• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ times 100. I'm positive ice beam will screw over Rowlet's final, and any water attack for Litten's Popplio family is the strongest.

The real cal howard said:
^^^ times 100. I'm positive ice beam will screw over Rowlet's final, and any water attack for Litten's Popplio family is the strongest.
Inb4 Popplio can't learn Ice moves for whatever reason.

NotEvenHuman said:
The real cal howard said:
Inb4 Popplio can't learn Ice moves for whatever reason.
All water should be able to learn any ice type moves

Side note: anyone sensing a Water/Fairy type vibe from poppilo?

LordAizenSama said:
I thought it was because life adapted to the islands and therefore they had different typings... sigh.
It technically is, from a lore standpoint. As it should be, seeing as it's based on stuff such as The Origin of Species.

Which is exactly why a regular Pikachu evolving into Alolan Raichu is ******* stupid. Alolan forms should evolve into alolan forms, like with Sandshrew, Vulpix, etc.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
LordAizenSama said:
I thought it was because life adapted to the islands and therefore they had different typings... sigh.
It technically is, from a lore standpoint. As it should be, seeing as it's based on stuff such as The Origin of Species.
Which is exactly why a regular Pikachu evolving into Alolan Raichu is ******* stupid. Alolan forms should evolve into alolan forms, like with Sandshrew, Vulpix, etc.
I mean seeing how pikachu is their most recognizable pokemon and mascout and all i kinda see the reason why they didn't touch him

Faisal Shourov said:
Is Aolan form an evolution or just change in appearance based on day/night?"
It's real life evolution,they needed to adapt to a new environment so they did changing their appearance,types and maybe stats and moves.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
I mean seeing how pikachu is their most recognizable pokemon and mascout and all i kinda see the reason why they didn't touch him
It's not just pikachu, though.

We see the same with Exeggute and Cubone.

Like, if Alolan Meowth evolves into regular Persian, I'm gonna be pissed.

So the two are different versions? Not different UBs? Noice. This means moar Ubs. Although I'm not really fan of the UB-02s, I still prefer 01.

Both are awesome, I just want my faithful dog companion to STAY my faithful dog companion :p

I think they just confirmed split starter evolutions, remember when they said they shared the same secret as Rockruff.

If I had to guess, a promo for the next movie/anime which takes place in Alola. Can't wait to see more of Alolan Oak in it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back