• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get over the fact that Ash looks ******** and Charizard is wearing something that won't look out of place in a dominatrix.

I heard Ash will be going to school here as well.

The Ultra Beasts look incredibly out of place in the Pokemon universe... and I actually kinda like that. Gamefreak seems to be making a big deal about them not being people or Pokemon, but something entirely different and unknown.

Also jfc that Ash pic.

I hope they won't pull out a cliche "They are alieeens", because it has been esthablished that even Aliens Viruses are Pokémon.

I like the higher dimensional hypotesis.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
The idea of something above Arceus would be interesting as well but eh.
I think the verse pretty much shot that concept in the foot with the lore explaining that before Arceus, there was literally nothing, and that Palkia is claimed to control parallel universes and dimensions in the Pokemon verse.

Update on the anime.

It airs november.

Ash gets a Z-ring.

He meets the Melemele Island guardian, Tapu Koko (god that's a crappy name).

Ash is apparently "going to graduate like never before" (It's written on the poster according to kotaku, I think it's the small circle at the bottom right full of text).

Schooled
Lol at Elite Four tier pokemon trainer going to school. Probably to learn how aging works, and maybe something pokemon-related like not trying to hit a ghost type with a fighting or normal attack.

He's going to graduate at all since the last time he went to school to attend classes iirc, he ditched it after one session of getting Pikachu schooled.

At least, that's my interpretation.

Really hoping he gets fangirls going "notice me Ash-senpai!" just for the hell of it. Maybe, a priviledged annoying little fangirl gets the chance to be his travel (not really) partner, along with another nerd or something.

Being friends with god and being immortal does not excuse your sorry ass from not attending school Ash.

You know what would be funny? Ash's school being no pets allowed and Pikachu has to go to Oak with everyone else.

29. One Tauros got to feel like a winner for a day =3

I just thought of something. What if Pikachu was a psychic type all along, and it was using its latent psychic power to keep Ash from aging!?

Has Ash ever even HAD an education before? Honestly i think he NEEDS this badly to become far more competent

But i theorize that the school thing might be something like Duel Monsters Academy from Yugioh GX. Hopefully its something like that.

Anime4Life2020 said:
Has Ash ever even HAD an education before? Honestly i think he NEEDS this badly to become far more competent

But i theorize that the school thing might be something like Duel Monsters Academy from Yugioh GX. Hopefully its something like that.
It would still be ridiculous though. Ash is Elite Four tier, he has no reason to go to a battle school. Unless he's going as a teacher or something... But that would be even more ridiculous.

I can see something like this happening:

Ash: I shouldn't even be here. I was in the Pokemon league.

Teacher: Yes, and remember all the times you've never won it?

Ash: Hey! I won the Orange Island League.

Teacher: Oh really? Orange Islands? That sounds like fun. Tell me, is there a game on that?

Ash lifts his finger, and then sits down.

True but dont forget Ash gets a reset when going to each region to get a challenge out of something. It's only fair that he could go through a new experience such as this, especially when Sun and Moon doesnt deal with all the gyms and leagues now. Its literally a whole new challenge for Ash, something totally brand new (adding all the other new stuff this Gen has too). If they didnt reset him I'd agree with you more.

Besides, it could help him since Ash may be an elite 4 tier trainer, but he's still a rather incompetent trainer at times. And lets face it.......Ash has always been an idiot and at his age he should have been in school a LONG time ago like everyone else. He's basically the only kid trainer who has no real education to his name. Plus his mom could have forced him xD.

But i see this as a good opportunity because if we combine serious ash with smart educated Ash he might even be champion tier in this anime

I've wanted to say this for awhile. People give Ash a to of crap for not winning and call him a crappy trainer when in fact he is by far one the most skilled trainer characters in the series, despite having his slow moments(Best Wishes, the only thing I disliked from Gen 5). People often compare him to Red who became Kanto's champion. But tbh Red isn't really that good compared to current Lance, Cynthia, Alder, Diantha or Steven. Plus the Pokemon League System is different from the game ones. Ash has to beat trainers who are just as skilled as he is to win so it is honestly realistic for him to lose each time...except to Cameron.... Heck he would've won in Kanto if it wasn't for the BS rule of Sleep=Faint. We all know if Sparky hit Charizard he would've went guns blazing and beat Richie's team. Johto was meh(I hate Blaziken. Second to only Palkia. I'll tell that story another day.). Hoenn was meh. Tobias was a hack. Unova was PIS, yes PIS. Alain was an honest to goodness fair fight where both sides could've won, yet one trainer was just a little bit stronger.

@Dragon. Seeing how I'm a Sceptile guy myself, I can look past Blaziken. But why Palkia? I actually hated Greninja. He was op in all the media. The show. The games. Hell, even SMASH.

The real cal howard said:
@Dragon. Seeing how I'm a Sceptile guy myself, I can look past Blaziken. But why Palkia? I actually hated Greninja. He was op in all the media. The show. The games. Hell, even SMASH.
Insert obligatory "nerf greninja" joke here.

uggh You wouldn't understand the pain Palkia brought me in my life. Here is all the events that have just made Palkia into my most hated pokemon and Dialga into my most loved pokemon.

1) SSBB. For some reason when me and my two buddies played brawl, Palkia only came after ME! However, Dialga always helped me. So Strike 1 for Palkia.

2) Pokemon Platinum. Dialga was easy for me to catch. Palkia? Oh no. She had to spacial rend EVERYONE!!! and Hydro Pump. Each time Spacial Rend got me with a critical and took out a party member. Took me 3 tries in contrast to Dialga's 1. Strike 2 for Palkia.

3) SSBB Again... Just read number 1...... Strike 3 for Palkia, normally she would be out but she has more strikes, so overkill.....

4) Pokemon Platinum Again... So I tried to use Palkia in battle. For some reason it loved being used by others, but when I tried, it sucked unlike Dialga....Waste of time.(Dialga pun.) Strike 4 for Palkia.

5) ORAS... The last needle in the coffin. Pretty much example 4, but worse. So I hope you all are aware of the Blissey farms, if not google it. So I'm just leveling up mons for the sake of being able to creating multiple unique teams. Palkia's PHYSICAL attacks could not kill a damn BLISSEY!!!! Y'know the one in which if you pretty much tap it it crumbles? Yeah that one. So it slowed my grinding by so long. Heck, in battle it is never useful to me as she does no damage unlike the always faithful Dialga. Or sometimes she is in a good mood and decides to do something. Inconsistent just like my choice of Her and It.

For those wondering about why I call Palkia a she, it's because it's based off of Izanami. Also my Blaziken rant will come some other time.

Blaziken is a Pokemon I hate with a burning passion now. My sister used it against me in competitive play in every match, even after it got banned from play. That thing with Speed Boost can tear you up.

^ Palkia is one of may favorite legendaries :(

The Pokemon I hate are Dusclops (Damn you Gen III Phoebe and your protect + full restore spam), Altaria (Wally solo'd my team with it), and the three golems (So many ultraballs used for them on Emerald)

FanofRPGs said:
^
Palkia is one of may favorite legendaries :(

The Pokemon I hate are Dusclops (Damn you Gen III Phoebe and your protect + full restore spam), Altaria (Wally solo'd my team with it), and the three golems (So many ultraballs used for them on Emerald)
I like Altaria since it never gave me any reason to dislike it. The Golems aside from Regice and all break apart for all I care. Too much to try and catch them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back