• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Gamefreak tried to make the Golems uber mysterious, but didn't make them interesting enough, and what little lore we have on them doesn't seem to really come together. We know Registeel is from another planet and...thats it. Nothing that I know of implies that about the other Golems.

Kanto Gengar I hate. Gen 2, Miltank for obvious reasons and Dewgong, for TFS Nuzlocke reasons. Gen 3 is Torkoal. Gen 4 I have a love-hate relationship with Garchomp, but absolutely hate Lopunny for Nuzlocke reasons. Gen 5 I didn't really hate anyone.

The real cal howard said:
Kanto Gengar I hate. Gen 2, Miltank for obvious reasons and Dewgong, for TFS Nuzlocke reasons. Gen 3 is Torkoal. Gen 4 I have a love-hate relationship with Garchomp, but absolutely hate Lopunny for Nuzlocke reasons. Gen 5 I didn't really hate anyone.
Dewgong Cries for 10 Minutes
Dewgong Cries for 10 Minutes

Gamefreak proceeds to make Alolan and Mega Dewgong just to piss you off XD.

The Golems are...weird. Getting them in R/S/E and ORAS is incredibly specific for no real reason whatsoever, and the method of getting Regigigas in ORAS sounds like some bullshit schoolyard urban legend kids would tell you before the internet was as accessible as it is today.

Hell, Regigigas is the only legendary I can think of that spawns at LEVEL 1 (in Platinum).

I also do not like Combuskin specifically, May always kicked my butt before I got to Mauville City in RSE

FanofRPGs said:
I also do not like Combuskin specifically, May always kicked my butt before I got to Mauville City in RSE
One of my reasons for hating Blaziken actually.

FanofRPGs said:
You too? I mean, she kicked my butt regardless of my starter, but I used Treeko the most.

Also. Hate Arbok in HGSS. Will not be missed. But will never be forgotten. Rip Ivan Ooze the Slugma...

Gen 3 in my opinion was that Makuhita. I swear that Vital Throw would literally one shot or come close to every pokemon I had when my team was Grovyle, Lombre, Taillow, and Zubat. Zubat could take it, but I had terrible moves at level 15 :/

@Ploz I feel you dude. That Makuhita is still the bane of my existence. I typically play hard mode hacks and I can tell you, they made Makuhita even harder.

******* spoilers, guys. I'm not up to date with the TFS Nuzlocke yet. This is the last place i expected to get spoiled, too.

Nah, don't worry about it. Now that i look at it, i'm so insanely far behind, i guess i shouldn't even be complaining about spoilers.

OMG it's Blue!!!
I'm more excited about Red since it looks like he's gonna go all the way to Kalos meaning we finally get some sort of answer as to what happened after his battle with Gold.

I will provide some informations: This pokemon Generation, Pokemon Origins spiritual successor.

Pros:

-
18 episodes starring Red and other characters, that will expand several stories such as how Blue defeated the Elite 4 and other events that will show all the regions (Red hunting several leggendary pokemon like Regigigas and Zygarde), except Aloa.

-This series will approach some mature tones, like Origins and will feature famous Pokemon characters such as N and Looker.

-It's not Ash Ketchum.

Cons:

-
Each episode will last only 3 to 5 minutes.

-Despite the confirmation of Giovanni, Cyrus, Ghetsis, AZ and Lysandre, it's probable that Maxie, Archie and Archer will not make an appearance.

Dark649 said:
Maxie, Archie and Archer will not make an appearance.
At least they knew the who the liter of the bunch were,if it had been anybody else I would have flipped.

But as much as it looks awesome, it's as if it would physically hurt the Pokemon company to give us something like a full length series without Ash.

He's a Team Rocket Admin/Executive, you know, that pathetically easy "boss fight" in G/S/C. He was also in FR/LG, apparently...rocking a generic Grunt sprite.

Not necessarily? I don't really see why it would.

So now we have 6-C Volcarona, 8-A Magneton, 7-C (?) Machamp, any other regular pokemon with calcable pokedex feats?

We still have our 7-C Charizard and 7-B Gyarados. I'm also pretty sure that you could calc Abomasnow's blizzard too.

Hmm, going through all the pokedex enrties (Yes im going through every pokemon) Blastoise can punch holes in concrete and reinforced steel, Pidgeot can bend large trees by flapping its wings hard, Raticate can topple concrete buildings by chewing on them, Nidoking can casually topple metal transmission towers and snap telephone poles and can pierce diamond with its horn, Dugtrio can cause massive earthquakes just by tunneling underground, Golem can tank dynamite without any damage and can blow itself up with enough force to blow it over a mountain, Ponyta's hooves are 10x harder than diamond and it can jump over the Eiffel tower in one leap, Cloyster can tank bombs and missiles without any damage...more in a bit

According to the Earth Power calc, Ampharos has a kiloton illumination feat potentially. It's upsetting that we had to remove a bunch of Pokemon profiles...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back