• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon Creation Mythos CRT (Type 2 Concepts inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Distortion World isn't specifically mentioned anyway, but it doesn't matter as the Distortion World wouldn't be the Type 1 anyway, because of the whole defeating Giratina destroying it and it being not Abstract, it would be being the Embodiment of the Concept of Anti-Matter thing.

I don't know exactly what happened here that was mentioned to me, but I think some of you understood what I said wrongly

I said that by going through the descriptions of the myths and intention behind the Creation Trio, they could indeed have Abstract Existence. BUT, I also said that Pokémon ended up having many descriptions that contradict many of these aspects and such contradictions were never really resolved, only headcanon is created because it "makes sense" to explain this type of thing.

If the contradictions did not exist or were resolved, of course I would agree, but as it stands, I am at most neutral in this regard.

Well, idk how clear one wants it while conforming the games for kids and not have it sound like convoluted rocket science shenanigans (which wouldn't go well in terms of sales).

That being said, my stance is still the same: ok with Type 1 AE and Immunity Soul Manipulation, disagree with Type 2 Concept Manipulation.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Oh god all the comments...
For now, having only read the OP, I agree with type 2 concept and sleep immunity, and am neutral over type 1 abstraction.

Will try to read through the whole thing.
Also Ricsi agrees with Type 2 Concepts.

The fact their true forms are depicted as being completely non-physical, they are the reason their concepts were birthed into existence, they existed before matter and were born in a primordial void, and some other points I'm probably missing.

them preceding matter and spirit, being shown as abtract masses of cosmic energy, being called beings of time and space and the fact the lake trio, who the creation trio would be similar to in nature, were said to be part of every being with a soul

There's probably something to justify type 2 concept hax, but this ain't it, chief. That said, I agree with soul immunity and AE type 1

What are the conclusions among the staff members here?

Well, it tends to save time, and the staff are supposed to evaluate the regular member comments.

Okay, so what are the summarised general conclusions here?

Type 2 Concepts are completely rejected as it was based on a wrong understanding of what it takes to be Type 2.

Immunity to Soul Manipulation because of predating Souls is accepted.

Nothing much has changed about Abstract Existence Type 1, as people either accept it for the Trio being the Concepts of Space/Time/Anti-Matter and showing their True Forms lack form to interact with besides the Concepts, are Neutral, or Reject it as they don't feel theirs enough evidence of their True Forms lacking anything besides the Abstract.

Okay. What was accepted can probably be applied then.

Well, as I mentioned, what the staff and the regular members have agreed about can probably be applied.

The Soul Immunity agreed upon was added a couple of days ago, at this point the only thing to do is wait for Staff opinion to the Abstract Existence, but considering I already messaged everyone some time ago I don't expect anything to change.

Okay. You can tell the people that commented earlier that I would appreciate their help if you wish.

You should ask the staff members that commented earlier to do so again.

Everything12 said:
That probably further proves my point, because if the Distortion World existed before Giratina was banished to it why would it disappear if Giratina was defeated, unless it created and was tied to that World.
What if it made it before it was banished?

Antvasima said:
Okay. You can tell the people that commented earlier that I would appreciate their help if you wish.
You still need to do this if you want anything to happen here.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.

Cause the revisions is sorely needed. Apparently DB vs Pokemon is still a thing. Make it stop....lol

Is somebody willing to ask GyroNutz, Elizhaa, PaChi2, Executor N0, The real cal howard, Kepekley23, Moritzva, Ricsi-viragosi, Mr. Bambu, and The Wright Way to comment here again, after first summarising what needs to be done here?

Well, the parts about Concept Types and Soul Immunity has been finished, with the accepted changes to Soul Immunity haven been added.

In regards to Abstract Existence, it's just a matter of people deciding if they agree or disagree that Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina have enough evidence for Abstract Existence of their respective Concepts. With one side saying that they have enough evidence that their true forms are their Concepts that are spread throughout the Pokemon World, and the other side saying either they don't have enough evidence that what they embody are Concepts or that their true forms aren't Conceptual and Abstract in nature even if they are the Space/Time of the Pokemon World.

Well I've already posted messages to their walls asking the above to reply again, so it's best to wait to see where this goes.

Well, Bambu is still in the rejected pile, and won't be coming to the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back