• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon: Our Non-Legendary Profiles Aren't Good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we just scale from our original plan? Forget levels and such, just keep things to the original plan okay? We are never going to get anywhere like this...

@SD I read the last few replies and it seems most people are against Level scaling (myself included), yet it seems like the changes are still happening, so I was wondering if there was something else we're basing the scaling on.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Can we just scale from our original plan? Forget levels and such, just keep things to the original plan okay? We are never going to get anywhere like this...
It's even worse when you think about it.

Also, what? Remove the levels scaling. We should still be looking lots of case-by-case.

I personally think it's time to aceept that Pokémon is just immppssibke for our wiki.

This is what we had from Azzy's words earlier

Scale most Fully Evolved Pokemon to Corsola. Which you guys are doing.

I guess you are scaling Pseudos to Mountain level?

Pokemon is impossible here. We are simply trying to come up with a compromise here... It is not a perfect solution and it will never be a perfect solution since it is Pokemon. We just need to decide a decent method for now. We can build up upon it over time.

Is scaling case by case and accepting there are flaws in PKMN worse than essentially false stats @Aiden?

I think we should delete all the normal pokemon which powerscale to another and keep the ones with feats stating that they should not powerscale to another. Corsola and Diglet feats are via training, which should not be used.

Corsola gets Earth Power naturally. Plus we really like just got them back. Why delete them instead of at least trying to come to a compromise.

Okay guys. I'm setting my foot down. I don't like abusing my admin privileges, let alone Head-Authority-of-Pokemon privileges (heck, I normally let Aiden take the reigns and ask him for permission), but I'm afraid I'm going to have to set a veto on Dark's idea (no offense, man). Because I did not just spend 5 ******* hours in one place with no food or drink editing a blog that entire time just for the profiles to get deleted. My throats dry as **** and I'm a bit teed off.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...ward/Which_Pokemon_go_where?--Pokemon_Scaling

This is how it's gonna be. Period. Make suggestions, and I'll consider them, but since this is how the conversation wanted to go, I have to be more strict. Note that this is not directed at Dragon. He's been nothing but help this entire time. Dragon is free from the "wrath" (Ugh. That sounded tyrant like), and can make changes on the blog if he so desires.

SomebodyData said:
Is scaling case by case and accepting there are flaws in PKMN worse than essentially false stats @Aiden?
Yes and no. For example, Flygon: Trapinch scale from his move Earth Power, considerably before evolving, then (Going by 2nd stage 8-A+) Vibrava is weaker than its pre evolution, and Flygon is way stronger than it, so 7-B+ is reasonable.

I honestly ask, what is the problem with my suggestion?

Alos, false stats? Really?

The main series is mostly affected by game mechanic, while the anime and manga scaling is a mess and requires to take a lot of time to watch thousands of chapters/episodes to understand better the messy scaling.

Dark649 said:
The main series is mostly affected by game mechanic, while the anime and manga scaling is a mess and requires to take a lot of time to watch thousands of chapters/episodes to understand better the messy scaling.

No, because both anime and manga are feats for trained pokemon, so we can`t use that for scaling.

@Dragon, you are honestly being the light of my day right now (and Joseph for other VSBW reasons). I wish I was kidding. This blog took a ton out of me. I now know how Executor NO feels, and now I'm so into Pokemon that I almost called him Exeggutor NO. Furthermore, I can't stop typing in intricate paragraphs with constant derailments and digressions along with asides in parenthesis. This is legitimately more than the third time this thread today alone.

That's over 750+ files.......And I thought Digimon was bad when it came to editing....70+ files don't seem so bad anymore....

