• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

Regarding the Horizon anime, Liko and Roy have "landing to the ground from some height without issue" feats which could put all Horizon human characters to Wall level (not to say that some other human characters have their individual Wall level durability feats)

Regarding the Horizon anime, Liko and Roy have "landing to the ground from some height without issue" feats which could put all Horizon human characters to Wall level (not to say that some other human characters have their individual Wall level durability feats)
Do you mean other characters have Wall Level Durability feats, or lack them?

Do you mean other characters have Wall Level Durability feats, or lack them?
Other Horizon characters obviously have their own Wall level durability feats. I feel that their profiles could be a good start to separate the game profile and anime profile.

For Horizon, I have found the following feats for them.
[HZ015] Liko jumps from the top of a building to the ground with nothing but briefly losing balance. Her Pokemon did performed the same feat.
[HZ011] Roy casually lands to the ground from near the top of a giant Arboliva. And he climbed this Arboliva before without issue.

Generally, Roy has more Wall level feats but Liko has her feats to back up this rating.

Last edited:
More related to the alphabetical listing comparison line of intrigue:

Translation from Chinese social media:

"Inspired by @abcboy101 the Chinese dataminers looked into items in the alphabetical order lists in different languages.One specific new item (#2549) caught their eyes, it's between "Tera shard Ground" and "Tera shard electric" in Japanese"
Twitter image

"If it wasn't obvious enough, this is a new Tera shard, as all Tera shards are called "Tera shard (type name)" in Japanese. Very likely for you to change your Pokemon into the new Tera type.

Now, what could it be if it's between Ground and electric in Japanese?"

"Ground (じめん) starts with じ, while electric (でんき) starts with で.For starters, the Japanese alphabet goesさ"し"すせそ-たちつ"て"と so whatever the type name is must be between these two letters.Current suggested name from leakers is すてら/ (Stella/Stellar)"
Another Twitter image

"In Chinese, we call tera shards "(Type name) Tera shards". So the type name comes first in Chinese.They concluded it should start as "Xin" or "Xing" in Chinese, which also fits the previous hint from leakers "Xingjing", translates to "Star-crystal"."

"In the numerous characters combination that fits this hint, if we write it into "星晶" then it will mean "Star-Crystal" or "Star shaped Crystal".

Don't you think it looks just like what's in this image?

What do you think it will be called in English?"

Yet another Twitter image
Text reposted for anyone who doesn't want to or can't view the Twitter posts. I also linked to the images on Twitter, embedded in text because media rejects Twitter image links & Insert Image embeds them too big.

The TL;DR is that The 19th Tera type's name is likely to be Stella or Stellar.

Last edited:
So I've started work on a profile revision for the Ralts line. It's still a work in progress but I hope to get I done before the end of the year.
I'm an advocate for base form first.

Goku & Naruto's profiles don't default to their most powerful form.
With Pokemon split evos & megas, it can be ambiguous which is most powerful, or even which is most "iconic", but IMHO, popularity shouldn't be a big factor in how we index things.

Why isn't Growl also listed as Sound Manipulation?

NPI in Pokemon is a controvrsy I don't remember the current stance on, but Gastly is technically physical, AFAIK, as its body is made of gas, IIRC.

Double Team should probably also be Afterimage Creation, maybe Illusion Creation or such?
By moving rapidly, the user makes illusory copies of itself to boost its evasiveness."

Hypnosis should also be Mind Manipulation.

Otherwise, looks good so far.

There's some moves not listed because they were removed in Sw/Sh or such.

If you want any more help with P&A from me, just say so, & I'll try to chime in.

Good luck with this!

I'm currently making profiles for Horizon characters. It surprises me that the Pokemon trainers are physically strong (consistently having Wall level feats, inconsistently scaling to Pokemon). Thinking about Friede physically dodging wild bug Pokemon's webbing [HZ004], and Roy throwing his two Pokemon to the sky [HZ017]. The Pokemon Trainer themselves are not weak in versus debating.

