• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

December 13th has hardly begun & I already can't wait for it to be over; The Indigo Disk released on December 14th.

The Indigo Disk should be out soon, if it's not out already!

"While there's no official confirmation yet, it will probably follow the same release time as the first part, The Teal Mask. Based on the same, Pokemon Scarlet and Violet Indigo Disk is expected to come out on December 14, 2023, at 1 am UTC.

Readers can keep a tab on the same from the above countdown timer. We are also providing the predicted schedule for Indigo Disk release time to have an easier time navigating:"

Time ZoneRelease Date & Time
Pacific Time5 pm on December 13
Central Time7 pm on December 13
Eastern Time8 pm on December 13
UK Time1 am on December 14
Central Europe Time2 am on December 14
Indian Time6.30 am on December 14
Japan Time10 am on December 14
Australian Time12 pm on December 14
New Zealand TIme2 pm on December 14
The Indigo Disk release time for major cities is as follows:

CityRelease Date & Time
Los Angeles, United States5 pm on December 13
New York, United States8 pm on December 13
London, United Kingdom1 am on December 14
Paris, France2 am on December 14
Berlin, Germany2 am on December 14
New Delhi, India6.30 am on December 14
Tokyo, Japan10 am on December 14
Sydney, Australia12 pm on December 14
Auckland, New Zealand2 pm on December 14

Get ready to get updating!

I wish I didn't spoil myself on Scarlet/Violet so I could go in blind and play the game for myself. Now I don't feel like buying it cause I already know what happens + I don't feel like paying for DLC.

I wish I didn't spoil myself on Scarlet/Violet so I could go in blind and play the game for myself. Now I don't feel like buying it cause I already know what happens + I don't feel like paying for DLC.
I know what you mean. Though, I might play just to experience being a trainer with Pokemon I like.

Oh & also, given the chance, I would GLADLY trade online just so I can defeat every one of Ogerpon's masked forms with the member of The Loyal 3 that took that mask & maybe also using The Loyal 3's trio master to defeat Ogerpon's remaining form.

So the DLC came out, I still haven't seen much from it cause I kind of want to stay blind until I find a good lets play of it. In other news, I'm starting work on
Lucario (Games) Profile. Btw does anyone know where Transonic for Baby Pokemon comes from?

So this is gonna be kinda (very) stupid for game scaling and I wouldn't be surprised if this was given a hard no, but...

You think we could scale Stellar Form Terapagos above Eternatus since it couldn't even be captured by a Master Ball whereas Eternatus took a bit to shatter a regular Poke Ball after being captured?

I have been thinking about Pokémon physiology page for a while.

Do you guys want to do it?

Like for example adding type 7 immortality to all ghost type pokemon?

I have been thinking about Pokémon physiology page for a while.

Do you guys want to do it?

Like for example adding type 7 immortality to all ghost type pokemon?
IIRC, it has been tried at least once, & also IIRC, there's a blog about it, so that's something to look into to start with.

HOME1025.png

~ "It feeds others toxic mochi that draw out desires and capabilities. Those who eat the mochi fall under Pecharunt’s control, chained to its will."
~ "Its peach-shaped shell serves as storage for a potent poison. It makes poisonous mochi and serves them to people and Pokémon."
This thing is a menace

So this is gonna be kinda (very) stupid for game scaling and I wouldn't be surprised if this was given a hard no, but...

You think we could scale Stellar Form Terapagos above Eternatus since it couldn't even be captured by a Master Ball whereas Eternatus took a bit to shatter a regular Poke Ball after being captured?
probably, I'd say so. Fits given we needed to not just two v one it, but also Tera our pokemon to even beat it and by this point the player and anyone who scales to their mons scale to that high 6-A feat

I feel like multiverse shenanigans mean these events might not have been canon to each other, and no wild Pokémon can be caught while Terastallized.
probably, I'd say so. Fits given we needed to not just two v one it, but also Tera our pokemon to even beat it and by this point the player and anyone who scales to their mons scale to that high 6-A feat
I'm new to the verse. What feat are you talking about?

Nothing specific, just thought it was odd there were virtually no new profiles after such a long time since release. Even pages that got new evolutions such as Kingambit not being updated felt odd.

Once upon a time, I tried making a profile for Penny, but I didn't know what to scale her Pokémon to, so I just put it off. I do remember looking at the Pokédex entries for Scarlet and Violet, though, and I remember Quaquaval's entry mentioning it being able of sending trucks rolling with a single kick or something, so that probably could be calculated and scaled to the Paldea characters.

because Roaring Moon's is pretty obviously intended to appear as an ancient version of mega salamance specifically and it's violet dex entry even makes a reference to mega evolution and implies a relationship:
According to an article in a dubious magazine, this Pokémon has some connection to a phenomenon that occurs in a certain region.

All the other paradox pokemon are future/past variations of the present day mons in their normal forms. Iron Valiant is intended to be a Gallade and Gardevior fusion.

because Roaring Moon's is pretty obviously intended to appear as an ancient version of mega salamance specifically and it's violet dex entry even makes a reference to mega evolution and implies a relationship:

All the other paradox pokemon are future/past variations of the present day mons in their normal forms. Iron Valiant is intended to be a Gallade and Gardevior fusion.
The source the Pokedex uses for many Paradox Pokemon entries is the Occulture magazine, which is considered dubious (among other things.) in-universe, & a lot of Occulture's other claims don't hold up well, putting Occulture under scrutiny as a source.

Also, Mega Evolutions were introduced some thousands of years ago, by a meteorite or such. This would imply Roaring Moon somehow predates Mega Salamence.

Bagon & Salamence's entries also imply that Salamence is a relatively recent evolutionary development; This makes Roaring Moon even more suspect, by being a variant of something it vastly predates the development of.

The source the Pokedex uses for many Paradox Pokemon entries is the Occulture magazine, which is considered dubious (among other things.) in-universe, & a lot of Occulture's other claims don't hold up well, putting Occulture under scrutiny as a source.

Also, Mega Evolutions were introduced some thousands of years ago, by a meteorite or such. This would imply Roaring Moon somehow predates Mega Salamence.

Bagon & Salamence's entries also imply that Salamence is a relatively recent evolutionary development; This makes Roaring Moon even more suspect, by being a variant of something it vastly predates the development of.
It is considered dubious yes, but issues are found exclusively in the academy and the poco path lab. But I suppose for the most part its a shaky source.

Paradox Pokemon afaik have no explicit number for how long they date back or forward too, so Roaring Moon predating Mega Salamance is a possibility.

I have nothing to say about the 3rd point. The wordings of the entries are kinda weird and I don't know what to make of it.

It is considered dubious yes, but issues are found exclusively in the academy and the poco path lab. But I suppose for the most part its a shaky source.

Paradox Pokemon afaik have no explicit number for how long they date back or forward too, so Roaring Moon predating Mega Salamance is a possibility.
Excluding Occulture's claims, but as said, those are indeed dubious.

I'll say this: In what feels like some kind of cruel prank viewed from retrospect, the best means for scaling Paradox Pokemon seems to be found in the base game.

But first: Is anyone able to get screenshots/videos of trying to interact with the desk at the start of the Area Zero Underdepths? Especially before bringing Terapagos to the Crystal Pool?

Back