• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd hope we get some other pokemon here that are non-legendary. Those with dex feats only though, those that require scaling would be best left out.

Besides, Machamp's arms are legendary.

Yeah seriously we dont have to scale them just make ones that have actual feats, there are plenty of AP, Speed, and Durability feats in the pokedex

Its funny, using that Earth Power calc makes Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Diglet and Dugtrio, Slugma and Magcargo, Corsola, Nosepass and Probopass, Numel and Camerupt, Trapinch Vibrava and Flygon, Baltoy and Claydol all 8-A to Low 7-C

I really find it funny how Corsola can solo a handful of verses with that calc. Let alone Magcargo being casually 8-A.

I just named all the non-legendaries but if Heatran doesnt have anything that puts it above 8-A/Low 7-C then yes Heatran too

This might not be a serious feat, but Victreebell can melt a grown human bones and all in a day. Also, a Mamoswine was frozen for 10K years and woke up. Eat your heart out Captain America.

WeeklyBattles said:
I just named all the non-legendaries but if Heatran doesnt have anything that puts it above 8-A/Low 7-C then yes Heatran too
I feel like Heatran has something in one move that scales it to Regigigas, but I can't recall.

Whoops. Just checked. Wasn't in a movie, but in the manga. Charon takes control of Heatran and uses it to fight Regigigas, who had joined up with Diamond. It seems the battle was pretty evenly matched, with it eventually being the Lake Guardians themselves tilting things in Regigigas' favor after everyone enters the Distortion World.

I laughed at this.

Parasect
The 'dex says: "It scatters toxic spores from the mushroom cap. In China, the spores are used as herbal medicine." (FireRed)

Why that doesn't make sense: Kanto. Johto. Hoenn. Sinnoh. Unova. China. One of these things is not like the other. While it's easy to assume that the Pokmon world is a land of its own, Parasect's Pokdex entry grounds the whole thing squarely on Earth. Well, that, or there's another planet out there with humans, and a country called China which has a history with using mushrooms as herbal medicine but that doesn't explain why Raichu's entry specifically mentions India. Then again, Earth doesn't have any Pokmon on it, leaving this 'dex entry square in WTFville.

Heatran fought Regigigas in the manga, but then again, Regigigas fought a good amount of pokemon, seeing how he belonged to one of the main characters.

The real cal howard said:
Heatran fought Regigigas in the manga, but then again, Regigigas fought a good amount of pokemon, seeing how he belonged to one of the main characters.
Heatran was one of its final confrontations, though, seeing as it was fought while they were in the Distortion World, which was near the very end of the arc.

One more thing (for now)

Infernape's Pokedex entry states that its fire on its head never goes out. Depending on what kind of monkey it's based on, we could use its lifespan to determine the energy output of the thing.

WeeklyBattles said:
Scientist Taylor of Silph Co. mentions that there is another branch in Russia.

Mew was first discovered in South America, according to the logbook in Cinnabar Mansion.

Gold This strong and skilled swimmer is even capable of crossing the Pacific Ocea just by kicking.
Ruby Delibird carries its food bundled up in its tail. There once was a famous explorer who managed to reach the peak of Mt. Everest thanks to one of these Pokémon sharing its food.

You guys are forgetting that whenever Tyranitar goes on a rampage he destroys mountains and rivers forcing people to re draw maps after he's done.

I think that's a Dex feat which would put him around 7-B or 7-A

Yup, Gothitelle has Spatial manipulation and Precognition ("It can see the future from the movement of the stars. When it learns its Trainer's life span, it cries in sadness." "They can predict the future from the placement and movement of the stars. They can see Trainers' life spans." )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back