Also, I feel that the Captain Pikachu could have the own profile because this Pikachu's uniqueness.

Last edited:
It needs a task force rather than a person to do so.
I will say that it needs to be looked at piece by piece.

Though, IIRC, there's been stuff in Respect Threads & stuff. Like a Charmander (Or was it a crater?) surviving a crater made by an Onix, Brycen shattering a boulder, Dawn's Piplup making a whirlpool (Or freezing stuff?), storm feats by Dragonair (Multiple.), someone's Alakazam, Ash throwing a log, a Garchomp shooting a Hyper Beam across much of a city....

Are there any specific Pokemon or humans you're interested in the stuff they've done in the anime?

Are there any specific Pokemon or humans you're interested in the stuff they've done in the anime?
I'm more interested in human's feats because Pokemon humans' superhuman strength has been a meme. Recently, I'm interested in Liko because she somewhat resembles to Marcy Wu and it would be easier to check 30+ episodes than checking 1000+ episodes. As I said before, I have found that she has Wall level feats, such as forcing a locked door to open by constantly slamming against it [HZ003]

For Horizon, I feel that Horizon characters are currently not safely scaled to Ash era anime feats due to Horizon being a new series without reoccurring Ash or someone. It could be a new start to our new profiles, as how Horizon starts the new Pokemon anime. Black Rayquaza has a cloud feat when Black Rayquaza is released from the Ancient Ball [HZ006], and I feel that the feat should only be scaled to Black Rayquaza currently due to everyone present are literally unable to fight Black Rayquaza. If the Horizon feats could receive calculations, then it would be good.

By the way, I have posted a question regarding her restoring erased memory (https://vsbattles.com/posts/6228481/), but there is no clear consensus.

For those who can't or don't want to view the Twitter post:

明日12月7日(木)23時に、有料追加コンテンツ『ポケットモンスター スカーレット・バイオレット ゼロの秘宝』の最新情報を公開予定!
公式YouTubeチャンネルで最新映像をお届けするよ。
ぜひチェックしてね!
https://pokemon.co.jp/ex/sv_dlc/ #ポケモンSVゼロの秘宝

Translation:
Tomorrow, December 7th (Thursday) at 23:00, we will release the latest information on the paid additional content ``Pokémon Scarlet Violet Zero's Treasure''!
We will deliver the latest videos on our official YouTube channel.
Please check it out!

Here's a helpful fanmade chart image that shows time conversions for when the new trailer will be uploaded!:
GAp1wO-WIAAS-aI

Figures they'd schedule it for 1 week before the actual release.

For those who can't or don't want to view the Twitter post:

明日12月7日(木)23時に、有料追加コンテンツ『ポケットモンスター スカーレット・バイオレット ゼロの秘宝』の最新情報を公開予定!
公式YouTubeチャンネルで最新映像をお届けするよ。
ぜひチェックしてね!

Translation:
Tomorrow, December 7th (Thursday) at 23:00, we will release the latest information on the paid additional content ``Pokémon Scarlet Violet Zero's Treasure''!
We will deliver the latest videos on our official YouTube channel.
Please check it out!

Here's a helpful fanmade chart image that shows time conversions for when the new trailer will be uploaded!:
GAp1wO-WIAAS-aI

Figures they'd schedule it for 1 week before the actual release.

Trailer comes out on my birthday, sweet

Any human's feats?
Falling from some height (something anime Pokemon Trainers frequently performs) could give Street level to Wall level.
I also recall Ash breaking down some cell bars (That were in a cave.) by tackling them.
Right. If my memory is not wrong, it is in XY anime. Though Liko does not have comparable feat yet, she has forced a locked door to open by constantly slamming against it. [HZ003] (And some fan nickname her "Super Paldean")

By the way, Leafage performed Liko's Sprigatito has impressive visual effect which causes some fans names it "Grass Type Z Move". Dot's Quaxly has a dramatic Water Gun too ("Dot has Quaxly use Water Gun in the air, which alerts Liko and Roy to her location.") [HZ016]

Just a quick reminder that the new trailer will come out in about 13 & a half hours from now, all!
If you wanna be wide awake for when it debuts -It might not be officially streamed, but there might be people doing watch parties or such for it- then you should make sure to be well rested for it sooner rather than later!

