• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon: God Tiers Ability Revisions Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Creating a void by destroying everything is not the same as creating a void via having power over the void. If it's done through space time Erasure, it's not really void manip.

But....they did have power over the void?

In any event, we have many characters rated here who have abilities that act as other one's through that specific ability only all the time. Im not seeing why this is any different than that.

Wokistan said:
Creating a void by destroying everything is not the same as creating a void via having power over the void. If it's done through space time Erasure, it's not really void manip.
^

The real cal howard said:
I only conceded to like, half of the things in the "accepted" pile.
Void manip for the CT is comparable to Void manip to anyone with space time erasure.

@Assalt.

Resistance to Mind Manip for Giratina, Immortality Type 9, Use of All Moves for Arceus, Darkness Manipulation for Arceus

And that's all.

@Cal

So when has Giratina resisted mindhax again?

As agreed on here by a wide margin, Arceus IS the Original Spirit. He is not some physical being that is sustained by another entity, he IS that entity. Nothing about this is Type 9.

Still waiting for a statement that Arceus can use literally all moves. Holding a plate to Arceus and it using a move of that type doesn't prove all moves.

Is Punishment darkness manipulation? You just hitting the opponent's and dealing more damage if they hit you isn't manipulating actual darkness itself. We don't grant anyone with "dark energy" or "evil ki" darkness manipulation, and Punishment falls into a similar category.

Giratina resisted the mind hax of the girl in the arceus movie, which worked on Dialga

It was said that Arceus is the physical manifestation that the original spirit used to interact with reality

Dark type Judgement is darkness manipulation

It's outright said that the Lake Trioworking together wouldn't work on Giratina...

Once again, that would be Type 4 or 8, not Type 9. Type 9 is reliant one oneself.

I'll go into far more detail on number 3 later, about absurd conservatism.

Yes. Yes we do. Not on the evil Ki, but yes for dark energy.

@Assault

Read my comment above for the 1st answer. Giratina resisted Sheena's Telepathy and the LT working together can't sate the CT.

I'll only ask this. If Arceus literally is the original spirit, why would he suddenly be downgraded to be called "The Original One" instead of just O.G.? They make it pretty distinct in-verse that the Original One and Original Spirit are different, at least for the Hiker's story anyway.

Again, using a move of the type that corresponds to the plate isn't the (only) evidence for it.

Dark Judgement like Overlord said. That and Arceus's dread plate making it a dark type would give it darkness powers.

>Void Manipulation

From the official website:

"Cyrus is the boss of Team Galactic, the villainous organization that appeared in Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl.
Believing that the human heart is imperfect, Cyrus held a desire to use the power of the Legendary Pokémon Dialga or Palkia to erase the current world and create a perfect new world. He always conducts himself in a cool and logical way, and he is greatly trusted by his subordinates in Team Galactic."

At least this must be Existence Erasure.

I also seem to remember that Palkia threatens to erase the player and his partner from the existence in PMD: Sky.

>"spirit" only means emotio

"...I should have expected as much. Uxie, "The Being of Knowledge." Azelf, "The Being of Willpower." And Mesprit, "The Being of Emotion"..."
"The Pokémon have come to protect Sinnoh? Pathetic and worthless. It takes the three of them, the three lake Pokémon that symbolize spirit, to balance either the Pokémon of time or space. But they can't maintain balance against the two. Not when both Dialga and Palkia are here. Their coming here is in vain. So much meaningless drama. Now, <player>. You've constantly interfered with my plans, but you will be forgiven. After all, there will remain no spirit for all time when I am done. All spirit will disappear. It will be ripped away... From you! From your Pokémon! From those precious to you...! It is time! My dream will be my reality!"

Affirmed in the climax of Platinum that Cyrus does not consider "spirit" only the emotions.

@Neo

Thank you for bringing that back, however I still believe we should wait until Azzy gets here for the spirit stuff. I'll message him again in a bit if he doesnt show.

Well Spirit only being emotion was dropped a while back. We all accept that spirit is at least composed of all aspects of the LT.

@Prof

Good point with Dark Judgement. I'm OK with Arceus keeping that, then.

I still just disagree with the whole spirit = soul and Arceus being the OS. Has Azzy seen this thread?

Tbh i'm uncertain about why Arceus having a 2-B sized consciousness would give him type 9 to begin with.

It isn't some kind of higher plane, and 4-D people encompassing universes/multiverses is pretty normal anyway.

Ah k. Then that'll return me to my previous question.

If Arceus himself was the OS, why would he suddenly be downgraded to be called a different title like The Original One? Plus according to the Hiker's story about Arceus being the physical manefistation of the OS, the Original One and the Original Spirit are different beings.

@Prof

Because his titles are synonymous. They aren't downgrades. "One" and "spirit" are not upgrades or downgrades of each other.

Arceus = OS = OO.

To use this comparison again, Yog Sothoth is called a lot of different things. Most of the time, it was simply referred to as ENTITY due to it being far, far beyond what could be comprehended. Yog Sothoth, ENTITY, The Nameless mist, and its other titles are not separate characters or even forms. They are different names ascribed to the same being, looking upon it from different perspectives.

Yes but that is kind of a false equivalancy since unlike what you posted, Arceus himself is referred to as a physical manefastation from the hiker's explanation about the OS, making the Original One not the same thing as the Original Spirit.

How exactly does Arceus being a manifestation of the OS preclude the OO from being the same entity exactly?

@Cal

On what just so I know

@Woki

Because the Original One is just a physical form while the O.S. is just awareness for the most part? How is that making them the same thing?

The OO being a physical form doesn't mean that it cant be the physical form of said awareness.

I still think that it's either Low Godly Regenerationn or Type 9 though. A being that primarily exists as a consciousness isn't going to die from say, a Kamehameha.

The real cal howard said:
I still think that it's either Low Godly Regenerationn or Type 9 though. A being that primarily exists as a consciousness isn't going to die from say, a Kamehameha.
It wouldn't be either. It just requires the ability to hit non-corporeals to kill him.

That's just abstract existence, at best. In all likelihood it's non corporeality.

An omnipresent consciousness isn't going to die with his body. I don't care if the opponent can hit concepts, there's no way that'll work.

What sort of concept isn't omnipresent? If the opponent can destroy concepts, not sure why they can't destroy a consciousness.

I'm exaggerating, but I thought my point would still get across. Whether or not the person can hit abstracts, noncorporeals, etc., they can't destroy an omnipresent consciousness with only bodily destruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back