• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon AP/Durability upgrade (All Tier 7s)

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/794952

Antoniofer and Dark have revealed they are against this, so I will add them up to the against list. I will have to ask Gwyn later for his opinions. It is notable that Gwyn did disagree in the blog for the thunder calc.

So 4 calc member disagrees with this offically and Gwyn probably does, but better be sure, so I'll ask him. (If he does it would be 5).

Anywho I updated the list.

Well, if this is such a controversy amongst the staff, I suppose that it might be better to find another feat instead.

However I still don't see the big issue with the Thunder Calc.

The most common criticism of it seems to be that Cal is calcing the energy involved creation of the cloud when it's the lightning bolt that does the damage. But the thing is, if they are capable of putting out that energy in one way, then they are capable of putting that energy into something else.

Take Ampharos for example. The amount of energy it puts into creating light was calc'd at Town level. Obviously, Ampharos doesn't destroy towns by flashing lights at them, but it can put that same amount of energy into its electrical attacks.

Going by this, I don't think Cal's calc is just a calc for Thunder. I think it's more of a calc for how much energy higher level Pokemon can dish out.

I agree with the 7-A+, but not for an already evolved Lv┬░ 36 Charizard. The problem with thunder is that it is used by strong trainers at the end or more likely after the end of the game, the fact it was canonically obtained by a protagonist is ambiguos and the fact that even a Lv┬░ 1 Pichu can learn it.

@Dark649 A level 1 Pichu literally cannot have Thunder unless you use a TM on it, and TM's aren't counted since all of our Pokemon pages use wild Pokemon.

@Dark649. Same logic could be said about Goombas hurting Mario, with the Pichu thing. Furthermore, trainers have literally nothing to do with this

Once again, since when did we establish a rule that the profiles had to be for untrained Pokemon? People keep playing the "there's no way an untrained Charizard can do that" card when we haven't even established any sort of rule about that, so this argument has no base to stand on.

As long as the feat doesn't come from a Pokemon fighting another Pokemon, it should be fine.

Back