with legends that the times they don't scale are either evidence of that TRAINER not being strong enough, or OUTLIERS for the verse.

We say that it's an outlier for Pikachu to harm Arceus in his movie. By itself, that's logically acceptable. Arceus is stronger than Dialga and the others, and yet Pikachu hurt Arceus, a being who is infinitely beyond beings infinitely beyond Pikachu.

If that was the only instance of Arceus being harmed by non-legends, that would be the end of it. However, Arceus-- in the same movie-- was harmed by Meteors and other pokémon-- all of them were owned by humans and could be argued to have the strength boost Mons could get while TRAINING-- and Arceus was, of course, weakened without his plates, and Pikachu's harming Arceus is an outlier for Pikachu himself, and wouldn't upgrade him unless we saw some more feats to make a Universal Pikachu possible.

All that to give just one example of Pokémon harming legends-- even the worst example makes us call into Question the limits of Arceus's power.

Let's just say it's a horrible example, Arceus-- pretend like that didn't happen at all, right?

We still have everything J-MAN listed, plus every Protagonist possibly harming Legends-- Pikachu vs Regice, Paul's team against the Frontier Pyramid leader Brandon-- it goes on forever.

Someone shouldn't even have to explain what's wrong with Multiverse busting Magikarp. Not every asinine opinion needs or deserves the time of day.

J-Man, i disagree with most of things since i want to mantain consistency and not a rediculus situation. A trainer with 6 six Rattatas defeating one with 6 Arceus is something i will never allow.

Everyone keeps saying it's PIS without giving a RATIONAL justification and a SOLID argument as to why. My God.

Also, trainers don't scale to their pokémon? What? Do they not have their pokémon on their profiles? At this point, it isn't us that are ignoring Outliers and PIS as concepts, but it is you all who are refusing to acknowledge actual stuff that is in the verse.

Can you please list said "actual stuff"?

Is the Holy Hack n'Slash Trinity 3-A? All of them have outliers on this level.

The ******* strawmanning is hilarious. No one is actually considering this.

And, @J-Man I know, I used the worst example to show how this "inconsistency" they're talking about is more consistent in the verse than they want to believe.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
>5B charuzard.

>2B lucario.

>emerald beat the regi Pokemon.

>zinnia fought latioos.

>lucario vs regi.

>manga lance.

>4A mystery dungeon protagonists.

>2B dusknoir.

>rainbow rocket episode.

Literally goes on forever.

You guys do realize that all this nonsense would only make the CT getting downgraded instead of literally the whole verse getting upgraded, right?

It's something that we admins decided to maintain consistency if we get hated for this, we will not care since that's rediculos and stupid, so it doesn't need a rational justification. Other wiki's don't allow 4-B Cell and Sephiroth, here we don't allow 2-B trainers simple, the others gotta deal with and don't complain. If Pokémon is not consistent, we regulate it to make it consistent and disgregard a lot of pitiful PIS moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back