• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Clean up thread part 2: Actual cleanup

I'm not going to be able to help actively, but I can report some pages I think have problems, obviously pointing out at said issues.

Kanto - Hax (I'll do the big three first)
  • Charizard
Poison Manipulation (Toxic), Statistics Reduction (Leer, Scary Face, etc), Statistics Amplification (Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, etc), Rage Power (Rage), Paralysis Inducement (Body Slam, Dragon Breath), Power Mimicry (Mimic), Afterimage Creation (Double Team), Damage Reduction (Reflect), Damage Transferal (Substitute), Status Effect Inducement (Flinch with Bite. Confusion with Swagger. Accuracy with Mud-Slap), Forcefield Creation (Protect), Empathic Manipulation (Attract), Air Manipulation (Air Slash, Air Cutter), Damage Boost (Facade), Heat Manipulation (Heat Wave), Energy Projection (Hyper Beam), Sound Manipulation (Echoed Voice), Acrobatics (Acrobatics), Martial Arts (Multiple fighting moves)

• Blastoise (This profile is actually much better)
Poison Manipulation (Toxic), Paralysis Inducement (Body Slam), Energy Projection (Hyper Beam), Rage Power (Rage), Earth Manipulation (Earthquake), Afterimage Creation (Double Team), Power Mimicry (Mimic), Damage Reduction (Reflect), Damage Transferal (Substitute), Psychic Attacks (Can learn confusion for some reason), Empathic Manipulation (Attract), Sleep Manipulation (Yawn), Damage Boost (Facade).

^ It says it's previous form is "Charmander", wtf?

MUUUCH better.

AP: First forms should be 8-A, higher with amps
Final Forms should be High 7-A, 6-C with amps as any amp in AP will throw them to the next tier.

Speed: Should be FTL, higher with amps.

I'll get around to Venusaur soon enough. We'll probably need more people to handle each Gen, I'll be focusing on Gen 1 first.

EDIT: Added Blastoise

Last edited:
The first widespread problems are that some Pokémon are missing images for some of their evolutionary stages, some pages still have pictures of shiny forms at the top (which I remember it was decided to remove), and lastly there's a huge inconsistency when it comes to move lists and related powers.

Since the canon affair hasn't been resolved, nor will ever be resolved, it must be decided if Mystery Dungeon stuff (IQ skills and else) and other stuff from side games such as Conquest is allowed or not, and then either give it to every Pokémon or take it away entirely.

Some feats that have been determined unusable, such as Defog and Magneton raising the temperature, should be removed from profiles and the verse page.

Many, many Pokèmon and trainers have inconsistent ratings because several revisions weren't carried out in their entirety. For this reason you still see some mid stages being 7-B and stuff like that.

Cramorant, Indeedee and some other newly msde Gen 8 mons have weird powers and resistances revolving around things such as Time Manipulation, Conceptual Manipulation, Transmutation, Thread Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation and other things that come from the Pokémon Physiology draft page, which has never been officially accepted.

I think space-time manipulation for all mons was indeed fully accepted but never added.

It should be specified it refers to that old revision, instead of throwing powers and abilities around like that, since they aren't explained whatsoever.
Also, some of these are listed as Resistances, for some reason.

And resisting stuff like String Shot and Ominous Wind due to sheer type shouldn't grant resistance to all kinds of Thread Manip (which is already a weird thing to resist in the first place) and Air Manip (since it isn't even a flying move)

It was because all Pokémon have consistently shown the ability to interact and repel space-time distortions or smth.

Magnemite's speed section needs fixes. Its keys with MHS+ only scale to other Magnemites. The page needs better explanation and/or calc for the feat that gives Magnemite MHS+ rating.

Same thing applies to Pikachu, so I presume this might affect other Electric types as well?

Guys I wanted to ask, should we scale Psychic type telekinesis to average LS for that type? I mean, alakazam moves around clouds casually so...

I'm not sure, at most we could scale upper forms to lower ones, but I disagree with doing the same across the same evolutionary stages, as each Pokémon has their own peculiarities which make them different from mons of the same type.
I already disagree with scaling every third mon's physical strength to the same feat from Charizard/Heracross, but that's another can of worms.

It's more related to lifting strength rather than AP, because one thing is Vileplume fighting Charizard, another is saying they can both bench press the same amount without any evidence, only the fact they can hurt each other.
This is especially true since we already make distinctions for mons like Machamp, who are considered on a different league of physical strength, and scaling to it is allowed only for the very few mons who can canonically wrestle with it, like Grimmsnarl.

It's more related to lifting strength rather than AP, because one thing is Vileplume fighting Charizard, another is saying they can both bench press the same amount without any evidence, only the fact they can hurt each other.
This is especially true since we already make distinctions for mons like Machamp, who are considered on a different league of physical strength, and scaling to it is allowed only for the very few mons who can canonically wrestle with it, like Grimmsnarl.
We did this in the BIG POKEMON UPGRADES thread. Machamp and Grimmsnarl scale to Machamp's class T feat while the rest scale above Happiny above class M.

