• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Clean up thread part 2: Actual cleanup

well shit. Turns out he used rain dance and not psychic. This day can't get any more disappointing.

Unfortunate. There will be better telekinesis feats, I'm sure of it
well im calcing it either way.
Also i found a better article as i tried to figure out what type of clouds those are and, considering we need rain clouds, the nimbostratus seemed to be the most consistent choice. Those bad boys are 2 to 8 km thick so i used the average of 5km

well im calcing it either way.
Also i found a better article as i tried to figure out what type of clouds those are and, considering we need rain clouds, the nimbostratus seemed to be the most consistent choice. Those bad boys are 2 to 8 km thick so i used the average of 5km
Where did you exactly get that? According to our cloud calculations page on the wiki, Nimbostratus clouds are usually 2 to 4 km thick.

Where did you exactly get that? According to our cloud calculations page on the wiki, Nimbostratus clouds are usually 2 to 4 km thick.

seems to me that things may be outdated on the wiki

Ever noticed that a few pokemon were missing the FTL?

And also, even the pre evolutions should scale in the same speed with their final evolutions via FTL, since they all have the same combat speed along with their finals.

Yeah but at least we have the feat. I also heard there's a 6-C rain creation by dragonair in sun and moon but idk where to find it rn
Look at Dragonair's dex entry. It uses the energy from within its crystals to manipulate the weather. If you can find evidence that Dragonair can use energy from its crystal for his offensive moves and uses up all the crystal's energy in doing so, you can scale it to physicals.

Dragonair has never used rain dance in SM

And also, even the pre evolutions should scale in the same speed with their final evolutions via FTL, since they all have the same combat speed along with their finals.
I have a crt that is pushing that through. I'll bump it

it won't get accepted as it isn't a straight line of light. Sadly that's how the standards work around these parts.
Sapphire's Combusken dodges Solar Beam. Solar Beam here also reflects off a mirror
Perfect. It also confirms 100% that Solar beam is light
seems kinda wack as we only see the fire attack of flygon rather than roselia's attack
nice, can be good
probably not gonna give a good rating but still, it is definitely op
A trained Aegislash reacted to Tierno's Solar Beam and moved at comparable speeds to it, though the Aegislash is shown to be comparable in speed to the rain falling
pog
Attack Potency

Brycen's Beartic could use Brine (not very effective) against two trained Jellicent who doubled their power, and overpowered their Hydro Pump enough to send them flying. Just saying that Brine powers up as the user is less powerful, and this Beartic was at full health. Easily proving that trained Pokemon can be more than 3x more powerful than a wild one.
true, what's the catch? Ash's Pikachu is also easily above 2.5x an average pokemon or higher, we already knew this.

Where did we agree on exactly what abilities certain types fall under?
I recall, maybe a while ago, that there was some inconsistency with things like how we classify the more obscure types like Ghost.

it won't get accepted as it isn't a straight line of light. Sadly that's how the standards work around these parts.

Perfect. It also confirms 100% that Solar beam is light

seems kinda wack as we only see the fire attack of flygon rather than roselia's attack

nice, can be good

probably not gonna give a good rating but still, it is definitely op

pog

true, what's the catch? Ash's Pikachu is also easily above 2.5x an average pokemon or higher, we already knew this.
Can you show me this rule?

We see the solar beam at 14s and May reacted to it and was talking.

"Easily above 2.5x an average Pokemon" is like saying "Dialga is strong as it can bust buildings". That's downplay. Brycen is also thousands of times weaker than a lot of other trainers, like current ash

Can you show me this rule?

We see the solar beam at 14s and May reacted to it and was talking.

"Easily above 2.5x an average Pokemon" is like saying "Dialga is strong as it can bust buildings". That's downplay. Brycen is also thousands of times weaker than a lot of other trainers, like current ash
1000s of times is overplay unless you begin including the legendary fights which were deemed as outliers.
Either way it is definitely stronger, just to a non-clear degree

Where did we agree on exactly what abilities certain types fall under?
I recall, maybe a while ago, that there was some inconsistency with things like how we classify the more obscure types like Ghost.
sorry, i ain't sure what you are talking about

sorry, i ain't sure what you are talking about
At some point in time, Pokémon who resisted Ghost Type had resistance to either Shadow Manip or Ecoplasm Manip on their profile seemingly at random. I believe other types has similar issues.
Has that been resolved at this point?
Sorry, I haven't been as active as I should've been.

