• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon - Arceus Plates Revision

Sniper670

He/Him
Well, considering Arceus has a ton of powers(most of which aren't on his profile), I made a Plates page that encompasses most of his powers.

This still doesn't cover his complete arsenal, as a lot of powers have varying showings in all media, but this should give you a general idea.

Why would Arceus get the abilities of Humans and non-pokemon who can't equip the plates?

Why does Arceus get the non-move powers of Pokemon?

Why does Arceus scale to the abilities of individual pokemon?

Why does Arceus scale to the intrinsic characteristics of pokemon such as small size?

Also, I wouldn't say Dragon Force is a form of chaos manipulation.

Last edited:
Why would Arceus get the abilities of Humans and non-pokemon who can't equip the plates?

Why does Arceus get the non-move powers of Pokemon?

Why does Arceus scale to the abilities of individual pokemon?
Don't remember where I read it but apparently Arceus has all of the powers and abilities of other Pokemon because there was a lore entry stating his tablet contained the 'essence of all creation'.

Personally I really doubt that means that he has all pokemon moves considering the fact that he...literally doesn't, but that's been accepted already.

Don't remember where I read it but apparently Arceus has all of the powers and abilities of other Pokemon because there was a lore entry stating his tablet contained the 'essence of all creation'.

Personally I really doubt that means that he has all pokemon moves considering the fact that he...literally doesn't, but that's been accepted already.

Yeah. I have problem with that. It's giving NLF.

Arceus is limited to four moves (plus the intrinsic powers he has been shown to have that aren't specific Pokémon moves), and isn't shown to have any other abilities (Pokémon abilities) or shown or said to be able to do whatever everyone else can do.

This is essentially saying, Arceus can imitate anything that's been done in pokemon because of this one line. It needs more supporting evidence.

Yeah. I have problem with that. It's giving NLF.

Arceus is limited to four moves (plus the intrinsic powers he has been shown to have that aren't specific Pokémon moves), and isn't shown to have any other abilities (Pokémon abilities) or shown or said to be able to do whatever everyone else can do.

This is essentially saying, Arceus can imitate anything that's been done in pokemon because of this one line. It needs more supporting evidence.
arceus being limited to 4 moves is only his avatar and he has shown to use different moves when accessing the plates such as when he used his water plate in the anime to suddenly use a water move.

arceus being limited to 4 moves is only his avatar and he has shown to use different moves when accessing the plates such as when he used his water plate in the anime to suddenly use a water move.

Did he use a specific water move, or was this an intrinsic ability of the water plate?

For example, did he use the water plate to use water pulse, or does the water plate allow him to use water manipulation?

Did he use a specific water move, or was this an intrinsic ability of the water plate?
it wasn't stated which one but he did use a peculiar one with a very specfic purpose and it definitely wasn't some ability that the plate gives by default. in fact no plate gives you some ability by default, just boosts your type if you grab it

it wasn't stated which one but he did use a peculiar one with a very specfic purpose and it definitely wasn't some ability that the plate gives by default.
Well that's the problem, does it allow him to use specific pokemon moves or is it general power of that type. Is he using flamethrower or is just creating fire. This CRT, is making the claim that he has access to every pokemon move via the plates, and that's not specifically stated.

in fact no plate gives you some ability by default, just boosts your type if you grab it
That's for everyone else. Not for Arceus for whom the plates changes his type. So it is not impossible

pretty sure it's judgement and judgement looks like an f-ton of meteors or projectiles flying at you
Doesn’t his special move change type depending on what plate is used?

It could be that's just what Judgement looks like as a normal type, but appears different when other plates are activated.

Why are we discussing the plates power thing, it is already accepted and linked in his page, arceus not learning or using all moves is gameplay mechanics, mew can literally learn all moves both in game and lore and yet can only use four, bruh.

Humans and pokemon were one before and i'm pretty sure their powers fall under one of the 18 typings, though stuff like team rocket's 4th wall stuff fewls weird to me.

Individual pokemon still use one of the typings.