Lucky for me (And it will be me. Did I tell you that I'm seeing a light orange-ish color right now in the textbox? And I still can't stop digressing?), some of the profiles are either not worthy of making, not worth making (There's a difference. Growlithe for example isn't worth making because I already made Arcanine. Stunfisk isn't worthy of being made a profile because it's Stunfisk. And I'm still doing the digressions and asides), or just plain ol' too forgettable (looking at you Farfetch'd)

The concept of being head of the Pokemon profiles has little to no weight here, much less an admin. It's more of a "Tell this one guy you're making a thread about Pokemon status" than deciding the final decision. You do not have the final say so and your attempt to control this thread is definitely something that is not allowed here. If her was diverting from the original topic, sure, but this is not the case. I get that you've had a hard time, but we've all times like those. Heck, for my Leviathan calc it took me a total of 6 hours to find the right formula, for something that had little to no effect to the actual verse. (I actually agree with your suggestions, for the most part [except for levels, legendaries, and pseudos scaling], however, the behavior is something that has to be talked about.)

@Aiden how is using game mechanics and an interpretation of them a problem? Are you seriously asking this?

Way to kill the mood... Look guys, we have a method. Just worry about that. No use in arguing with each other.

Sorry Dragon, but kinda had to do the first part because I'm part of staff (why didn't you do it? hmmm?))

The second part is tots my fault, but still a legitimate question.

Here, I'll put some of my legendary shitpost here soon.

EDIT: What do you mean?

I didn't address because I know Cal likely won't act on that part (Calling his bluff) he likely knew that would catch everyone's attention. Plus I wasn't going to bother with something so irrelevant because...well...it's Cal.....And well......it's Cal. I'm used to his bluffs by now tbh. Plus I'm not a Pokemon head anymore. But it may have been better to do so on his wall and not here seeing as we finally found a common ground....after a year....

SomebodyData said:
@Aiden how is using game mechanics and an interpretation of them a problem? Are you seriously asking this?
Because any other explanation for evolution would be even more baseless than mine.

Also, Undertale scaling may have some things to discuss with you.....

Serisously, this "level" scaling affect only a few profiles and is not like I'm making tier 0 caterpie. I'm saying that some pokemon instead of "likely city level" should be "city level+". Is not something illogical, and even natural scaling supports it.

Ah it was a bluff? That's... still not rather acceptable.

Well it's not anything severe if he told someone to shut up or he'll ban him or called him names then I would have to talk to him in private. This is just a minor call out to cool down.

Common ground yes. Finished, no. (In regards to levels)

Pretty sure that levels are mentioned in those schools you find at the beginning of the games. And in the anime and manga, even in MD

@Pachi so is stuff like "press start to open up the menu", now if you found mention of levels in later game, then we can talk.

@Aiden Actually, the problem is that scaling by levels is an abuse of game mechanics and interpretations. What is the problem with case by case again?

SomebodyData said:
@Aiden Actually, the problem is that scaling by levels is an abuse of game mechanics and interpretations. What is the problem with case by case again?
Im not going to rewrite my flygon example, but just search that word here.

One way or the other, evolution scaling would be here. Also, tell me, what we do with moves effects in the profile? We interpretate them.

How does leveling up translate? Being stronger. Is not the biggest or most unfair abbuse of game mechanics. I don't saw this as abusse, specially on a franchise when growing stronger is so important.

Your flygon example doesn't even use levels....

There are descriptions for them, and are you trying to legitimize interpretations?

Yeah, it does, but only in game mechanics terms.

Wouldn't you have to make a seperate level scaling as well if you're actually going to use levels to scale? For instance any level 100 Pokemon will beat a level 1 Pokemon, so should we scale that level 100 Pokemon to the AP of the level 1 Pokemon it just beat? This is why I'm against using levels to scale Pokemon, it's game mechanics and should be treated as such.

SomebodyData said:
Your flygon example doesn't even use levels....
There are descriptions for them, and are you trying to legitimize interpretations?

Yeah, it does, but only in game mechanics terms.
Levels have been directly mentions in multiples medias. Even the games talks about them.

That's not enought proof for you?

Really? The only one that I can remember that has levels mentioned is in PKMN Adv, but it contradicts the various basis of levels (You don't need to level up to evolve, you can evolve twice, level =/= evolution, etc) Again, pointing out that this beginning entry stuff, like "press b to run"

Don't ignore the question I just asked, please. My answer to your question is no, considering what I just wrote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back