1000s of times is overplay unless you begin including the legendary fights which were deemed as outliers.
Either way it is definitely stronger, just to a non-clear degree
No, not even overplay. There are so many scaling chains where he one shots this guy who one shots another fully evolved trained pokemon which are stronger than other fully evolved pokemon, it goes on endlessly

IK we deem it as outliers for scaling to legendaries but you don't need that

At some point in time, Pokémon who resisted Ghost Type had resistance to either Shadow Manip or Ecoplasm Manip on their profile seemingly at random. I believe other types has similar issues.
I'll look these CRTs where we talked about them, can you send me? I wasn't on this forum back then but I looked at a lot of CRTs here

i think so, i don't really remember seeing that

I'll look these CRTs where we talked about them, can you send me? I wasn't on this forum back then but I looked at a lot of CRTs here
Well I don't know if there was a CRT, that's why I'm asking.
An example I still see is with psychic type.
Zoroark has it listed as Telekinesis.
Umbreon doesn't have it listed at all, but resists Soul Manipulation for some reason.
Absol has it listed as Mind Manipulation.

Altogether, it's just extremely inconsistent.
If we don't have a standard then we need one.

Bug type pokemon are scientifically proven to be capable of sensing things like electromagnetic waves. The Venipede Burgh was talking about along with a horde of other Venipede sensed a large amount of energy from very far away

Can we talk about this here? Tell me if you agree with enhanced senses or extrasensory perception for Bug Types since they sense energy. Note that Venipede have feelers which help them sense things, so they have better sensory than some random bug pokemon

Well I don't know if there was a CRT, that's why I'm asking.
An example I still see is with psychic type.
Zoroark has it listed as Telekinesis.
Umbreon doesn't have it listed at all, but resists Soul Manipulation for some reason.
Absol has it listed as Mind Manipulation.

Altogether, it's just extremely inconsistent.
If we don't have a standard then we need one.
Zoroark's telekinesis resistance is from resisting psychic, not ghost. Should we also talk about type resistances on this CRT? Shall I make another CRT? You can as well

That is very inconsistent,

To be honest i think that telekinesis is an understatement when it comes to psychics especially due to its protrayal in the anime.
Remember Psychic? I've been looking around and it isn't just an attack that lifts and throws you. In the games and seemingly the manga it is portrayed as a blas of psychic energy.
I do think a standard needs to be made for this but idk, none of the big guys in pokemon supporters seem to care about anything low-tier related

To be honest i think that telekinesis is an understatement when it comes to psychics especially due to its protrayal in the anime.
Remember Psychic? I've been looking around and it isn't just an attack that lifts and throws you. In the games and seemingly the manga it is portrayed as a blas of psychic energy.
I do think a standard needs to be made for this but idk, none of the big guys in pokemon supporters seem to care about anything low-tier related
Psychic is literally telekinesis in the manga and games

Zoroark's telekinesis resistance is from resisting psychic, not ghost. Should we also talk about type resistances on this CRT? Shall I make another CRT? You can as well
I know. I was talking about Psychic Type there.

Well, it affects the entire verse. There's also debate about whether we should use the types at all, since some of them are very obscure and come from the plates.
Either way, if we don't already have a standard then yes we need to make a CRT where we at least establish the standard for indexing every type.

Should I make it? I feel as if I can organize it nicely, and keep it up to date.
Has this already been talked about and just never applied?

I know. I was talking about Psychic Type there.

Well, it affects the entire verse. There's also debate about whether we should use the types at all, since some of them are very obscure and come from the plates.
Either way, if we don't already have a standard then yes we need to make a CRT where we at least establish the standard for indexing every type.

Should I make it? I feel as if I can organize it nicely, and keep it up to date.
Can you make it right now? Within an hour? Because if not, then I will because I already prepared scans yesterday

Can you make it right now? Within an hour? Because if not, then I will because I already prepared scans yesterday
I can. I suppose I will. Worst case scenario is the thread ends up being redundant and we close it.

That won't happen. There's a lot of non controversial resistances anyone will agree with
Yes, and others which are controversial. I'm writing it right now. We'll talk about all of them, just to be certain.

Yes, and others which are controversial. I'm writing it right now. We'll talk about all of them, just to be certain.
Here's the plan, if something gets controversial, just remove that proposal. Focus on easy to discuss stuff, don't give yourself a headache

It will be a bit before I'm done writing it. I'm being thorough and also neat.

Back