I agrew that large and small size is redudant and should be changed to size manip since that's a thing all pokemon got.

Agree that dragon force doesn't fit there, it seems like a chaotic energy but not like literally made of chaos and stuff, is just dangerous and corruptive.

We do need to separate arceus has and what his plates have specifically though, arceus embodies the verse and everyone on it so he scales to them, the plates are another history.

Okay. I'll remove Dragon Force from Chaos Manipulation but keep it under energy Manipulation

Why are we discussing the plates power thing, it is already accepted and linked in his page, arceus not learning or using all moves is gameplay mechanics, mew can literally learn all moves both in game and lore and yet can only use four, bruh.

It's a limitation that's presented in all the games.

Humans and pokemon were one before and i'm pretty sure their powers fall under one of the 18 typings, though stuff like team rocket's 4th wall stuff fewls weird to me.
OP has arceus getting toonforce because a human manga character has it. It's a no for me. Humans and pokemon were one before, but they're separate entities now. All their abilities don't fall under the typing, and humans can't use the plates. There is no reason for Arceus to get the abilities of humans other than a no limits fallacy.

Individual pokemon still use one of the typings.

OP also has Arceus gaining the a power of abilities like Blaziken's speed boost. Plates don't effect abilities or power them up. Why should arceus get abilities he isn't shown to have

Yes. Those are game mechanics to balance the game.
OP has arceus getting toonforce because a human manga character has it. It's a no for me. Humans and pokemon were one before, but they're separate entities now. All their abilities don't fall under the typing, and humans can't use the plates. There is no reason for Arceus to get the abilities of humans other than a no limits fallacy.
Actually the Plate has the essence of all creation. So humans are not exempt.
OP also has Arceus gaining the a power of abilities like Blaziken's speed boost. Plates don't effect abilities or power them up. Why should arceus get abilities he isn't shown to have
Yes. Because the Powers of plates are shared amongst all Pokémon

Yes. Those are game mechanics to balance the game.
Resistances and immunities are also game mechanics to balance the game. Are we going to not include those too?

Actually the Plate has the essence of all creation. So humans are not exempt.
Yeah. That statement isn't specific and all encompassing enough for you to make the claim that Arceus can do what every human character in the franchise can do. You need more evidence.

And what about that specifically says Arceus has the abilities of every pokemon.

Resistances and immunities are also game mechanics to balance the game. Are we going to not include those too?
That is not true. Fairy types are immune to Dragon Attacks and ghost types are immune to normal /fighting attacks
Again. If Pokémon are limited to 4 move how did they index all the moves from legendaries who aren't part of species
Yeah. That statement isn't specific and all encompassing enough for you to make the claim that Arceus can do what every human character in the franchise can do. You need more evidence.
Yes. Why can't he? The difference between humans and Pokémon is that humans have no powers.
Plus Essence of all creation is essence of all creation, its an all inclusive statement
Besides, Meowth has a more impressive toon force feats.
And what about that specifically says Arceus has the abilities of every pokemon.
Because the plates are the origin of their powers. I pointed that out

In fact don't spam this thread with whether Arceus has all powers or not. It has been accepted ages ago.

Make your own crt to remove it. This is not the place for that

Besides, Meowth has a more impressive toon force feats.
Don't think we can scale them, i mean, you are comparing a apophatic, transcendental deity embodying perfection in everyway, completely outside the world's rules, in fact enforcing his own via his own will and desired "logic".

With arceus.

Okay "jokes" aside, from what i recall, meowth is the source of like 50% of the anime's toon force and 4th wall awareness, so even if we exclude humans, arceus would still get it just as good as before because his is the best alongside his team.

unless they set up a plot about meowth being made of stuff beyond even arceus range to explain why he is such a anomlaly but a man can dream.

You think we could list other wielders, notable ones of course, like some protagonists and villains?

