• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sceptile was fighting dead evenly against Blaziken IIRC, could that powerscaling be allowed, has Sceptile fought May's Blaziken at other times?

Doubt you can get any non-anime feats off of Blaziken. You might be able to get something out of Swampert though, who can shatter 1 ton boulders in one swing. Fragmentation values.

What tier do you guys think the giant Alakazam, Gengar, and Jigglypuff would be from "The Ancient Puzzle of Pokemopolis" be from Season 1? I'd say Town level. They're also pretty haxxed.

Cal, what about specific Pokemon like that one weird Clefairy from the manga who at one point became Mew 3, no joke.

What are the rules about those?

@Fan, OBD says Beheyeem has MFTL+ feats, but they're a bit sketchy imo.

So I was looking for feats/calcs. Basically everyone who learns Earth Power naturally is Small Town. Yes, Corsola can match RWBYs god tiers. What the crap.

Dodrio has Superhuman speed (40 MPH)

Archeops has Peak Human speed (25 MPH)

Golurk has Supersonic Flight Speed at least (Dex Entry just says "Mach Speeds")

Cal said something about Gliscor having a decent speed feat.

Taken from my post a while ago: Blastoise can punch holes in concrete and reinforced steel, Pidgeot can bend large trees by flapping its wings hard and can fly at Mach 2, Raticate can topple concrete buildings by chewing on them, Nidoking can casually topple metal transmission towers and snap telephone poles and can pierce diamond with its horn, Dugtrio can cause massive earthquakes just by tunneling underground, Golem can tank dynamite without any damage and can blow itself up with enough force to blow it over a mountain, Ponyta's hooves are 10x harder than diamond and it can jump over the Eiffel tower in one leap, Cloyster can tank bombs and missiles without any damage...more in a bit

Well, Dugtrio and Golem have Small Town feats due to Earth Power, I think Golem would too. I recall Arbok being stated to be able to crush metal objects with ease for what thats worth.

The real cal howard said:
What tier do you guys think the giant Alakazam, Gengar, and Jigglypuff would be from "The Ancient Puzzle of Pokemopolis" be from Season 1? I'd say Town level. They're also pretty haxxed.
I'd put them higher at maybe mountain level at least. They were planetary threats even Bulbpedia admits this. Alakazam and Gengar while fighting were gonna destroy the world. I would say mountain level since despite the threat, it was nothing like what Groudon and Kyogre were doing. That way it will give them a good rating without being too close to the weather trio.

Also no Sceptile should be much higher than wall level. Dont forget it beat Trollbias's Darkrai after resisting its Dark Void and Dream Eater combined.

And his Darkrai could solo all 8 Sinnoh gyms, along with every trainer in the Sinnoh league who beat them pre Ash battle effortlessly. I highly doubt any of the Gym leaders pokemon are equal to or lower than Wall Level....

Darkrai has a City level+ feat I think, but we can't scale Pokemon to each other unless certain circumstances due to the level of inconsistency in the series. If we can accept Move Tutor moves, then Grovyle might be boosted to a respectable level.

Technically theres no such thing as "tutored" moves in the anime unless under very special occasions. Almost any and everytime in the anime Pokemon can naturally learn TM's, HM's or tutor moves so if we are using anime Grovyle/Sceptile then the tutor moves should be factored in.

Hmm, just checked Charizard's profile and it does in fact have Blast Burn, so maybe we can add in Frenzy Plant and Hydro Cannon

Darkanine said:
Darkrai has a City level+ feat I think, but we can't scale Pokemon to each other unless certain circumstances due to the level of inconsistency in the series.
Darkrai is ******* impossible to rate. The one in M10 held off Palkia and Dialga and was a good guy, the one used by Tobias lost to sceptile, and the one in the games ******* murdered a family and is enemies with Cresselia.

Wait, Darkrai murdered a family in PMD? Dang. That thing is more evil than I thought, and that's saying something...

I think it's safer to put different Individual Pokémon as seperate instead of scaling them all to the species itself.

The real cal howard said:
Wait, Darkrai murdered a family in PMD? Dang. That thing is more evil than I thought, and that's saying something...
The main series, actually. If you go right from Lentimas Town in B2/W2 but pass Reversal Mountain, there's a rundown old house. Inside, and after some exploring, you'll meet the ghost of a young girl, who suggests that Darkrai essentially murdered her whole family by putting them all into a state of sleep from which they couldn't wake up. She then gives you the Lunar Wing and tells you to go find Cresselia, probably so you can like...not die.

Same as Wobbuffet:

-Shadow Tag you

-Keep Countering and Magic Reflecting everything you do

-Rip.

it's cheap, it's easy to pull off and hard to counter if you don't have anyone in your team to counter it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back