Right, tho isn't Brock's Happiny considered a special member of its kind?
Like, not the average Happiny.

We have anime Pikachu, anime Bewear and possibly other special mons who have their own profile and their own stats because they are considered different enough from all the other representants of their species.

Is Brock's happiny portrayed as a special one, or not? How does it perform in battle, is it like, especially strong? (Which admittedly means little in the anime, since the differences between stages aren't as relevant as in the games).

We have anime Pikachu, anime Bewear and possibly other special mons who have their own profile and their own stats because they are considered different enough from all the other representants of their species.

Is Brock's happiny portrayed as a special one, or not? How does it perform in battle, is it like, especially strong? (Which admittedly means little in the anime, since the differences between stages aren't as relevant as in the games).
It was strong but we scale it only to top tiers. Metagross casually shook it off with not much effort and it hasn't been shown to be comparable to fully evolved pokemon, only to normal/1st stages

It would be, it literally uses 12-14km as thickness. Not distance from ground. And tell me what you think of the hax potency I just mentioned
Alakazam's LS is class 25, if i remake the calc properly then it will be way higher as even a 1x1km cube of cloud will weigh 1003000000kg or 1003000 tons, Class G

Alakazam's LS is class 25, if i remake the calc properly then it will be way higher as even a 1x1km cube of cloud will weigh 1003000000kg or 1003000 tons, Class G
Rewatch the episode, record the feat with OBS and post it on gfycat.com

ah yes large mountain level+ Appletun
Kanto - Hax (I'll do the big three first)
  • Charizard
Poison Manipulation (Toxic), Statistics Reduction (Leer, Scary Face, etc), Statistics Amplification (Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, etc), Rage Power (Rage), Paralysis Inducement (Body Slam, Dragon Breath), Power Mimicry (Mimic), Afterimage Creation (Double Team), Damage Reduction (Reflect), Damage Transferal (Substitute), Status Effect Inducement (Flinch with Bite. Confusion with Swagger. Accuracy with Mud-Slap), Forcefield Creation (Protect), Empathic Manipulation (Attract), Air Manipulation (Air Slash, Air Cutter), Damage Boost (Facade), Heat Manipulation (Heat Wave), Energy Projection (Hyper Beam), Sound Manipulation (Echoed Voice), Acrobatics (Acrobatics), Martial Arts (Multiple fighting moves)

• Blastoise (This profile is actually much better)
Poison Manipulation (Toxic), Paralysis Inducement (Body Slam), Energy Projection (Hyper Beam), Rage Power (Rage), Earth Manipulation (Earthquake), Afterimage Creation (Double Team), Power Mimicry (Mimic), Damage Reduction (Reflect), Damage Transferal (Substitute), Psychic Attacks (Can learn confusion for some reason), Empathic Manipulation (Attract), Sleep Manipulation (Yawn), Damage Boost (Facade).

^ It says it's previous form is "Charmander", wtf?

MUUUCH better.

AP: First forms should be 8-A, higher with amps
Final Forms should be High 7-A, 6-C with amps as any amp in AP will throw them to the next tier.

Speed: Should be FTL, higher with amps.

I'll get around to Venusaur soon enough. We'll probably need more people to handle each Gen, I'll be focusing on Gen 1 first.

EDIT: Added Blastoise
What do you guys think of making a CRT where we discuss hax potency and new hax for pokemon based on the anime? I have a lot. Or maybe in General Discussions?

What do you guys think of making a CRT where we discuss hax potency and new hax for pokemon based on the anime? I have a lot. Or maybe in General Discussions?
useless.
Hax have been redone and it is now all based on bypassing resistances rather than amount of characters controlled

useless.
Hax have been redone and it is now all based on bypassing resistances rather than amount of characters controlled
Not true. Its like that if you have that AOE but can't control that AOE to a small area. Espeon can, because it can shoot the attract hearts all at one person, so it stacks the potency of each Attract Heart

Not true. Its like that if you have that AOE but can't control that AOE to a small area. Espeon can, because it can shoot the attract hearts all at one person, so it stacks the potency of each Attract Heart
look man that ain't how it works anymore. The potency is decided by resistance bypassing. I don't like it either but it is what was decided in a massive staff thread so if you've issues with that then direct it to them. Stacking simply doesn't work no more

look man that ain't how it works anymore. The potency is decided by resistance bypassing. I don't like it either but it is what was decided in a massive staff thread so if you've issues with that then direct it to them. Stacking simply doesn't work no more
I read the thread, and I can assure you you're wrong

I read the thread, and I can assure you you're wrong
alright then make a thread to upgrade the hax. I won't help you, you can do it by yourself and if it gets accepted, great. If you get instantly refuted and your thread gets closed, then it is how it is.

Back