Also, shouldn't the tiers and stuff be "up to" since basically no one managed to use the full power of the plates, the closest i can remember was team galactic making the flame plate open a portal to the distortion world and bring cyrus' universe

Oh right. The Japanese version makes it explicitly clear ;

1. Japanese (Katana)
生まれてくる ポケモン プレートの力 わけあたえられる
Pokémon born with the power of the plate.

2. Japanese Hiragana
うまれてくる ポケモン プレートの ちから わけあたえられる
そのもの

The ability of an unborn Pokémon plate to determine
what it is

For the second it literally confirms that the plates determine the abilities of Pokémon

@Yemma670 Plates is like a weapon? Because that's not the standard format for weapons, so if you want I can clean up your blog a bit to make it more presentable and attractive.

I used the Infinity Stones profile as basis, since the two are similar.

You can modify it then, if there's something wrong with it

Don't think we can scale them, i mean, you are comparing a apophatic, transcendental deity embodying perfection in everyway, completely outside the world's rules, in fact enforcing his own via his own will and desired "logic".

With arceus.

Okay "jokes" aside, from what i recall, meowth is the source of like 50% of the anime's toon force and 4th wall awareness, so even if we exclude humans, arceus would still get it just as good as before because his is the best alongside his team.

unless they set up a plot about meowth being made of stuff beyond even arceus range to explain why he is such a anomlaly but a man can dream.

You think we could list other wielders, notable ones of course, like some protagonists and villains?

Also, shouldn't the tiers and stuff be "up to" since basically no one managed to use the full power of the plates, the closest i can remember was team galactic making the flame plate open a portal to the distortion world and bring cyrus' universe
I can't find references for meowth feats that why I didn't use it. Wayy better toon force feats there

Maybe? I mean one can safely say Arceus is using the plates for his feats so I think we've seen what it's capable of

For others wielding. I don't remember anyone wielding it in a combat applicable way

I think the trio's profile respect thread for him has quite a lot of toon force feats for him, a lot are focused on making him unkillable but there is also a lot of physics defying.

Idk man, just because arceus got them doesn't mean they are his, do we even see his name written on them?

hmmm, team galatic is the best example i found, especially their heatran using the plate to become a big lava monster i guess, also i heard something about mewtwo fighting the psychic plate? Was it being used by someone?

Yup. Unfortunately I can't find the specific episodes

"The rightful bearer of a Plate draws from the Plate it holds"
I mean, Llama already defeated some giants and extracted the essence of their powers for a new plate. It's reasonable to say he created the plates

Yup. I don't remember the mewtwo one

Yeah that's the issue, i do think every episode their appear has toon force so is gonna be hard to find.

I was kidding, don't worry, the fact that the plates are treated as pieces of him should suffit.

Admitelly it was xxxking claiming "mewtwo surpasses the mind plate", while i doubt he surpasses the full thing it, it sounded like he had fought against it and won or something

Yeah that's the issue, i do think every episode their appear has toon force so is gonna be hard to find.

I was kidding, don't worry, the fact that the plates are treated as pieces of him should suffit.

Admitelly it was xxxking claiming "mewtwo surpasses the mind plate", while i doubt he surpasses the full thing it, it sounded like he had fought against it and won or something
haven't seen any evidence for mewtwo>mind plate...ever

yeah is not about mewtwo being > it, is about king saying that as if mewtwo interacted with the plate for some reason, so i wanted to confirm if someone else used it because they could be an notable wielder

Can y'all mention your stance on this. I'm looking to add those who agree and those who don't

Vague thing, we don't give those things because you created everything

"Guys, I think Arceus doesn't have immeasurable speed because he respects turn-based actions! That's a limitation presented in all the games!"

The limit is the verse's own abilities themselves, how is that NLF? Do not use fallacies when you do not know when they apply.
That is assuming he has every hax even when he only created it, saying he created everything and then saying everything comes from him so he must have every power is a big ass jump

That is assuming he has every hax even when he only created it, saying he created everything and then saying everything comes from him so he must have every power is a big ass jump
Everything does come from him.
And even if it didn't, this isn't NLF, this falls under another fallacy.

Back