• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon AP/Durability upgrade (All Tier 7s)

Salamence: It's uncontrollable if enraged. It flies around spouting flames and scorching fields and '''mountains'''.

@Overlord Probably not. I like really doubt it. I mean, he technically is still the strongest non legendary by feats.

@Matt It could also be the fact that Pokemon are pretty much everyday animals in the Pokemon World making them naturally High 7-A seems hard to swallow for some.

Personally, I never understood why we have to go through so much for Pokemon. It a lot more simple than people think. At least imo.

I agree with Dragon, it's far simpler than it's being made out to be. This community, especially it's staff and former staff, need to get it together and stop making everything so complicated and going to the extent of fighting amongst each other solely because they don't agree. It's not thermonuclear astrophysics people....it's Pokemon.

It don't matter if they're ordinary animals in that world. If they have feats to back it up, it's legit. No one's personal feelings should be allowed to affect statistics. "I don't want Pokemon to be strong" is secretly the reason most people go out of their way to argue against upgrades, even if there is some weight to their arguments, they just don't want Pokemon to be strong.

Or maybe its just because they disagree with how things were calculated. It's not just because someone wants to downplay a verse 100% every situation.

It's not even about the calc in this argument, it's about the visible bias for a slight Pokémon increase while other verses sometimes go from Tier 8 to 2 with 0 complaints.

Can we focus on the thread without thinking about why people do what, and have a normal debate instead?

Though the question is....What is the issue at hand? Are we upgrading them or not? Like we have no conclusion...

I don't like to make accusations that people are downplaying unless I have reasons to call it downplaying, instead of just pointing fingers and saying "you're downplaying".

Anyways, back on topic.

I'm in support of High 7-A+, as 7-A+ is more to support in consistency, and we have far more solid Tier 7 feats than Tier 6 feats, although THREE High 6-C calcs is pretty hard to argue with.

Nobody's acusing anyone. Don't even go there.

Now then, if this is a problem with calcs, then that's up for the calc group to resolve. Otherwise there's nothing wrong with what was presented.

Perhaps this is irrelevant, but Aggron's description of pokedex asserts that he appropriates an entire mountain and makes it his territory.

Also crushes to anything that supposes a danger for its territory.

I really don't know about High 6-C. The High 6-C results are highballs, and it's the lowballed ones that are more consistent with the rest of the Tier 7 showings, and Cal's High 7-A+ lowball uses a height value that seems acceptable.

Sera Loveheart said:
Nobody's acusing anyone. Don't even go there.
Mind my intrusion but she literally said I secretly don't want Pokemon to be strong even if I had a good argument; and if that's not an accusation, then just fugg me up fam.

Anywho, AN is saying what I think, High 6-C is the highball IIRC. I'd rather be safe with a Tier 7 result, or the lowball.

She never mentioned you, Arigamy. You arrived after she commented that, you're inserting yourself onto her phrase.

And I would appreciate no more fighting here.

What Matt said. This is Pokemon, not politics.

I've genuinely enjoyed this discussion and I'd prefer we keep it like that.

I'm on the Against list, that's why I used myself as an example. I'm not saying she's pointing a gun to my head.

Dash just went and added people to the against list, even people who never posted on the thread and don't want to debate this.

@Matt: That kinda annoys me. I get the desire for a comprehensive list, but not everyone wants to have their position in a debate stated for them. Anyway, whatever.

To be clear, I'm fine with the High 7-A+ results. Although, I find it a little bit of a disappointment that some 2nd stage Pokemon & those with no evolutions or pre-evolutions don't get the tier boost for Thunder, a move they learn naturally in the wild.

Still, although there are some parts I disagree with, I don't think it'd be accurate to say I'm "against" this in its entirety.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I think Imagine is like Prom in the case that he's neutral.
To put it another way, so long as the lore accuracy, the scaling, the math, consistency with the established canon, the arguments, following wiki policy, the level of non-outlier-ish-ness, etc. all check out, I support this.

I'm opinionated on some aspects of this, but if neutral means "indifferent", then maybe I'm... supportive of some aspects? I support some parts, I guess? So call that "For it" or "Neutral" or whatever, I guess? Pardon me, please.

This thread has turned very long. Perhaps it is time to start a continuation topic with a summary in the beginning, and then close this?

I'm not sure about 500, but they certainly don't stop at 400. I've seen several threads surpass 400.

Yes but after 400, threads begin to slow down mobile web browsers. At least for Android users.

Back