"Life at Blueberry Academy includes extracurricular activities called Blueberry Quests—or BBQs for short."

ARGH. That acronym.

"If you donate BP to Blueberry Academy’s Baseball Club, you can change how you throw your Poké Balls. There are many throwing styles to learn. Find your favorite and spice up your Pokémon battles!"

Baseball club is used to learn new throwing styles... by donating to it.

REALLY, GameFreak? We couldn't actually learn by like, throwing in the club ourselves?

"Once you progress far enough in your adventure in The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero Part 2: The Indigo Disk, you’ll be able to use a device called the Synchro Machine to see the world through the eyes of your Pokémon. While synchronized with one of your Pokémon, you’ll be able to move them around and have them battle wild Pokémon—a fresh new way to play the game. It appears that this device is still a prototype. You’ll be able to use it once you help a scientist in the Terarium with her research.

You can also use the Synchro Machine when playing via the Union Circle, so you and your friends can experience the world of Pokémon together in a brand-new way!"

This could make for an interesting challenge; If you're only 1 Pokemon per player, imagine trying to do stuff like, say, catching Legendaries.
Shame it's only Wild Pokemon.
It'll be neat optional equipment, & I hope this comes back in future games. Sadly, unlike Koraidon/Miraidon becoming able to fly, this description doesn't seem to imply it becoming permanent nor usable anywhere.

Are there anime Horizon supply source which states the height of Horizon characters' pokemon? We have considered anime and game separated continuities.

Last edited:
So I've started work on a profile revision for the Ralts line. It's still a work in progress but I hope to get I done before the end of the year.
So little update on the Ralts line Profile: I'm mostly done with the P&A side of things only needing scans and refs for the moves. Idk what I should do about scaling tho. Should Ralts stay Low 7-B or become 8-C cause I think the Low 7-B scaling comes from the anime.

So I have a few more questions about stats: Is the current speed scaling Massively Hypersonic+ for first and second evo's and FTL for 3rd evo Pokémon? Should I keep "tens of kilometers with most attacks" cause idk where that comes from.

For LS should Ralts and Kirlia just be unknown cause class K comes from the Anime and I don't think there are any other game LS feats they would scale to.

Iirc we have no TK feats calced so they would still be featless.
Ah yeah. Most TK feats are from the games, right?
Hmmm....

Confusion:
SVThe target is hit with a weak telekinetic force to inflict damage. This may also confuse the target.

Psychic:
SVThe target is hit with a strong telekinetic force to inflict damage. This may also lower the target’s Sp. Def stat.

Hmmmm.... On one hand, the anime always has the affected be telekinetically manipulated.... But hitting with a strong telekinetic force isn't NECESSARILY the same as telekinetically lifting.

For LS should Ralts and Kirlia just be unknown cause class K comes from the Anime and I don't think there are any other game LS feats they would scale to.
Oh wait, right.
There are LS feats in Seismic Toss, as well as Fling. The latter depends on items, but can include stuff like a Big Nugget, which is just a sphere of gold.
Or should we assume any Pokemon being able to do that as game mechanics?

Oh wait, right.
There are LS feats in Seismic Toss, as well as Fling. The latter depends on items, but can include stuff like a Big Nugget, which is just a sphere of gold.
Or should we assume any Pokemon being able to do that as game mechanics?
I don't think it would be game mechanics. Though I think a Seismic Toss would be worth calcing I'll note that a description of the moves says it "Throws the target with enough force to flip the world upside down." which might be worth a whole different calc.

Back