• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

Gen 10 shouldn't be that far off right ? Based on previous release timelines
IIRC, there was an official statement that it'd release in 2025.
If they're going for November like other mainline games, it's way too early.
Legends: Arceus released January 28th, 2022. January 28th 2025 is still over 5 months away from us, but mainline games have gotten spoilers soon.
If they're going for Pokemon Day, they'll release around February 27th, so that's even less likely for spoilers.

way back in 2018 on one of the older pokemon threads i made a prediction that the Nintendo Switch may rival the DS or surpass it for having some of the most pokemon games per platform.

The DS: had roughly 16 games not counting Backwards Gameboy titles

Nintendo Switch: assuming Legends AZ doesnt just random get cancelled leaves us with 14 games....so not quite but fairly close

Bad news everyone....

There was no Pokemon Legends: Z-A Announcement at the Pokemon 2024 World Championships Closing Ceremonies....
That means we must endure more waiting....

Good news everyone!

There was no Pokemon Legends: Z-A Announcement at the Pokemon 2024 World Championships Closing Ceremonies....
That means Pokemon Legends: Z-A is less likely to be a rushed mess....

As for what news we got, it was about:
Pokemon GO is going to get "something big" & also Morpeko which switches forms when using charged attacks.

Pokemon Pocket: A mobile only, digital only card game pack opening simulator we already knew about. It also said coming October 30th, & to "pre-order" now, which some think is either a mistake, or indicating it'll be a paid app....

Armarouge, Ceruledge, Darkrai & Psyduck got an animated advertisement to promote them coming to Pokemon Unite.

We're getting a Trainer's Pokemon Trading Card Game set. It had an animated ad & implied it's going to be full of lots of named trainers' Pokemon.
Yeah, I'm okay with more waiting for Z-A. Just hope they don't do what they did with Legends Arceus and announce it to then announce Generation X a couple of months after.

You can tell the team has ideas and ambition and all, just give them the time to pull them off.

it sucks because pokemon unlike a lot of other companies is owned by three different groups that all have their own interests in regards to the franchise.

it sucks because pokemon unlike a lot of other companies is owned by three different groups that all have their own interests in regards to the franchise.
From what I've heard that's precisely the issue. This sets an unmovable deadline for the launch of each new generation that the game devs just have to stick to, given all the other merchandise and media is already prepared for that same launch date.

All I know is that gen 10 going to be peak
Hoping that what happened with SV was a heads up for Nintendo and Gamefreak to calm down a little with the releases.

In another topic, which country do you think or would like region X will to be based? I think Italy or Greece would be cool. Though I wonder if they ever used Latin American countries they'd actually use individual countries or make an amalgamation of everyone here (because foreign media acknowledging us as separate countries has been very rare until recently, except for Mexico and maybe Brazil).

Hoping that what happened with SV was a heads up for Nintendo and Gamefreak to calm down a little with the releases.

In another topic, which country do you think or would like region X will to be based? I think Italy or Greece would be cool. Though I wonder if they ever used Latin American countries they'd actually use individual countries or make an amalgamation of everyone here (because foreign media acknowledging us as separate countries has been very rare until recently, except for Mexico and maybe Brazil).
While it seems possible, my expectations are they go back to Japan to celebrate where the series began.

Latin America could be kinda neat; Basically none of the Americas have been covered. Just New York in Unova & the nearby island of Blueberry Academy, excluding Genius Sorority's games.

My hopes are for Canada, America (There's a LOT to cover.), Australia, or maybe European country like Germany, Sweden, Norway, etc....
Iceland could also be neat.

While it seems possible, my expectations are they go back to Japan to celebrate where the series began.

Latin America could be kinda neat; Basically none of the Americas have been covered. Just New York in Unova & the nearby island of Blueberry Academy, excluding Genius Sorority's games.

My hopes are for Canada, America (There's a LOT to cover.), Australia, or maybe European country like Germany, Sweden, Norway, etc....
I would love a pokemon region basied on one of the Canadian provinces (Ontario or BC come to mind)

Ooh, ooh! Australia would be sick! Aside the sheer variety of species they have the mythologies you can find there is pretty kickass.

Latin Amercia would allow to base the lore on the three great precolumbian cultures, aztects, mayas and incas, depending on which country is covered, hypothetically.

Germany also would be dope. But now that you mention it, given it's the 30th anniversary next year and gen X it's not that farfetched that they would use Japan again, but they would really need a new spin given modern Japan was full front with HGSS and a more traditional one was with Arceus (even if that game was set in what seemed to be around the Meiji era instead of feudal all in all).

I think the galapagos islands would be cool given it's connection to the origin of the theory of evolution, but we just did the Iberian Peninsula.

Probably when the canon split stuff is sorted out.

It'd be easy to argue for tier 2 Gen 9 legendaries/paradoxes from there if accepted IMO.
BTW, Bob, have you responded to my response in the Nincada revision thread or not? I forget if you have.

I was waiting on that before I go over the Shedinja part of the response.

I mean are the types part of like arceus or the original spirit because I am pretty sure arceus isn't abstract. The first scan for precognition takes place on victory road i.e the place you go to reach the elite four. Also where is Inver?

I mean are the types part of like arceus or the original spirit because I am pretty sure arceus isn't abstract. The first scan for precognition takes place on victory road i.e the place you go to reach the elite four. Also where is Inver?
He is. I didn't say it wasn't obvious. Inver's ability to cause Inverse Battles isn't from Psychic Power, rather his own special gift.

He is. I didn't say it wasn't obvious. Inver's ability to cause Inverse Battles isn't from Psychic Power, rather his own special gift.
I know he refers to it as a strange/mysterious power but he is a psychic trainer I would argue he is referring to power in terms of ability rather than him using an entirely separate energy system

Back